+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: King of the Jungle II

QB, these are the listed replays of this weeks show that my tv's guide is showing...
    Saturday 7am, Sunday 7am, and Sunday 9pm. And yep, it's in Florida..I actually looked at the end of the show this week to see just where and it's over in Fort Meyers. Hopefully you'll be able to catch one of those replays, I know you work such odd hours, but maybe one of the 7am ones when you get home in the mornings.

Thanks, 7 am is actually around the time I'm watching my taped shows anyway but I don't tape anything Friday night. So, I can see last week's and be caught up before the next episode. I know I'm nuts but I want to see the broken thumb thing!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    You'll like that episode queenb, it really was entertaining to me.

The one I missed was when heavier-set black woman was King of the pride... Sorry, I am SO terrible at names. Anyway, I didn't see that episode and I'm bummed.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

8/10 recap - part 1

Opening shot.

Cynthia, Bee and Lindsey are in the kitchen tent speculating on what is happening at the Lion's Pit and hoping that Henry will win. Cynthia mentions that Henry was a little nervous but also confident and that Lang was nervous.

Then we see a shot of Cherry walking back to camp then a second or so later there is lang.

Cynthia comments that she thinks having Lang back is bad for the camp. There will be a lot of tension. Things will be ugly.

Jacob comments that he was not expecting Lang back, he thought that Henry would win.

Tony asked Lang how far did the competition go and Lang said that they went up to 3 questions.

Cherry comments again that she would not have sent Henry in to the Pit if she had realized how fast Lang was. She said considering how slow Lang was around the camp (I think she is insulting him) she thought that he would have been like molasses. Actually he is a snake going around and biting people. At this point I'm sure she said Son of a B* and something else but it was bleeped out.

Langs comments how intense and dangerous he is now. He is thinking of changing his strategy to volunteering for the Pit everytime he does not win a challenge.

Bee comments that she is seeing a much darker and aggressive side to Lang and that she is shocked and feels nervous around him.

Patrick comments that is doesn't take much to threaten people and if you know you have the power to be threatening then you don't have to do much to cause that feeling and that the girls feel threaten by Lang.

Next Animal Segment

The pride meet a Blue and Gold Macaw and a Scarlet Macaw and get to handle them. We learn that there are 18 varieties of macaw ranging from 12" to 3' in length. They are found in South America and are forest birds. They are built to fly through the forest but are much better climbers than they are flyers. They mate for life and produce a clutch of 3 eggs. They feed the chick regurgitated food known as crop milk. Their beaks can crush nuts very easily, but they also eat fruit. Their tongues are actually a bone.

Challenge

The pride walks over to Madison (the host) and she explains the challenge. The pride will divide into 2 teams of 4. They will be the Blue and Scarlet teams. Two members will be the parents and 2 will be chicks. The Parents will be attached to a harness and fly from a tree and fly over the chicks in the nest and feed them a glutinous mass of oatmeal. The team that catches the most food will win the challenge.

At this point Madison tells the pride to divide into teams. Its a bit of a free for all. Cherry picks can't hear the name. Cynthia picks Lang. We see a sidebar where Cynthia says that she picked Lang because she did not want him to feel ostracized and it was a good strategy in case he became King, that she would be safe from being picked for the Pit.

Blue Team: Parents: Patrick and Jacob. Chicks: Cherry and Bee.

Scarlet Team: Parents: Lang and Tony. Chicks: Lindsey and Cynthia.

Scarlet Team goes first. Lang goes first and misses Lindsey and Cynthia.

In a sidebar Cynthia is repeating all of Lang's excuses. The oatmeal was sticky. The wind velocity was wrong. The angle was too high etc..

Tony goes and misses Lindsey and Cynthia. There is a bit of splatter in Lindsey's basker.

Blue Team.

Jacob goes first. He was smart because he already had two balls of oatmeal formed and held in each hand, instead of waiting to scoop the oatmeal out of his pouch while flying. Cherry misses. Bees gets it all.

Patrick has a glob of oatmeal in his hands. Cherry misses. Bee gets it all.

Blue Team wins. Madison then tells the Blue Team to pick a member to be King. Patrick says 'Queen Bee'. Cherry Says 'Queen Bee'. Jacob says 'Queen Bee'. Bee is the new King of the Jungle. She is given the King's Amulet, and Patrick and Jacob carry her on their shoulders all the way to the King's Tent.

Lang comments that he is glad tht Bee is the King as she is very even keeled and that they all need to have a good time.

Later the pride is hanging out in the kitchen tent. Patrick and Jacob are doing the dishes. While Bee is talking to Cherry and Lang and asking for advise how to be King beause she can feel the tension. Cherry tells Bee to continue being as nice as she is and not to go to the Dark Side. Shot of Bee and Cherry and Lindsey laughing. Bee then ask Lang. Lang says that his advice is not to ask for his advice as it has not panned out for him.

Bird Mail.

Bee picks Tony and Jacob. They walk off into the jungle to meet their guide. They are looking for frogs. They find a:

1. Malaysian Leaf Frog - It looks exactly like a dead leaf. They use their shape as camoflage and wait for their prey to come to them. They will eat anything that they can get down their mouths. They do excret a toxin from their pituitary glands that are located behind their eyes.

Next is a:
    2. Poison Dart Frog - It is small and the body a dark blue color with a bright band of blue in a diamond pattern on its body. They are found in South America and the natives dip their arrows in the toxin that is secreted from their skin. Poison Dart Frogs get their toxin from toxic ants that they eat. If they are raised in an area that does not have these ants then they do not develop the toxin.

Next is a:
    3. Waxy Monkey Frog - is is bright green with white dots on its body. It secrete a waxy film from its skin and is very slippery. Sort of has big eyes and looks monkey like.

Next is a:
    4. Big red Frog and couldn't get the name the guide was muttering. But it was a female, bright red and slippery. I think is was from Madagascar.

Next is a:
    5._____ Toad- (may the guide said neo toad?? couldn't hear) - It was a big sucker about the size of a small dinner plate. The guide said that they can get very large more than a foot across. These toads have been imported all over the world as pest controls and have pushed the native wildlife out. They are very voracious (eat all the time).

The guide then tells them that they have to go back to camp and make sure that they wash their hands.

Meanwhile back at the camp Cynthia has been talking to Patrick about her chances in the Pit and she does not think they are good against Lang.

Back at the camp Bee comments that she is feeling the pressure of being King and now she has to decide who to send to the Pit. She is thinking either Tony or Jacob and maybe Lang. Lang because the females feel threatened both physically and mentally by him and its not a good feeling to have in the camp.

Jacob is making a ring to practice with. He and Tony talk about going into the Pit.

Langs comments that he would not be surprised if he is goes. He says that he and Cynthia are tight because they both feel like outsiders. There is a shot of Lang and Cynthia talking (inside a tent) about who Bee will be sending to the Pit and Cynthia thinks it might be her. Cynthia makes a comment about how you cannot know what is in another person mind.

Then it cuts to a sidebar of Cynthia saying that absolutely, that Bee's strategy is to send Lang to the Pit and to send in someone who can beat him.

Back to the tent. Lang is telling Cynthia that he feels isolated and is waiting for a good time to integrate back into the pride. He says that Cynthia is his only friend here.

Shots of some of the group waiting in the King's Tent. Cynthia and Tony are outside by the firepit waiting. Cynthia says that they want Lang out. Cynthia says she hates this part. Lang joins them. Tony comments that it might be him.

Bees hopes that it will be peaceful and that everyone understands that it is a game, hopes there will not be any outbursts and that they will have a peaceful night. She goes to the firepit.

Bee state again that she hope this will be peaceful and that it is a game. She chooses Jacob and tell him he is a fierce competitor. She picks Lang and tells him the same thing. At this point all seems calm. Bee hugs them both.

People are hanging out in the kitchen tent and by the fire pit. Jacob is practicing his ring toss. Lang is playing some instrument. Lang is starting to work himself up.

Jacob comments that Lang is using a strategy of intimidation by being vocal people are a little bit afraid of him, they think he is a little wild. Jacob sees that it is a strategy that Lang is playing, that he, Jacob sees it but nobody else does.

At this point Lang start to go off there is an edge of hysteria in his voice. Lang says that he will volunteer for all the Lion's Pits even if he is King if they will allow it.

A shot of Tony with his head bent and shaking at the drama. Lindsey has her hand over her mouth. Then we see a sidebar of Lindsey and she is commenting that Lang said he will take everyone out one at a time and that everyone wants to see him go and not come back.

Continued in Part 2....
    Last edited by Bearcata; 08-12-2004 at 08:53 PM.

8/10 Recap - Part 2 - The Lion's Pit

Opening shot.

Jacob is packing. He comments that if he wins everyone will be thrilled

Bee comments the we want him (Lang) gone because he is a strong competitor and if he comes back well, we'll work our will (??) and he will go back to the Lion's Pit.

Lang comments the maybe he will knock Jacob out and get Cherry out of here, maybe he will have a chance to reintegrate into the pride. (There is a shot of Cherry walking.) Theres a chance for that, if not than I will just strike like a cobra. I'll just pick them all off one at a time.

Cynthia comments, about Lang, that he has not done that well on the last couple of challenges, something always goes wrong for Lang. But boy does he get it together when he goes to the Pit. And he is fast and he knows everything.

Bee, Jacob and Lang all walk to the Lion's Pit. Bee steps up to the podium and stands next to Madison. Bee hangs Langs and Jacobs totems on the logs. There are 5 logs on each side.

Madison starts the contest.

Question 1: How many varieties of macaw exist?

Jacob and Lang both grab the rings and and each others ring. They are trying to muscle their rings over the stump ( I really don't know what call this little stump pole that all of what 12 inches high.) Lang muscles his ring over the stump. He answer that there are 18 varieties of macaw. That is correct. He picks up the machete and chops a lifeline. Jacob is safe.

Question 2: Which variety of macaw is the largest?

Lang wins but his is hurt. Lang got his ring down first but Jacob was right behind him and I think that Lang's thumb got caught between the 2 rings. Lang says he busted his hand on that one. Madison asks him if he is alright. Langs replies: give me a second to get some life back into it. Lang then gets the machete and chops another lifeline. Jacob is safe.

Question 3: Macaws lay approximately 3 eggs at a time. A group of eggs is called a what?

Jacob wins - Lang shakes his hand in pain. Jacob answers a group of eggs is called a clutch. That is the correct answer. Jacob gets the machete and cuts one of Lang's lifelines. Lang is safe.

Question 4: What are the 2 varieties of macaw that the group met?

Lang wins but he hurts his hand again. Lang hit Jacob's ring with his but was able to slip the ring under Jacob's. Answer - the Blue and Gold and Scarlet Macaws. Lang uses his left hand to hold the machete and chop the lifeline. Jacob is safe. Jacob still has a 1 in 3 chance.

Question 5: The largest macaw can grow up to what length?

Clear win for Lang. Answers 3 feet. Correct. Lang cuts another lifeline. Jacob is safe but has only one log left.

Bee comments that after the 4th question Lang's bone was practically sticking out and he kept going and she is thinking what are you doing why are you hurting yourself.

Shot of a medic looking at Lang's hand. Lang asks him if he thinks it is broken and the medic says he needs an x-ray to know for sure. Lang says that he heard a snap. The medic repeats that Lang heard a snap. Then Lang says the 'I don't want to think about it'. The medic reports that Lang does not want an ice pack and he can continue with the game.

Question 6: The male macaw feeds the chicks regurgitated food. What is this food called?

Jacob wins. Answer crop milk. Jacob cuts a lifeline. Lang is still in the game.

Madison asks if Langs is OK, will he be OK to play - Lang shrugs and says it doesn't matter.

Question 7: What is unique about the mating practice of the macaws?

Jacob wins. Answer they mate for life. Jacob cuts a lifeline and Lang is still in the game.

Question 8: Certain macaws are classified as endangered on the threaten species list. What is the main cause of their dwindling population.

Jacob wins. Answer habitat destruction.

Bee comments that is is very apparent that his (Lang) hand is just destroyed because Jacob kept getting them (the wins). It looked as if Jacob was getting them easily. Lang was having a hard time holding the ring and it affected his game and she is shocked that he (Lang) kept going.

Jacob cuts a lifeline and Lang is still in the game. Both Jacob and Lang have one log left.

Jacobs comments that his (Lang) technique was a power technique, it was just complete brawn, grab it as fast as you can and slam it as fast and as hard as you can.

Shot of Lang and the medic. Lang asks what can he do to get a better grip and the medic says to use the left hand. Lang says that he can't do that. He does want to quit he is worried he might injure (his hand) again or more.

Jacob comments that he thinks (Lang) broke his thumb 2 different times in 2 different tries for the ring. The first time you could see a huge knot on his thumb and the second time closer to the nail.

Lang comments I'm not worried about that I'm worried about the rest of the game. My body feels pretty traumatized. I can't grab the ring. There's no way I can keep playing. I don't want to end up in the Pit again. I'll have a cast on my hand. I'll be a handicap to any teammates if I have a team challenge. I'm not going to be able to use my arm.

Madison asks him if he wants to continue? He replies. Of course I want to continue. But I think I would like to come up and make an announcement about it. Lang walks up to the podium steps up and turns around. Lang says that the medics have looked at it (his hand) and think it is broken in a couple of places. I don't think I can continue to play the game. I don't think I can grab the ring anymore and I don't want to just watch my totem fall because it means something to me. I'm going to step down. Lang looks at Jacob and says it was a good showdown. Jacob says I can accept that. Lang steps down from the podium. Goes over to Jacob and shakes Jacobs hand with his left (hand).

Jacob comments that there was no doubt in his mind that if Lang had beat him today he would have won every time he was sent to the Pit and he would be King of the Jungle.

Shot of Lang walking out of the Lion's Pit and getting his gear and walking off. Lang voice overs that footage and says that he know the pride really did not want him back and everybody should be real happy about that. Then there is a shot of Lang doing a commentary. Langs says that I really didn't let my good qualities shine, I planned on correcting that and winning another challenge. Showing people my good sides (yes he said sides) and I didn't get a chance to do that.

Madison comments that Lang was a strong competitor it was a tough choice.

Jacob comments I went from having 1 standing (log) him (Lang) having 4 to him only having 1 standing. I think he knew he was going to lose and thats when he decided to drop out. That way he won't have to watch himself be eliminated from the game.

Madison asks Bee to get the machete and slice Lang's last lifeline and retrieve his totem. Bee says that she felt butterflies in her stomach knowing she has to (get) his totem, she kept thinking the mongoose (Bee's totem) is taking the cobra (Lang's totem) it seemed like fate.

Jacob's totems are returned to him. Bee says she is glad he is coming back. Jacob says thank you.

There are 7 left.

Jacob comments that he thinks the mood back in the camp will be more relaxed now that Lang's gone. Everyone was rooting for him (Jacob) and wanting him to win. this is a game to see who will be King of the Jungle and when its over its over.

Bee and Jacob walk back to camp.

Next time.

Thank you Animal Planer for making this as confusing as possible. Next week 8/17 there will be an hour behind the scenes. AP has promoted it and its in the TV Guide. However why did they show in the next episode teaser that there will be a 2 hour KOTJ 2 episode. Please confuse your audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata

Question 2: Which variety of macaw is the largest?

Sorry forgot to put this answer in. The Hyacinth Macaw is the largest.

Thanks bearcata; even after libra let us know when the repeats are airing, I was rasslin' with a new dvd recorder that I haven't quite mastered and both my attempts to record failed! ....I think I've got it under control now. Did anyone ever find out what the deal is this week? Maybe an hour behind the scenes and another new show hour? My "TV Week" section from the newspaper shows only one hour, with the caption "making of the reality show". But they are printed two weeks out, and subject to change.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    Thanks bearcata; even after libra let us know when the repeats are airing, I was rasslin' with a new dvd recorder that I haven't quite mastered and both my attempts to record failed! ....I think I've got it under control now. Did anyone ever find out what the deal is this week? Maybe an hour behind the scenes and another new show hour? My "TV Week" section from the newspaper shows only one hour, with the caption "making of the reality show". But they are printed two weeks out, and subject to change.
    queenb this whole tv scheduling thing is a mess. Tonite looks like a behind the scenes thing which AP is saying is new. They sorta did this already with the casting extra. Getting on AP's web site is ridiculous cause according to them they are reshowing the first 5 episodes over again over the next 5 weeks. At the end of last week's episode they showed both the behind the scenes episode and a 2 hour one. Go figure.

If anyone knows please post the info here.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Why do they do stuff like this?? Don't all networks have a statistician who works exclusively on "viewership" and ratings? You'd think the first thing they'd learn is to NOT shuffle episodes..
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

It looks as if we have a new episode maybe a 2 hour one next week.

I watched the behind the scences episode to day and will do a recap first thing tomorrow. It actually was not that bad. Between KOTJ2, Women's Gymnastics and TAR5 I'm pooped and need some sleep. See ya

+ Reply to Thread