+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Search premieres on CBS 01/08 8pm!

I watched it, and I thought that Arsenio was one of the worst things about the show. I like him and all, but he came across to me as if he were trying too hard. I mean, the first thing he did when he came out was the "woof woof" hand motion thing and asked, "Where my dawgs at?". Good Lord, man, your talk show is OVER. Move on.

Naomi Judd, Ben Stein, and Carol Leifer will be the judges every week. The fourth judge will rotate (The next one is scheduled to be Jack Osbourne, Ozzy's son). The only judges I thought were any good were Stein and Leifer.

Like Cali, I think there should have been more categories...dancers and musical groups, for example.

I may watch this again, I don't know. I think it'll depend what's on at the same time on other channels.

Thanks for the quotes, Cali!

It's on again tonight, so you'd better decide quickly

LG.
    I watched it. I'm not sure why. Damn this addictive site, I'm watching all of these shows now.

Anyway, I think they need to limit the number of categories because they need to space things out so that the tv audience can vote on the internet, and they did make a difference. The internet viewers chose the Minnesota girl over the rapper boy (from Ohio?) in the youth singers competition even though the judges gave more points to the rapper.

I did not like Carol Liefer. At all. I wish she wasn't there. Chaka Khan could stay, but she was in the rotating judges seat. Ben Stein was the best.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

LG.
    another programming note - we do not need spokesmodels

replace that slot with musical groups or dancers or something even remotely interesting.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

JR.
    I didn't like it that much, the fan voting part ruins it for me. And the only performer that I thought was any good was the little opera girl.

LG.
    JR, your avatar with the tongue sticking out guy is CREEPING ME OUT when you are talking about a 13 year old girl. ICK! Bad Avatar. :nono

I thought she was a good singer too. She was on the local news here (she's from the twin cities) and her classmates were cheering her on. It was very sweet.

JR.
    Oops, maybe I should've said "that had any talent", as I certainly didn't mean it that way.

i watched it and didn't enjoy it. i won't be watching again.

This is gonna be a filler show for me...last night I wasn't home so I missed it, but tonight I'm waiting for Surreal Life so it was nothing more than filler. It's sorta just there for me...if there's nothing else on I'll tune in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12