+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High School Reunion

High School Reunion

Another one from WB and it begins Sunday 1-5 at 9pm est. I'd heard the radio commercial today and came home and looked it up.

http://www.thewb.com/Shows/HSReunion...,84235,00.html

Oak Park River Forest Class of 1992

The popular girl. The jock. The nerd. The class clown. The bully. The misfit. When 17 former classmates from the Oak Park/River Forest, Illinois Class of 1992 are reunited for a two-week stay on the exotic island of Maui, each not knowing who else was invited, it quickly becomes apparent that everyone still has something to prove.

(more of atricle and pics on link)

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    oh man, reminds me of my 10 year reunion, now there is a bad memory. but the one I just went to in Aug. was better, no one brought up the 10 yr.

I missed our 10 year but a friend of mine who went said it was a little rough and that when she went to the 20 year it was so much better, people were finally "over" what happened in high school, (I missed that one too...darnit)

This might be fun, it might be just annoying too.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

We've only had the 10-year, and I missed it but some friends went, and it wasn't too bad I guess. I personally have no interest in seeing people I didn't get to know very well 10-odd years ago.

Oh my, I flipped though this a few times last night. It was compelling yet stupid. Some of these people apparently didn't change at all. One very pretty girl was set on marrying the guy who didn't notice her in high school who was the "player". They had some sort of pass for a date, she asks him, they have a wonderful time and she blurts out how interested she is, his response was "yeah, I'm interested, but I have to keep my options open." At this point I'm wondering what she thought was going to happen. :rolleyes
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Yeah, the old "I haven't seen you for 10 years, but I've got a shrine to you in my house" bit. Seen it a million times

Anyone else watch this? Is it worth watching again next week?

Originally posted by John
    Anyone else watch this? Is it worth watching again next week?
    I saw it out of curiosity. Is it me but did it painfully drag in the first half hour. I just thought it was a real world premise and then they have hall pass dates??? I can't imagine wanting to date someone whom you haven't seen 10 years ago. The characters didn't grab me and I lost interest after that lamo date with the player and his obsessed fan.

I can't imagine giving this another try next week. I was trying to keep my eyes open!
    You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty.

JR.
    I didn't see it, but a few friends of mine did and said that it seemed scripted.

I think I'll pass.

Like I said, it was stupid but I kept turning back to the show. I really never figured out who was who...other then the tall shy girl who was head over heels for the "date and dump them" type of guy. I might watch again, I might not.

I will probably watch up to the show where the bully gets his butt kicked.
    A rose soft, pliant and fragile when touched will quiver excitedly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast