+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: High School Reunion

2ndToeLongist
    I haven't watched this show, don't think I want to either.

I went to a small high school, 39 people in the senior class. Went to the 10 year reunion in 1994...only eight people showed up, of course we were all folks who didn't like each other in school and certainly had nothing in common ten years later.

We did, however, collectively agree the reunion was a bust, it would never be discussed or held again.

And you know what? Just like the majorette who got fat, the cheerleader who's been married three times, the homecoming queen whose sole skill was marrying well, the nerd who now rules the technology world, and the girl who had four children by the time we graduated and is now a grandmama; my life went on just fine without continued interaction with classmates.

I must admit though, it was nice to see the majorette chub up, especially since many of her disparaging fat jokes were aimed at me and now I'm that many pounds lighter than she is.

And with that, I suppose the reunion wasn't totally in vain but any future association is not necessary.

Well, I wasted an hour of my life last night to watch this again. (actually I was typing up assessments on my laptap and needed some kind of back ground noise)

talk about people with some issues. The cool girls are planning a party with just the guys....guys who are wearing only towels whose price of admission is to pay them complements. . Anyway the "tall girl" gets very upset about this. (title should be changed to "tall whiney girl") and has issues. as do the other women who were left out of the plan.

that sums it up for that story line.

the only story line I liked is the nerd who is now a millionare good looking guy hooks up with the homecoming queen they seem kind of sweet.

Now the gossip gets alot of air time and frankly she makes me and .

the playa and the flirt go out and have a good time, which drives the poplur girl nuts because she wants this slimey guy for herself

there are other events but I give this show a big
    because it makes me want to and go at the same time.

These people should have gone to therapy rather then to their 10 year high school renioun
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Nancy,
    Your post about the show was much more entertaining than the actual show. Great use of smilies!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I've been kind of following it, and "the tall girl" is starting to annoy me with all her envy of " the popular girl" Natasha. Man, get over it, that "the player" guy is no good even painted in gold. Man, is he getting a boost on his self esteem doing this show. Off the air, I imagine him lounging on a basement couch eating chips an drinking beer all day, he jsut looks like one of those alcoholic peterpans, and he still thinks he's attractice, please.

Originally posted by Feifer
    Nancy,
    Your post about the show was much more entertaining than the actual show. Great use of smilies!
    Thank you Thank you....I'm no where near Bill or Paulie's standards but then look at the material I'm working with here.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Did anyone see this Sunday's episode (Feb. 9)? Forgot to set the recorder...
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Spegs, I'm embarrassed to say I saw it! Here's a brief recap:

The guests were given the opportunity to go on a 24 hour "hall pass". Basically an overnight deal in case they wanted to have sex is what I was thinking. The key is that both people have to go together to this gazebo thing and write their names down on a piece of paper.

+ Really quite unattractive and no personality "popular" girl and the player Dan team up and take advantage of this. The entire house recognizes they just want to have sex.

+ Bully Dave asks Holly and she says yes. Off camera she is quite smitten with him and says he's so sweet. He is completely taken in by her (whether it's the playboy shots or he really likes her I don't know).

+ Homecoming queen Maya waits around for shy millionaire Ben to ask her. He is hesitant because he doesn't want to be turned down. Meantime Dan the jock guy asks her if she wants to go just as friends and Maya says yes. Probably less than 10 minutes later Ben asks Maya and she tells him about Dan. Maya talks to Dan and asks if it would be okay with him for her to go with Ben to "explore" this relationship.

The rest of the gang goes on a biking trip and mocks the fact that they are not on 24 excursions.

We flash back and forth between all 3 couples on their dates. Unappealing popular girl and Dan can practically contain themselves and they ask the camera crew to leave the hotel room. Backdrop of her saying how she doesn't want to hurt her boyfriend at home. Um.... having sex on national TV with someone else. I'm sure he'll be fine with that.

Dave and Holly seem to be very comfortable with each other and are having a good time. We don't know if they sleep in the same bed (there is only one in the room but Holly said they would discuss how to deal with that situation later)

Maya and Ben are having a good time. Ben kisses her and she is taken by surprise. I can't exactly tell if she is happy about it or not....

We learn that next week is the finale and there will be a prom. 8 girls and 9 guys means at least one guy is going stag.

Also, they say someone gets engaged. :rolleyes

And that's about it.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Thanks so much BF! You're the best!

"Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123