+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Best Reality Show

What reality show first got you?

hi all.
    I was reading a thread about how we found the FORT and I'd forgotten Survivor was my first reality show love affair.

Then,
    I remembered that there were more. I watched every episode of the Osbournes then I remembered that was not my first "love" either.

Wayyyyy back I got hooked on The Real Word N.Y

I won't even watch it now. My daughter and niece have to watch it in their room away from me because it's just gross to me now.

Anyway, I guess I'd have to say MTV Real World was my first addiction so far as Reality T.V goes.

What was your first ?
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

Survivor. Was a fan from the first episode.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Amazingly enough, I really didn't hook into reality TV until TAR 3. I did watch Survivor from the original up to S4, but I wasn't as much into the strategy and such of it. All I did was take what MB fed me.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I guess technically it would be Eco Challenge since I watched that for several years. It's such an under the radar show though, and it doesn't have the entertainment value like Survivor brought.

So imo Survivor the original can never be replicated as that started the craze.

The first reality show that ever got me to look/interact on the Internet was Combat Missions, however.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I watched some of the Real World way back when. It was the one with that guy "Puck" (jerk) on it. Since then I've tried not to watch. I got hooked on The Batchelorette by accident and now I'm hooked. I'm having alot of fun with it and am rooting for Jen to win on The Batchelor 3.

i watched suvivor 1 but wasn't hooked on it...
    i really got hooked into reality tv until TAR 3 too!
    for those before that...it was just sheer entertainment in my life~
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

I started on Temptation Island 2 but was laughing at the players too much to get hooked. What finally got me hooked was Combat Missions, and a great bunch of people that I met online while following the show.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

FORT Fogey

How I got hooked

Originally posted by John
    Survivor. Was a fan from the first episode.
    Would you believe that I bypassed the first episode of Survivor deliberately because this show sounded awful to me. By the time the second episode was on, I thought I'd give it a quick shot and was totally fascinated by this new concept in TV shows.

After that my addiction only grew when I saw great shows like The Amazing Race (never missed an episode from 1-3) and The Mole. Those three are actually my favorites. I find them adventurous and exciting. It was only a minor leap from there to Big Brother, Temptation Island, Love Boat, Boot Camp and everything that has followed.

However, my all-time favorite is and always will be The Amazing Race -- it has special significance for me.

Amazing Race for me
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I believe Temptation Island 1 was my first ...

When survivor etc first started up, we lived with my mother in law. Needless to say we were out of the house as much as possible, & didn't want to commit to an tv series ...

(I'm making up for it now tho by watching every piece of reality garbage hah .... lol.)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast