+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Best Reality Show

The first show that got me hooked was The Real World Los Angeles(the 2nd season of Real World) I loved the concept of seven different people living together in a mansion and having it all taped. It seemed so fresh and...real! But I agree with Stevie, I can't handle it anymore. I hate so many of the cast members now and I guess because of Survivor, I am used to people that annoy me being voted out and noone ever gets voted out on The Real World. (except Puck,but that was necessary)And it is NOT real anymore. I stopped watching when they got to Hawaii and Kaia and Amaya were sitting in the kitchen having breakfast and Kaia had on sunglasses and a feather boa...(which incidentally is what I always wear to breakfast )

Then,Survivor Borneo came and I realized I was a junkie because when it went off, I had nothing to watch but Big Brother 1. I watched all of it and that was the worst Big Brother.EVER.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

~FO SCHIZZLE ALL THE WAY~ SwiffyPortillo's Avatar
    Survivor 1. In fact I used to get so into it. And I'm still watching... almost four years later. I can't wait till the DVD's come out.
    "Greg talks into a coconut and thinks it's a phone,"- Colleen Haskell, 'SURVIVOR: BORNEO'.

Survivor....yup...from then on...hooked on to Reality TV shows...well really before Survivor there weren't that many other Reality TV shows, I think Survivor started the whole trend.

how is the real world "not real" though? lol.. I mean, sure we don't usually get 7 random people living together, but I think its the core of the reality TV genre, just letting human nature take over all else..
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Jahim
    how is the real world "not real" though? lol.. I mean, sure we don't usually get 7 random people living together, but I think its the core of the reality TV genre, just letting human nature take over all else..

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorkles
    I stopped watching when they got to Hawaii and Kaia and Amaya were sitting in the kitchen having breakfast and Kaia had on sunglasses and a feather boa...(which incidentally is what I always wear to breakfast )
    Stuff like that makes it seem surreal,not real to me.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorkles
    I stopped watching when they got to Hawaii and Kaia and Amaya were sitting in the kitchen having breakfast and Kaia had on sunglasses and a feather boa...(which incidentally is what I always wear to breakfast )
    Kaia w/ a feather boa eh? I was too distracted by her trivialness when she talks...

Like many other people, mine was Survivor 1. Although I remember before it started I thought it sounded like a stupid concept - figured I'd watch the first episode and then bail. And now, almost 4 years later, I'm hopelessly devoted.......
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I was totally into the first season of The Real World--I had just graduated from college and was staying at my parents while looking for a job. Both Dad and I were into it!

Later on, it was Survivor and TAR. TAR is my absolute favorite. I enjoyed Apprentice, but I like TAR best because you get to have a best buddy with you on the show. If I were a reality show contestant, it would be a lot more fun to endure it with a good friend or close relative. The isolation that most of these shows demand makes people more of a stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Survivor. Was a fan from the first episode.
    Same here.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Survivor Two.

I was a Lost Reality Cause from Episode One of that show!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread