+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reality TV channel slated for Fox's News Corp

Reality TV channel slated for Fox's News Corp

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...7/s1153153.htm

Last Update: Tuesday, July 13, 2004. 5:27pm (AEST)

Reality TV channel slated for News Corp

Fox's News Corporation parent is preparing to announce plans for a new cable-satellite channel devoted to reality programming, sources said.

Scheduled to debut in the first quarter of 2005, the network will be known as the Fox Reality Channel and is expected to combine original programming from Fox's various production entities with the network's vast library of unscripted fare.

Rumours that News Corporation was preparing to add a reality outlet to its growing portfolio of digital cable-satellite channels have swirled for months, especially now that the company has a strong launching pad for new networks in satellite provider DirecTV.

-- Hollywood Reporter/VNU

Well if ABC can have a Soap Channel, then I guess it's time for a Reality TV Channel. I hope that they will buy the rights to other networks reality tv shows.

Chris

I wonder what this does to Reality Central, the channel that Blake is trying to kick off?

Well the official launch date is May 24, 2005

Expect to see repeats of the Joe Millionaires, P-Ho, Temptation Island, and maybe unfinished stuff like Forever Eden and Playing it straight...Plus it looks like they buying rights to crap from other networks

News Corps. will give cable operators meeting in San Francisco a preview of its new 24-hour reality-based cable channel, Daily Variety said Monday.

The paper said the media giant would take the wraps off the overall strategy, look and programming plans for Fox Reality during the National Cable & Telecommunications Association's 2005 conference at the Moscone Center.

Fox Reality General Manager David Lyle was expected to announce the channel has secured rights to some 30 series for a May 24 launch. The new channel will air Fox series including The Swan, Joe Millionaire and Temptation Island -- as well as shows that aired on other networks, such as Last Comic Standing and For Love or Money, which aired originally on NBC.

Variety said Fox Reality is in talks with Warner Bros.-owned Telepictures to acquire rights to the ABC show The Bachelor.
    http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/stor...6E5E50A376E%7D

http://feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/?sid=a9ff42b52626ff75

Sounds Great to me!! I have been wanting a Reality Tv channel for years now. There are too many for me to keep up and this would be perfect.

I enjoyed watching reruns on the Gameshow Network.

How would you get this channel? Would you have to call your provider?

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    How would you get this channel? Would you have to call your provider?
    It will launch on Directv

FORT Newbie
    Hello everyone this is MOJO of Joe Millionaires mom Shawneka its true get ready to watch some great re-runs of Joe Millionaire and other fine reality shows. Mojo is living in LA now and did interviews for the upcoming reruns of Joe Millionaire . Be sure to watch!! Visit mojos website at www.mojomodel.com and drop her a good luck message at www.mojofans@yahoo.com

launches this Tues. May 24th so you junkies can get your fix

for Directv subscribers it will be on channel 250

to see if your local cable provider will have it CLICK HERE just plug in zip code and cable co.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I just found the channel today - and apparently according to Dogg, it just started yesterday, so I guess I didn't miss much!

So far, the channel guide says "Fox Reality Channel" but it's not separated out by shows that they are showing. Interesting!

you haven't missed anything...

so far all there is is evan merriot, cops, extremedating/blind date/genre, lots of ads for FSN's, some other crap and lots of paid programming

i think i seen a clip yesterday evening of the littlest goom, so maybe that will be on next week

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast