+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: House Hunters... any fans?

House Hunters... any fans?

Is there anyone else out there that catches this show?

I love the process of looking for a new home and seeing the possibilities for redecorating. So even though I've just moved 6 months ago... I still can't get enough.

Tonite's 10pm show has this arrogant guy named Dirk that's a cross between Joel from Survivor Borneo and Scott *pencil* Long from BB5. Just a cocky cocky guy. Kind of happy to see he picked the house with the bright and obnoxious pink and green bathroom. ack!

I really enjoy the show.
    I watch it on a Canadian station, so I don't think we're in sync with what you see in the US.
    The last one I saw was last night.
    A lady and her two daughters settled on a really lovely town house.
    The estate agent had shown them some other properties but nothing really suited their needs.
    The town house was beautiful.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I only watch the show once a while but I like the show so far.
    Last edited by Elle; 07-08-2004 at 11:51 PM.

FORT Regular
    I love this show! I've been watching it for about a year now and love it I like it because they show a wide price range of homes. One show could be shopping for a super expensive home and the next they are just looking for a fixer upper or something.
    Currently Watching: Big Brother 6, Real World: Austin, Laguna Beach 2

I love this show! There's also a show on the Discovery Channel that is on daily. It's called Double Agents.

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/do...bleagents.html

I am on the bandwagon for this show. Though I don't know a time when it is on, whenever I am able to catch it, I watch it.

There was one episode, not sure if it was this show or another similar show, but a woman was looking in Chicago for an apartment outside of the city. They showed her some amazing apartments that had ceiling to floor windows and had a panaramic view of the city. It was breathtaking!

FORT Newbie
    i have some inside info y'all might find interesting...
    my husband and i contacted the show about being on it (because we were househunting, of course, and live in L.A.), and we were interviewed and told they liked us, BUT...
    the way the show works, you contact them AFTER you've found (and are in escrow) your house! then, they go back and "simulate" your househunt. so everything you're seeing is staged! and that's why you'll always see them look at two houses that they find fault with, and then love the last one - it's already theirs!
    talk about your fake reality shows!

I love this show and have watched it faithfully the past several years. I think part of the reaon I like it so much is because the experience they show is nothing like reality where I live...not even the episode they showed from here when they did the coast to coast version. I also wish they would give a better idea of the price range people are looking into. I am always fascinated by the cost of homes elsewhere.

I don't know about elsewhere, but everytime we put a bid on a house, we would have to fill out nearly 60 minutes worth of paperwork and fork over a good faith check of 3-5% of the offer...and that was just to place a bid along with 8-12 other potential buyers per home. The show has the couples signing one piece of paper sitting on a wall or something.

Maybe this is a result of the staging that lambiepie talks about but it bothers me when people say they couldn't live somewhere because there is only 1 sink in the bathroom or they don't like the floor in a room making it too much of a fixer upper. For crying out loud, haven't you watched "Weekend Warriors".

Finally, I love it when she says, the couple loved the home so much they didn't want to risk losing it so they put in nearly a full price offer. Where I live, your bid would be thrown to the bottom of the huge pile if you only made a full price offer. We put in bids on 5 different homes anywhere from $15,000 to $100,000 over asking price and still lost out on the first 4 because other people bid higher. Talk about frightening. And these bids were just on 2 & 3 bedroom homes in the 1000 square foot range. I watch this show with my husband and always laugh because people are buying awesome homes so easily. They are so lucky. I'm not really complaining, because it is our choice to live here and our home value has jumped nearly 25% in little more than a year. Maybe when we move out of the area in a few years, our experience will be more like it is on the show....I can only hope.

lambiepie... that is an interesting fact. I always wondered exactly how they moved in so quickly and had it redecorated and an addition built on, etc.

I also wish they would give a better idea of the price range people are looking into. I am always fascinated by the cost of homes elsewhere.
    There was a show on Monday or Tuesday night that covered exactly that. The host was showing you what $400000 could buy in LA, Atlanta, and several other cities across the country. Definitely a wide gap. I'll see if I can try to figure out the title.

Applesauce... it sounds like you live in an area like NY or the LA/San Fran area. I know when I sold my place in NY it sold in 4 hours for $10000 over the asking price (it was a lower range condo and I had to move quickly... had two weeks to move back to Michigan.)

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Applesauce... it sounds like you live in an area like NY or the LA/San Fran area. I know when I sold my place in NY it sold in 4 hours for $10000 over the asking price (it was a lower range condo and I had to move quickly... had two weeks to move back to Michigan.)
    Yes, We are in the Bay Area and things move fast! I would love to know the title of that show...if you find it send me a P.M.

Thanks!

In regards to House Hunters, I wonder if they always staged it like that. In the past, they sometimes showed people looking at lots and lots of homes. Now it is only 3 per episode. Hmmm....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast