+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: House Hunters... any fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_
    I just got into this show this year but so far I love it! Even though it's still a long time to go till I have to house hunt myself, I like watching this show and getting tips

The most important thing i learned is that you have 3 days to cancel your mortage contract. (I don't know if I am refering to the process correctly.)

When I went to refinance my house I went through Ditech.com, I'm sure you have seen the commercials. A mortgage lender from California contacted me and gave me a good quote. The trouble is the interest rate and the closing costs changed everytime I spoke to him and saw any kind of papers.(The closing costs went from originally $3,000 to over $9,000 by closing) I felt uncomfortable about it but the entire process is so complicated it is hard to figure it out. Regardless, when I went to closing the lady who was processing my paper work listened to my story and basically said to me if yu don't feel good about it cancel it and I did. I received a call from the company and amazingly the original guy I talked to said they had found 6,000 worth of errors and they would be happy to fix the paper work. Yeah, right. l

Long story short do your homework. Those closing costs can kill you. I went to my credit union and for a flat $2,500 in closing costs got my house refinanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Anyone catch the Toronto episode last night??? The prices were actually quite reasonally for a condo, I thought. Although, I would be nervous having a ground floor apartment like the girl had, as far as breakins etc... The wood floors looked great and so did the bathrooms.
    Actually Toronto is a very safe city as is most of Canada. A report I watched said that most of the people there don't lock their doors! The reporter didn't believe it so he went around seeing if it was true. And most of the doors he tried weren't locked and if people were inside - they just said hello to him and asked if they could help him!!!! So she would have been fine on the ground floor!

Quote Originally Posted by Iamsohooked
    Actually Toronto is a very safe city as is most of Canada. A report I watched said that most of the people there don't lock their doors! The reporter didn't believe it so he went around seeing if it was true. And most of the doors he tried weren't locked and if people were inside - they just said hello to him and asked if they could help him!!!! So she would have been fine on the ground floor!
    Wow, I am amazed, here in the Washington Metro area we have home invasions and we homeowners are told to make sure our doors are locked even in broad daylight.

House Hunters is a great show. I catch it whenever I can, as I like to see the people walk through the different homes and decide. Usually however I never pick the home they do, because of course I don't know their needs, even though they tell us, I pick something else.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

This show is one of my favorites. I love to see how they have decorated/changed the house once they have moved in.

I often find myself wondering how some of these people can afford such huge houses - and why some of the single people need so much space.

Quote Originally Posted by itravel94
    I often find myself wondering how some of these people can afford such huge houses - and why some of the single people need so much space.
    I wondered that last night with the single woman that bought what appeared to be a 2500-3000 sq ft house, easily, with a HUGE backyard. And she complained about the fact that her current house with the decent sized backyard with a pool and nice patio area somehow didn't have enough space for a lounge chair?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by itravel94
    This show is one of my favorites. I love to see how they have decorated/changed the house once they have moved in.

ITA!! I always wait for the end to see how the new owner has changed the home...I totally love decorating shows, etc. I wish that House Hunters would reveal the asking price of the homes, though. Just to get an idea what homes go for in different parts of the country or world. There is a British show called Hot Property where the contestants must guess the asking price within 1000 pounds in order to win the home...it is always fascinating to me to see the price of homes in Britain and Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70
    ITA!! I always wait for the end to see how the new owner has changed the home...I totally love decorating shows, etc. I wish that House Hunters would reveal the asking price of the homes, though. Just to get an idea what homes go for in different parts of the country or world. There is a British show called Hot Property where the contestants must guess the asking price within 1000 pounds in order to win the home...it is always fascinating to me to see the price of homes in Britain and Europe.

I record HH every night! Now while they don't show the prices- Designed to sell does and it AMAZES me how much property is in California and New York
    "He is like an Iraqi peach and I want to devour him...take the pit, plant it in the backyard, and HOPE to grow some more."- Marcellus on Kaysar

I'm addicted to this show! So glad I'm not alone.
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    At least on the international show they were giving prices and you could compare unlike the shows they have here in this country.
    Bearcata.... cool news!

I was watching the House Hunters episode at 10pm last night and what do I hear? PRICES!

The couple was searching in Savannah and I remember two of their options were $655,000 and $725,000.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678