+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: House Hunters... any fans?

I'm looking forward to two episodes of House Hunters back to back tonight! I love this show!

My hubby and I kinda-sorta committed a breaking and entering of an old abandoned ranch home out in some vineyards near where we live last weekend. It was falling down, moldy, filled with cobwebs (the big, thick, super-scary kind!), bathrooms with toilets so black you wouldn't believe, but since we've been watching all these great home improvement shows, House Hunters, Designed to Sell, Sell This House, and the like, I could see such potential in that broken-down ole thing. We're trying to track the owners down via county records because we'd love to make an offer and gut the thing. Every window has a view that is picture perfect, with rolling hills covered with vineyards, cows, horses ... *sigh* ... just heaven. And a rare find here in the Bay Area. I'm dying to know what the story is; why is that potential-dream-home sitting there rotting away? Wish me luck!

I swear we'd call This Old House for help, too! That'd be a fun show.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpshaker
    I'm looking forward to two episodes of House Hunters back to back tonight! I love this show!

My hubby and I kinda-sorta committed a breaking and entering of an old abandoned ranch home out in some vineyards near where we live last weekend. It was falling down, moldy, filled with cobwebs (the big, thick, super-scary kind!), bathrooms with toilets so black you wouldn't believe, but since we've been watching all these great home improvement shows, House Hunters, Designed to Sell, Sell This House, and the like, I could see such potential in that broken-down ole thing. We're trying to track the owners down via county records because we'd love to make an offer and gut the thing. Every window has a view that is picture perfect, with rolling hills covered with vineyards, cows, horses ... *sigh* ... just heaven. And a rare find here in the Bay Area. I'm dying to know what the story is; why is that potential-dream-home sitting there rotting away? Wish me luck!

Sounds like a gem Rumpshaker. Truly hard to find in the Bay Area. Keep us posted on what you find!

FORT Fan
    I just wish they'd give us the price range. When they show some fabulous condo with a view of the ocean, I want to know if I could ever afford something like that. And I also want to know what these people do for a living that they have that kind of money.

Overall its good, but it bugs me when they stand just inside the door and remark how the room looks. I know this is for camera shots and angles but when I look over a house, I walk into the room and look at it from all the corners, stand in the middle to get a feel for it.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I also wish that we would have an idea of the price range even if the purchase price is never divulged. Perhaps they are protecting the buyers personal finances?

Still love this show and wish it could be us doing this sort of show.

at disneyland riding all the rides...weeeeeeeee
    my mom and i watch house hunters every single night. i don't know why. its just really addicting

Quote Originally Posted by Art_930
    I just wish they'd give us the price range. When they show some fabulous condo with a view of the ocean, I want to know if I could ever afford something like that. And I also want to know what these people do for a living that they have that kind of money.
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpshaker

Horses?? Did someone say horses?? Rumpie do you like horses too???

FORT Newbie
    I love this show. It was interesting to read just how staged it is. Perhaps that is the explanation for something that has baffled me. A HUGE percentage of the houses these people look at are empty at the time of the showing. Often as they are touring an empty home, the realtor will make a comment about how it just came on the market. I've always wondered where did the sellers go, how do they ALL afford to move on to the next house before the first is sold?

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Love the show! I just have a hard time finding when it is on and at what time. Can anyone clue me in on what days and times it's on?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast