+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: House Hunters... any fans?

FORT Newbie
    I too enjoy the process of looking for/buying a house. I try to catch the show as often as I can! I don't know why it intrigues me so much, but it does!!

Megan

Me Too, Me Too

Quote Originally Posted by ladybugbaby
    love it and watch it every night during the week and three times on thursday. i am obsessed with the home buying process. i also visit a couple of home buying forums as well. i like double agents, sell this house and designed to sell too. i think i secretly want to be a real estate agent.
    ladybugbaby
    I LOVE all the home buying shows too! Double Agents is a good one for those who don't want everything staged. Sometimes the people change their minds about moving or they don't find anything they like, so no fairy tale endings like House Hunters. I don't care if the show is staged, I just like to see inside the houses!!
    Sell This House is one of my fave shows, I am amazed at what the people pick on. They comment on the furniture and the decor - don't they realize that the furniture won't stay and they can choose their own decor??? When we bought our house (a year ago), I didn't look at the wallpaper or the decor (even though it is my taste) I looked at the structure, flow of rooms, any upgrades made, quality of flooring and hardware, etc...... I can paint, paper and decorate myself! Jeezzz!!
    I think I was a realtor in another life, showing homes just fasinates me!!!!! Glad to see there are others out there like me!

Rumpshaker!!!! I knew we had more shows in common! LOL

Ishie! Shoulda known I'd find you in here, Girl! I think we must be sisters separated at birth, huh?

Yes! Yes! Yes! Sell This House is another awesome one! LOVE to watch the "secret video" of the browsers making their snippy comments, then watch them come through again when everything's re-staged and improvements have been made. Love it! Designed to Sell is almost identical to Sell This House. I like that one, too.

I never really know when House Hunters is on. I try to search for it whenever I can, then watch. And off topic, but what's the deal with Nice Package? That show's never on when the cable schedule says it is. Hmpf!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

FORT Newbie
    I can't stand this show, it's just so fake.

Quote Originally Posted by stankocat
    I can't stand this show, it's just so fake.
    Don't watch then.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamsohooked
    Sell This House is one of my fave shows, I am amazed at what the people pick on. They comment on the furniture and the decor - don't they realize that the furniture won't stay and they can choose their own decor??? When we bought our house (a year ago), I didn't look at the wallpaper or the decor (even though it is my taste) I looked at the structure, flow of rooms, any upgrades made, quality of flooring and hardware, etc...... I can paint, paper and decorate myself! Jeezzz!!
    Unfortunately, so many people today have absolutely no imagination. A home has to be staged, people only buy the outfits the way they see them on mannequins, etc. I really worry, so much time and attention is paid to stimulating children's imaginations and still this is what we end up with. I enjoy these shows, but often wonder why the people put up such a fight about the changes when they are moving anyways.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

I love Suzanne Wong! (Wang?)

Househunters is like one of my favorite shows! Its only a half hour; they don't drag it out like Trading Spaces or Clean Sweep or some of those other shows. I love seeing how ridiculously high real estate is on the west coast, although I really like the shows taking place in more unusual locales, like the south or even Alaska.

For ONCE though, I want to see someone's offer flatly denied!! They don't have to be successful every time. Also, I would like more specifics about what the house prices actually are.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    "I love Suzanne Wong! (Wang?)"

Suzanne Whang!
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    Unfortunately, so many people today have absolutely no imagination. A home has to be staged, people only buy the outfits the way they see them on mannequins, etc. I really worry, so much time and attention is paid to stimulating children's imaginations and still this is what we end up with. I enjoy these shows, but often wonder why the people put up such a fight about the changes when they are moving anyways.
    Great observation! I often wonder if any of the people are so pleased with the changes that they decide to stay and not sell after all.

Quote Originally Posted by esmattynd

For ONCE though, I want to see someone's offer flatly denied!! They don't have to be successful every time. Also, I would like more specifics about what the house prices actually are.
    I've seen a show where this older lady decided not to buy a condo after all and kept living in her place. I remember because I couldn't believe how crabby she was. I know, I'd like to see a refusal once in a while. I don't watch this show religiously, but I like it, and I'll watch if it's on.
    Ludicrous speed!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast