+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: House Hunters... any fans?

I watch house hunters even though we already found our place, but I guess because of my house hunting experience being relatively recent it is still fascinating to watch other people finding their perfect place.

And since I always advertise BBCAmerica... They also have a similar show, except that it seems more realistic because people do not always find a house by the end of the show. It is called "Location, Location, Location" if you want to check it out.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lambiepie
    i have some inside info y'all might find interesting...
    my husband and i contacted the show about being on it (because we were househunting, of course, and live in L.A.), and we were interviewed and told they liked us, BUT...
    the way the show works, you contact them AFTER you've found (and are in escrow) your house! then, they go back and "simulate" your househunt. so everything you're seeing is staged! and that's why you'll always see them look at two houses that they find fault with, and then love the last one - it's already theirs!
    talk about your fake reality shows!
    I thought that it was staged. That was what really kinda hooked me on watching it, the fake house tours. So many times, they buyer doesn't even seem interested viewing the house that they actually have bought.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    I watch house hunters even though we already found our place, but I guess because of my house hunting experience being relatively recent it is still fascinating to watch other people finding their perfect place.

And since I always advertise BBCAmerica... They also have a similar show, except that it seems more realistic because people do not always find a house by the end of the show. It is called "Location, Location, Location" if you want to check it out.
    Love Location, Location, Location! I like that they actually talk about property prices (though in pounds) and go into the making a offer process. Plus Phil Spencer is just adorable.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

love it and watch it every night during the week and three times on thursday. i am obsessed with the home buying process. i also visit a couple of home buying forums as well. i like double agents, sell this house and designed to sell too. i think i secretly want to be a real estate agent.
    ladybugbaby

on vacation
    I love this show too and like ladybugbaby, I always watch on HGTV on Thursdays when there are a bunch of shows in succession. I think one of the reasons I like it is because you get to see what's offered comparable to different price ranges as well as what people's tastes are.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

I love House Hunters but I never know when it's on anymore. It used to be on at 4 pm in Phoenix when I was going to college so about when I got home from classes it'd be on.

I love house hunters too! I enjoy the process of looking at real estate and imaging the decorating of the rooms. I wish they would house hunt in other neighborhoods...other states. I'd also like to see how the prices are so different depending on where it is located across the states.
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

I'm happy to see I'm not alone in my love of House Hunters! Yay guys! I love taking a peak at open houses, getting decorating ideas, and seeing what other people think of the house layout and design, etc. My hubby and I love to pop by open homes on the weekends, and a couple times a week he comes home with an info flyer from a home for sale. HGTV is a great channel!

Even though it's pretty obvious the call to the buyer, telling them they've got the house, is staged, I still get a little teary-eyed. Hee!

I, too, would like to know more about the location and prices of the homes. I find it very interesting.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I'm still laughing about today's episode (Sun.) of House Hunters. Anyone catch it? Forrest's Grandma Rose helped him find a condo. Eeesh! She was so coddling, it was squickie! "Oh, Forrest! Look at the kitchen! I can make you breakfast on Sunday mornings". Eeek! He musta been thinking ... "No thanks, Gramma! I'm 28 years old. I don't think my girlfriend would like that". Gramma was sweet (she was the real estate agent, too) but she, along with Forrest's mom, were a bit overbearing.

He lived at home with his parents while he renovated the condo for six months. His girlfriend was a designer, so she helped him with design concepts. It was really beautiful! I absolutely loved the kitchen! Someday I want an all-stainless-steel kitchen. Someday ... someday ... someday ...
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

hehe, oh my yes! I giggled through this one as the poor grandson was offered wonderful illusions of Sunday morning pancakes by Grandma in his new kitchen.

Now don't get me wrong... I love family. I have grown kiddies myself but wouldn't ever think of providing them a "dream house" complete with me in it! I adore my family, my grandparents and think family is very very very important....

This was just a little weird.
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast