+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mississippi Golden Pond - Laurie's room

Laurie's design was safe, but that's Laurie really.
    She's a professional designer and probably feels that her reputation is at stake with every room she does on the show.
    I think she does at least consistently deliver "complete" designs.
    I don't always like her work, but I do feel it's of a high standard and not thrown together like some of the others.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I thought the before was almost equal to the after. Throw a few plants in with some candles to the before and it was ok. The mirror in the after was too big over the fireplace. After needed a stronger beadspread. That was not a designer room.

Sleeping with George W

!

J.R.!!!

I think the camel paint had a rather yellowy base to it, if that makes you feel any better.

Kind of a boring room ... but I'll take boring any day over the crap that was going on in the other HOs' bathroom. (no pun intended).

I'd have liked to seen a little more of the "glamour" Laurie referred to in the opening ... a little more luxe. The mirror panels ... blech. And please tell me how a silk headboard isn't going to get grease stains on it from fingerprints and hair?

whoops ... New Years Resolution ... be more positive ... um ... well ... the little Giblet baby was adoreable!

The headboard did have that wooden frame to it so that might be thick enough to prove a decent barrier against greasy stains.

The camel paint was yellowy, rather nice although I wouldn't choose it for my house.
    I preferred the bed on the wall the HO's had it on, but Laurie does need to make change in the room so re-orienting is always an easy way to do that.
    I didn't like the mirror tiles.
    You can get a huge mirror for $45 from Walmart up here, that would be even cheaper in the states, so I think she could have bought one instead of making one.

I didn't like the before though.
    The colour was light and life sapping to me, but as they say, different strokes.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I thought the after room was just as nice as the before but I agree with fluff, the paint was way too dark for that big of a space.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    The after may have seemed boring, but it looks like a room you could actually live with.I wouldn't freak out at this reveal, but I wouldn't go as far to say that if Laurie gets your room you are 'safe'.

Exactly Eny.
    I think her latest giant headboard, yellow and purple room proved that beyond doubt.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Yeah but that was tolerable...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12