+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. 90210

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo!!
    I'd never go to Dr. Rey for plastic surgery....first because he's not a board certified plastic surgeon and secondly, all of the before and after pictures on his website scare me. Look at the breast pictures, the after pics are strange.....the breasts are so high on the chest, they could be used as chin rests and all of the nipples are pointing to the sky. I'd be afraid to lie down, those things would roll up into my neck and strangle me!
    After breast augmentation, the breasts look really funky for a few months afterward until the skin & muscle has had time to stretch & relax. After about 3 - 4 months, they start looking more "normal". Showing the "after" when it's only been a few days probably isn't the best endorsement for him (or any surgeon). As far as him not being board certified, I know that that would definitely keep me from going to him. When I had my surgery, I went to 5 different ones until I found the one that seemed to have the same ideas that I did regarding what look we were going for, etc. Every doctor that I met with was a member of the ASPRS; that was a prerequisite for me to even consider them. I'm not saying that just b/c a Dr. isn't a member that he isn't good, but for me personally, it was a comfort factor to know that they were a member in good standing.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Newbie
    Well...I went to Dr. Rey and he is Board Eligible. He just has to take the final exam. If you look at his training and qualifications, he's better trained and educated than most other plastic surgeons. When I chose him, I liked the fact that he was so well trained and became so successful early on in his career. Also, I know of so many people who went to him and have the most natural and perfect results. He is really young but this was a plus for me because he knows the latest technology and is so enthusiastic and confident about his abilities and practice. I've had some friends who've been to older certified plastic surgeons with very bad results and Dr. Rey had to fix them. I personally prefer the younger more enthusiastic surgeons, as long as they are Board Eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettM
    Well...I went to Dr. Rey and he is Board Eligible. He just has to take the final exam. If you look at his training and qualifications, he's better trained and educated than most other plastic surgeons. When I chose him, I liked the fact that he was so well trained and became so successful early on in his career. Also, I know of so many people who went to him and have the most natural and perfect results. He is really young but this was a plus for me because he knows the latest technology and is so enthusiastic and confident about his abilities and practice. I've had some friends who've been to older certified plastic surgeons with very bad results and Dr. Rey had to fix them. I personally prefer the younger more enthusiastic surgeons, as long as they are Board Eligible.
    ScarlettM - isn't there a lot of pain involved in breast surgery? Isn't there a lot of post operative care that the patient has to do? I got the impression that you have to massage your breasts to get them to be soft and natural looking? Doesn't it take 3-6 months for all the swelling to come down so they look more natural?

I have heard that some ladies are not good about doing post op follow through and that is the reason some do not have as good results as others. Their scars show more etc....

FORT Newbie
    Yeah, it's painful but worth it. The doc said massage every day is important and for a few weeks after the operation I couldn't smoke. But other than that, there's not much I had to do. Oh, also no lifting for a few weeks afterward. It was painful but I had pain killers and muscle relaxers so after a few days I was fine.

Why wasn't this show on last night? Some show about famous blondes was on instead.

FORT Newbie
    It's on next week. That's when we find out if they're having a boy or girl.

I was really looking forward to watching the new episdoe, but it also was good to watch the first episode as I had missed part of it. Dr. Rey really comes across as charming and with alot of charisma. I actually admire him more after hearing his story of being a poor immigrant who has embraced and lives the American Dream. That he was able to educate himself and go to Harvard and medical school. I wonder what kind of school loans he must have? I have heard that you can be as much as $100,000.00 in debt after med school. That he had the guts to open a practice in Beverly Hills, the most competitive place possible for a plastic surgeon.

I liked how he met his wife and that she is his business manager, ( he said that she runs his business) I wonder if that there are conflicts with his wife and office manager? That Hayley, his wife is the business manager does improve her standing in my eyes. He comments that he works from 7am to 11pm and even does Saturdays. When does he have time for the family? Still he is building a practice , supporting his wife, I am sure he pays her a salary, several nurses, clerical help, and other health professionals. and paying rent fir office space and paying for medical equipment. No wonder he works all the time. That and living in LA, the housing out there is rediculiously expensive. You are paying 300,000 for 50 year old house that has 2 bedrooms, one bath and is probably 1,500 sq ft. His house is probably anywhere from 700,000 to 1 million. The mortgage must be a killer.

One thing to note that the older 2 surgeons seem more relaxed about what they do and one or both noted that you have to be able to balance your life. The one doctor mentioned that your time is your own and showed him taking the afternoon off and playing golf. This is a very sharp contrast with how DR. Rey is overextended. But perphaps that is the differnce between starting a practice and enjoying the proceeds of working in the business for 20 some years. Dr. Rey definitely needs to get a partner and learn how to relax and spent some time with his kids, dog and wife.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley
    I like him as a Dr...however, I think he is a terrible husband and father. He isn't home much and was even late to his own daughter's birthday party. He promised to be home by a certain time, but was still late. (He was at kickboxing class or whatever you call it.) :rolleyes I know a lot of things are edited out, but you can tell that even his wife is fed up.

Yeah he is very neglectful and he isn't willing to help the situation. He should take a partner but he doesn't. If she asks for the divorce i wont blame her at all. To me he is just self-centered and selfish.

On another board, someone called Dr. Rey's office and got some info. She said that Dr. Rey charges $200 for a consult! Plus, when you set up your consult appt., they want you to schedule your surgery date - BEFORE YOU EVEN MEET THE DR.!!!!!! That is so wrong IMO.
    When having plastic surgery, you should always get two or three opinions and not just go with the first Dr. that you see.

FORT Newbie
    That's so not true. If you call his office they do have a consultation fee but you don't have to schedule the surgery before you meet the doctor. I had surgery done by Dr. Rey and I went to 4 different surgeons (all who had consultation fees). I just knew that Dr. Rey had a waiting list so I had to wait a while after my consultation for the surgery. My friend chose to book her surgery before meeting Dr. Rey so that she wouldn't have to wait but it was her choice, she didn't have to.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)