+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. 90210

I was also relieved to hear Hailey's biopsy came out fine, and I agree with you about Dr. Rey. He definitely comes across as self-absorbed, with a huge ego, but I'm guessing that goes along with the profession he's chosen. He has to be confident in his abilities or he wouldn't be as successful as he is, and probably focusing on peoples' exteriors all day, feeds right into his image-conscious way of life. I don't particularly like the guy, so it bothered me when he didn't even take the time to say goodbye to Hailey, before darting out of the room. But, oh well.

I must be especially cynical today, because I thought Dr. Diamond's proposal was totally void of any emotional chemistry at all. The fact that he had her mother waiting in the wings was really sweet, but sheesh, I've seen more endearing exchanges between dogs, than I saw with them. It looked more like a business proposal to me.

On the bright side, I love Dr. Li, and she is a glimmering star in the medical field. It's nice to see a doctor who is so devoted to her patients, and I agree, she seems extremely genuine. She appears to have a wonderful marriage, too, and I'm thrilled they are going to have the baby they have so deeply wanted. I got teary-eyed watching them get the sonogram.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    I must be especially cynical today, because I thought Dr. Diamond's proposal was totally void of any emotional chemistry at all. The fact that he had her mother waiting in the wings was really sweet, but sheesh, I've seen more endearing exchanges between dogs, than I saw with them. It looked more like a business proposal to me.
    Now that you mention it, you're right. He didn't show much emotion, did he? And even she was less excited than I would have been, under the circumstances. Let's hope that they love each other a lot more than has been shown on the show!

FORT Newbie

Not model material

Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    ITA about that girl not being model material, unless she is referring to commercial modeling, which is much more versatile & "forgiving" of flaws.

As far as the lipo girl, again we agree! She should have lost some weight before having lipo. I was kinda surprised Dr. Li didn't tell her "lose ___ pounds & then we'll discuss lipo"
    It is interesting to me just how many of these girls on this show say they want to go into modeling or get into Playboy now that they have had these surgeries. Are they that demented? None of these girls could ever be a model. There is just so many beautiful women in LA and they are fooling themselves. I guess it is nice they have all this self esteem but come on now.
    Now about this Dr. Rey. He is the most arrogant man I have ever seen on TV. His poor wife looks like she is starving. I worry about her. She looks thinner and thinner on every show. I wonder if she realizes how sad their relationship looks to viewers. I hope he eventually sees the light.
    Lisa :rolleyes

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettM
    That's so not true. If you call his office they do have a consultation fee but you don't have to schedule the surgery before you meet the doctor. I had surgery done by Dr. Rey and I went to 4 different surgeons (all who had consultation fees). I just knew that Dr. Rey had a waiting list so I had to wait a while after my consultation for the surgery. My friend chose to book her surgery before meeting Dr. Rey so that she wouldn't have to wait but it was her choice, she didn't have to.

Then how come on the show I have heard him say several times to the patient that he is meeting for the first time "Oh, I see your surgery is next week?" Like they are already scheduled for surgery when he meets them? Maybe things have changed since he has been on this show???
    I just had a breast lift (OMG they look so damn perky now) and my surgeon is in Napa. She only charged 50.00 for a consult and that came off of your surgical fees. She did an awesome job on my breasts.
    Lisa :rolleyes

Much, much better show than last week's dismal episode. One thing I am really getting out of these shows is that rapid weight loss, especially from gastric bypass results in loads of extra skin. I wonder how the contestents from The Biggerst Looser faired as far as loose or tight skin. Is exercise the answer??? I digress. As far as Dr. Diamond's proposal, I thought it went quite well, considering that previous episodes implied that he was being pressured into making a commintment that he did not want to make and I rather he did not ask Jessica to marry him if he was not ready because that just results in resentment and divorce and no one wants that.

I was very happy for Hayley, as far as not having cancer, but the ending was really bitter and sad and I just wished Dr. Rey had kissed her and said he loved her. I hope Dr. Rey watches this finale and realizes what a jerk he looked like, especially after his tearful speech about how his wife and kids are the most important things in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by ladybuggster
    Then how come on the show I have heard him say several times to the patient that he is meeting for the first time "Oh, I see your surgery is next week?" Like they are already scheduled for surgery when he meets them? Maybe things have changed since he has been on this show???.
    I've heard that Dr. Rey is so busy that when you set up your consult, they also book your surgery date.....before you even meet him. Strange!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marley
    I've heard that Dr. Rey is so busy that when you set up your consult, they also book your surgery date.....before you even meet him. Strange!!

Well, maybe b/c he's so in demand, you schedule your surgery when you schedule the consult in order to reserve the date. I'm sure people have changed their mind after the consult (or he has declined them as a patient, as we saw earlier this season) .
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

If Dr. Rey says "to be honest with you...." one more time!!!!!!

Dr. Rey to me comes across as having invented himself as confident, friendly, upbeat, etc. but to me he seems incredibly insecure, even sad. I bet he has many self doubts and much saddness. Why else would he torture himself with working so hard? He is afraid of losing it all of being poor and abandoned again. He is adopted. I don't think he really loves Hayley as much as he loves the idea of having her and thinks he should love her. After all she fits in with the American dream and all that. But if you saw the episode where he said that someday he was going back to "his people" that clearly indicates he is not really comfortable with the life he has made for himself and doesn't consider this life his real place in life, not even this family. Although he seemingly has it all, it's such a farce and he seems so uncomfortable to me. I think he seems completely unhappy in the marriage and even with his children. Perhaps because of his uncomfortable feelings he wants to avoid being with them as much as possible and that is why he uses the excuse of work. If he really wanted to be there he would be when he had the chance but instead he has searched for more ways to prove himself such as with the mega exercise and black belt persuit.

On the other hand, as long as they both are caught up in that phony Beverly Hills image BS, they will never be able to take any time off and they will just keep wanting more and more. It's a never ending cycle. I think he either has the wrong idea about how true success is perceived or maybe the people out there really are that shallow. Don't results speak louder than the car you drive, the house you live in, the clothes you wear? Wouldn't you want to go to a doctor based on how the patients looked rather than how the doctor kept himself and his family? I actually heard him saying that if you didn't live the (lavish) "lifestyle" that people wouldn't come to you because they wouldn't think you were successful and so he HAD to buy all the stuff he had. I think that the wife wants her cake and eat it too though, you can't have all the frills and the husband home all the time both. Not unless you are independently wealthy. If he was home all the time he would drive her crazy. Like someone else said she loves the lifestyle more than she would love more time with him. If given the choice I think she would have a hard time deciding that one. To me she comes across as demanding and pouty. There are a lot of women in her shoes with a lot less money. Truck drivers, pilot wives, military wives. She has it good and should realize she is not being dumped on but she is reaping the rewards of a hard at work husband.

Tobi

Oh and if I see that Dr. Li in the stirrups one more time I'm going to throw up. Sorry...that's just TMI

Also, could there be a more ill fated marriage in the making that Dr. Diamond and his doctor wife? One in pediatrics and the other in plastics? She is ready based on bio clock and he is still thinking he needs to sow some oats? Not a good match up at all.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)