+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. 90210

I can't believe Dr. Li didn't go to the Gyno for pap smears for 11 years!! If she can't take care of herself, how can she take care of others? Unbelievable.

Everytime I see Hayley Rey, I think of Denise Richards...they look a little alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley
    I can't believe Dr. Li didn't go to the Gyno for pap smears for 11 years!! If she can't take care of herself, how can she take care of others? Unbelievable.

Everytime I see Hayley Rey, I think of Denise Richards...they look a little alike.
    Do what the doctor says not what they do?? Same old, same old.

3/21 episode

Mainly a Dr Rey and Dr Raj K show this week. Dr Rey does a mom and daughter breast implant job. Dr Raj K does a nose job, very nice and delicate. His patients mom flies in from Boston to take take of her daughter and later decides to have surgery herself and then her daughter can take care of her. Really nice to see a close mom and daughter bond with both sets of ladies.

The Mom and Daughter theme carries on through the show as Hayley's mom, Brenda, comes to visit. Interesting dynamic between the mom in law and Dr. Rey.

They had a birthday party for their 3 yr old daughter Sydney and Sydney really likes snakes and they had a firm that displays animals come in and show off lizards and snakes and spiders. At the end they had the kids sit on the floor with some of the moms and dads and lay down an 18 ft python across their legs. Brenda the mom in law started freaking out a bit and didn' t want baby Robbie around the snake because she did not want the snake to eat her grandchild. I'm sure that they fed the snake before the show. Baby eating after all could be bad for ratings, or it might be great for ratings. Imagine boot leg copies of tapes and dvd's, SEE BABY EATEN BY GIANT SNAKE. Then we could see Dr Rey in court on charges of child endangerment. He and Michael Jackson might end up cell mates. If nothing else maybe Dr. Rey could fix Micheal's nose.

I've seen a couple of episodes last season where Dr. Kanodia did nosejobs. I think he does fabulous work. He does subtle refinements, not "pinchy" looking nosejobs that scream "I HAD MY NOSE DONE!" His patients look like better versions of themselves afterwards instead of like a different person. If I were to have a nosejob, I'd love for him to do it.

ETA: Hailey's mom got on my nerves (as does Hailey). Dr. Rey is right ~ they need to get rid of a lot of those toys. Sydney wouldn't even miss them, I'm sure of it. Plus, giving them to a less fortunate child (through Goodwill) is a nice gesture.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

With all the toys in the house do you think that they should call in Clean Sweep or Clean House or Mission Organization? That would be a hoot.

4/1 episode

A Dr Li and Dr Diamond epsiode, although they had the weirdest seqway at the end with Dr Rey and his wife discussing the tournament he had to fight in to get his black belt. Hayley was not happy with Dr. Rey at all.

Dr. Li got a clean bill of health from her gynecologist and she needs to wait a month to heal and she and her hubby can try for a baby. Meanwhile Dr. Bill is killing a lot of zombies on his playstation to relive the frustration.

The big surgery her was on a lady named Alicia, she is 35 yrs old. She had married her high school sweet heart and had 2 kids and after 16 yrs of marriage her husband told her he wanted a divorce, with no warning what so ever. She asked if he had a girl on the side and he said yes. She started going to a gym and lost 50 lbs in 6 months. She originally weighted 230 lbs and is down to 180. They don't mention how tall she is so it is hard to judge how heavy she had been and how far she has to go. We did get ot see a photo of her face at 230 and it was quite full. She is going to have inner and outer thigh liposuction, a tummy tuck a breast lift and an arm lift. Oh, she also has a tattoo of her husbands name on her ankle she got in high school and that is going. She has an awful amount of loose skin and a lot of it is in her gut.

The other surgery is a psyciatrist who is getting a face lift, more of a muscle tightening because she is very slim, an eyelift. I really didn't think she needed it, and afterwards I really didn't see that much difference except around her eyes, but if it made her happy go for it.

On E or VH! they did a celebrity countdown on celebrity oops as far as plastic surgery and they showed the girl from Dirty Dancing Jennifer Grey, I think was her name, who played Baby. She had her nose down and I simply could not recognize her at all. This is just a sidebar about changing your looks too much so no one knows it is you.

Anyway both surgeries went well, I did feel sorry for Alicia and her kids and how her husband treated her. I hope she rakes him over for alimony and child support.

They showed Doctor Diamond and his girlfriend Dr. Jessie going to couples therapy. Part of it is that she heards her biological clock ticking and wants to start a family and Dr. Diamond is not in a rush and that is the main problem.

4/9 episode

Just a little bit of Dr. Rey at the very end. Looks as if he and his mother-in-law had a little spat. She was to stay for a month to help Haley with baby Robbie but she left 2 weeks early.

They introduced a new doctor. Dr. Alter or Alder(?) who is a plastic surgeon and urologist (male & female plumbing). What I liked about this episode is James the young man from Nigeria who had the malformed genitalia and Dr. A was able to fix it. It is interesting that James was found to be a male but because his genetalia had not all come down that he had been raised a girl and he felt male but was expected to be a girl. The identity crisis was severe enough that he was thinking about committing suicide. I am really glad that this was resolved and that James was able to continue his life. It is also nice to see the results of Plastic surgery based on need and not vanity.

They also showed the results of Plastic surgery on another gentleman who had been injured very badly in the face and now you could hardly see the scar.

Again we saw Dr. Li do a breast impact, lipo and tummy tuck on a new mom, with 3 kids, and a husband who is a marine in Iraq. Can no one in this country pronouce Iraq and Iran properly. It is not with and 'I' sound. What I would also like to know is how this woman was able to afford that much plastic surgery on a marine sargents salary??????

Dr. Diamond did a nose job. Again a nice delicate procedure with just a refinement and not butchered like Michael Jackson's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    What I would also like to know is how this woman was able to afford that much plastic surgery on a marine sargents salary??????
    You can finance anything these days, including plastic surgery.

FORT Newbie

Too vomit-inducing to watch

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    One Doctor Is Taking on the Beverly Hills Elite: May the Breast Man Win

What lifts Beverly Hills above all the rest?

Is it saline? Silicone? Could be, because Beverly Hills is where to go to get yourself a new look. Whether you need a little nip and tuck or want the jiggle put back in your wiggle, these doctors are the best in the business.

On E!'s new reality series, Dr. 90210, we follow the top cosmetic surgeons and meet the people who rely on them. And we don't leave you in the waiting room; you’ll be invited in for consultations with the patients and watch as the actual surgeries take place. It's strong, compelling viewing that you won't want to miss.

Episode One:

Meet hard-driving young Dr. Rey, who puts in long days and dreams of being the number-one surgeon in town. In this episode, he consults with a man willing to endure a risky surgery to remove the bags under his eyes and attempts to repair the body of a woman who had four breast surgeries performed by a dentist! See the results and more in this hourlong premiere.

Sunday July 11th, 10 PM on E!

The official website can be found here: http://www.eonline.com/On/Dr90210/
    This show is so revolting that it makes the original movie, "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre," look like an educational film for first graders. If anything, it's caused me to decide to grow old gracefully or not, while not picking up hitchhikers on lonely stretches of road.

Quote Originally Posted by leigh
    This show is so revolting that it makes the original movie, "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre," look like an educational film for first graders. If anything, it's caused me to decide to grow old gracefully or not, while not picking up hitchhikers on lonely stretches of road.

So, have you actually watched it?

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)