+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. 90210

I guess Drs. figure that the patient will be more comfortable resting at their own home with family, in their own bed, own surroundings, etc... People are usually very anxious while in the hospital and get better faster at home.

There is a big issue here in the hospitals about how long a mom and her baby should stay. I think they are letting the moms go but the doctors like the babies to stay for at least 24 hours for observation, it has something to do with complications that only show up several hours after birth. Now the policy is not to stay in the hospital for 3 days because of the expense unless the mom has had a c-section. Some of its cost vs health of the baby issue.

FORT Newbie
    Does anyone know how old Dr. Rey's wife is? I know the show's over, but I just found this website.
    Last edited by rd78; 12-16-2004 at 07:22 PM.

FORT Newbie

Dr. Rey's Education

Dr. Roberto Rey went to Arizona State University undergrad. He is 45 years old. Despite wearing a Harvard Medical School baseball cap and sweatshirt, he did not go to Harvard Medical School. He went to Tufts University Medical School. He got a Master's in Public Health at Harvard University School of Public Health. He did his surgical residency in California. He did a plastic surgery fellowship at Beth Israel Hospital in Boston (Harvard Medical School affiliated program) with Sumner Slavin, MD focusing on breast reduction and breast augmentation surgery.
    Last edited by Anna Sophie; 03-01-2005 at 10:51 AM.

Second season has started

second season has started

The second season of Dr 90210 has started. The first show is 1 hour without commercials and introduces us to 2 new doctors. There is Dr. Li and her partner who is also her husband and another guy, didn't get the name.

This episode actually aired Feb. 28th but thanks to E! and the Style networks there are endless repetitions. Tonight at 10pm on Style they are repeating the first episode. Check Yahoo TV listings and get the rest.

The second episode aired I think on Tuesday 3/8 on E!.

Hayley is up at 3:47 am feeding little Robby. Dr. Rey is practicing for his red belt in Tai Kwon Do and Hayley is not happy about that. He is planning to pursue his black belt. There is a cute mock battle scene between Dr. Rey and his anestisiologist. The patient comments whatever makes him happy and lets do a good surgery is ok by her.

Anyway I'm going to tape it tonite and have fun watching.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Im sick of both him and hailey. Having kids is obviously not going to keep him at home with you hailey!!!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Well, Seaon 1 was great for business, but he will have to get a partner. I wonder what happened to the other, older doctors. Althought it was nice to see Jason Diamond and Dr. Li as the youngsters just starting.

Hayley is goning to have to get help. A cleaning crew and a nanny.

FORT Newbie
    My daughter had a breast augmentation from Dr. Li last year and she is very happy with her work. Dr. Li was very caring, careful and artistic! My daughter felt confident with her from the consultation on through the post-op check-up.

Hee! Bearcata, is that Dr. Rey out in front of his house?

I liked the last two shows a lot. The female ex-police officer looked a little too poofy after her boob job, but I, too, woulda loved having the tummy lipo. Good for her. Her husband was a doll, and what a beautiful family and home they have. It was scary when the doc found her hernia, though.

I was really disturbed by the young diabetic gal getting her boob job (to allegedly hide her insulin pump? Yeah, mm-hmm). It just seemed drastic to me. She looked great and totally didn't need it, but to each his own, I guess. I cracked up when she was coming out of anesthesia and was still totally loopy, watching Dr. Rey on TV, saying "That's the man I'm gonna marry. I love him" while her fiance is standing next to her saying "No, I'm the one you're marrying". Or when the cop/mom was loopy, slurring about the fact she hasn't drank since having her three kids and for the doc to give her a lot, etc. She was really looped!

I love Dr. Li! She seems like a real sweetheart. Her husband's sweet, too. It's kinda exciting watching them try to have a baby (wait, that doesn't sound right, does it? You know what I mean)

Dr. Rey's still a conceited jerk, and his wife needs to eat a sandwich. Other than that, I'm lovin' the show! Are they all going to be hour-long shows? Love it!

Oh, and the gal working for Dr. Rey lifting her shirt and letting patients squeeze her boobs? Eeesh! I felt so dirty!

Edited to add: artfullady, so happy to hear about your daughter's successful surgery with Dr. Li! She seems very competent. That's great!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Looks as if the shows are 60 minutes this season.

Hey, Rumpshaker I was eating when I read your comment about Dr Rey practicing and almost spewed on my new monitor, that or choke, good thing it wasn't a lot of food.

I never gave it any thought when I picked that avatar but that was a good call.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 03-15-2005 at 09:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)