+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trading Spaces: Inside Out

TS inside out...

The show made me like the designers I already liked (Kristi, Gen, Frank) a little more and it was nice to see a little more about them. What we learned about Edward was a waste of time. Carter's segment was cute and I really had no idea how "interesting" (for lack of a better word) Faber was. What a nice guy! On the down side, it just confirmed how vapid Doug and Hildi are.
    I hope TS can make some sort of a come back!!!!
    You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em...

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by firewife187
    The show made me like the designers I already liked (Kristi, Gen, Frank) a little more and it was nice to see a little more about them. What we learned about Edward was a waste of time. Carter's segment was cute and I really had no idea how "interesting" (for lack of a better word) Faber was. What a nice guy! On the down side, it just confirmed how vapid Doug and Hildi are.
    I hope TS can make some sort of a come back!!!!

Hey, they don't call him FABER-LICIOUS for nothin'! Faber's furniture studio is in southern California. Knowing that is almost enough to make me wish I'd never moved away from the area!

Someone earlier questioned the timing of the TS special airing now, given how low the series' ratings have dropped. I think this is precisely the right time for such a special. Lots of fans have been asking for something like this -- fans who have lost interest in the series itself. I suspect the special was produced and aired this month, precisely to draw those fans back in.

Thank you PhoneG......did you see the young Faber? hubba hubba! build me some hunky furniture you hunk.

i was amused/surprised by the pluto's in paris .. now i know for sure hildi is cuban as i suspected......genevieve looking at fish and thinking design was just bizarre -typical gen, y'know, cute, especially when she said roosters aren't necessarily a frank thing ..... i really liked the carter portion and how he said his apartment looks very carpentery ........ i was pulled away from the tv at the christi portion. from the 1 second glimpse i got, it looks like her house has dark walls?

Quote Originally Posted by firewife187
    What we learned about Edward was a waste of time.
    True, but at least the way I imagined his house to be was what showed up on screen. He is very orderly

H2O

Did I ever see their homes?

I found it irksome that when visiting the designers home, they never really showed much. Often we saw elements of their home, tables, vases, flooring but not much pull back and see a whole room. I would have enjoyed each designer selecting a room and it being shot ala the camera angles of a Trading Spaces reveal. That would have been interesting.

Best defenceman ever canadian_d's Avatar
    I was surprised that Ty was not included in this episode.

Did he leave the show?

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Sorry, But You are SO Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Thanks for the update . I'll have to watch .

This cracked me up . Barcelona is the well known home town for Antoni Gaudi for which the term "gaudy" was coined. Yup that's some inspiration.
    That's not to say that there hasn't been a bit of a debate about the origin of "gaudy," meaning "tastelessly ornate or showy." One theory traces "gaudy" to an old Middle English term, "gaudy-green," which was evidently a sort of bright yellowish-green. Gaudy-green dye was made from the weld plant (Reseda luteola, for you botanists out there), whose name in Old French was "gaude," so that's where "gaudy-green" got its name, anyway. But most etymologists doubt that "gaudy-green" was the root of our more generally tasteless, Elvis sort of "gaudy."

A more likely source is the obsolete English word "gaud," meaning "joke, toy, or showy ornament." This "gaud" came from the French "gaudir," meaning "to rejoice or jest," which came in turn from the Latin "gaudere," meaning "to rejoice or delight in." (That Latin "gaudere," by the way, is also the source of the English word "joy.")
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

FORT Newbie

Re: Trading Spaces: Inside Out

I actually taped it but it came out fuzzy I was wondering if anyone else taped it and if they did may I PLEASE get a copy? If anyone can help me please email me at voyspice18@aol.com. Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12