+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Trading Spaces reboot on TLC

Re: Trading Spaces reboot on TLC

I loved the idea of a murphy bed, it's a great solution for rooms this small. I just hope it's sturdy. But otherwise Hildi was pure Hildi. Doug put on a happy face at first but he's still Doug too, just maybe a little older and less hostile.

The bigger budget seems to make a difference, but thankfully it's not a huge one. If the designer's vision is goofy, the extra money won't change that. I like the new feature where the couple can pick items from a store that the designer has to use. It's a reality TV gimmick, but not a bad one in this case.

Now that the show is back, I hope they keep rerunning the old shows during the week as well. I really loved watching the marathons.

Next week, Ty and Carter will be the designers. That's an even bigger twist than I'd first heard.
    agamergirl and Lizard like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I also hope the murphy bed doesn't fall and hurt someone. The husband on the blue team didn't seem too happy with Hildi's paint job. Hilidi is was mean when if came to the homework and getting the ceiling finished. I'm glad Ty doesn't put up with her drama.
    crusin likes this.
    “Bless the world with your mind, heal the world with your heart, lift the world with your soul; elevate the world with your life.”
    ― Matshona Dhliwayo

c'mon inner peace... Phart Blossom's Avatar

I binge watched the oldies yesterday, watched the reunion, then fell asleep before the trade of spaces. All the ladies look the same except Paige and Genevieve, Paige looked round and G....well she just looked a bit odd. Laurie hasn't age one day.

The cardboard room! I saw the hay stuck to the walls....both so awful!!! How would you repair the wall with the hay?

Anyway...I will catch the rest of the show later.
    aramcobrat likes this.
    Nobody is perfect...everyone's ass has a crack in it.

Looking forward to seeing what Ty and Carter come up with next week, more so than what Doug and Hildi did last night. Blah. I didn't hate Doug's room, but that poo brown ceiling would have to go. Hildi's room just sucked - but if you don't really want guests to stay, it'd work out great. Nobody could relax in that hideous room. Since Lowe's is a sponsor, I hope they sprung for a bucket of Kilz and some new paint.

Does Hildi actually make a living "designing" room for people?
    bamafan likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post

Does Hildi actually make a living "designing" room for people?
    In this Where are They Now? article, it sounds like Hildi does not actually do this (nowadays? ever?) for a living. How and where did they originally find her?
    Original Trading Spaces Cast: Where Are They Now? | PEOPLE.com

I rewatched the end. It was more than cover both the ceilings and the walls instructions.

Hildi's looked very exotic. Penguins lay eggs I guess......thumbs up. Thank goodness she didn't put things that would attract dirt on the walls and ceiling.

The red head and Vern were my favorites....whoever got them hit jackpots. The red head always wore a shirt to match the color of her room.
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

I enjoyed the show.

Neither featured designer has changed their out of the box design ideas over the years. It's their particular gimmick. Not at all surprised they were chosen for the premiere episode.

Hated Hildi's room and so did the home owners. Ty's assessment of her personality was right on. I can't believe his comment wasn't edited out. I don't know how Paige could have thought they liked the make over when it was obvious they didn't.

Doug's room didn't strike me as "beachy" at all. Hmmm...

My guess is both of those rooms have been returned to their original state.

Although the Wayfair idea is a nice addition to the show, my guess is the designers choose the items offered to the homeowners so the point is moot!

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awesomekina23 View Post
    Frank's designs sure haven't aged well, have they? My mother has a country aesthetic and used to love him but I watched one of the reruns with her and she was mortified that he painted some creepy child on the wall peeking out from behind furniture.
    That was a painting of the homeowners' child. The homeowners loved it, and kept it on the wall until there was a slab leak that required them to remove all the drywall in that room. They had a bunch of pictures that they'd taken of their daughter at various ages, posed next to that portrait. During the reunion show, they brought out the little girl (who is now about 20), and you could tell that Frank was extremely touched when they told him how much that painting had meant to them.

Frank has a very soft spot in his heart for little girls. His daughter was killed by a drunk driver when she was 3 years old.
    karna68, crusin and agamergirl like this.
    I'm Paula.

Hmmmm, so we have an EXTREMELY small master bedroom - so what's the first thing we do? Why paint the ceiling dark brown, of course. SMH. Hope these were just cameos from Doug and Hildi. I can't enjoy the shows where they are the designers because I'm always thinking about how much the homeowners are going to have to spend to fix their mess.
    crusin likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
    Hmmmm, so we have an EXTREMELY small master bedroom - so what's the first thing we do? Why paint the ceiling dark brown, of course. SMH. Hope these were just cameos from Doug and Hildi. I can't enjoy the shows where they are the designers because I'm always thinking about how much the homeowners are going to have to spend to fix their mess.
    I didn't hate Doug's room at all. I liked the burlap on the walls, you can buy wall paper that feels like it so I don't think putting the actual burlap on the walls is that out there anymore. I would keep the room like it was for the most part, however I would have the ceiling repainted in a light green matching one of the shades in the throw pillows on the bed. The additional budget did allow the carpenters to get some nicer wood, no MDF like in past years. The dresser Carter made was really nice.

As far as Hildi's room, I hated the pattern on the walls and the ceiling. I loved the fabric, however I might have painted the walls one of the colors from the fabric, maybe light coral or the yellow. I liked the Murphy bed idea for the room. I would have painted over that pattern that night.

+ Reply to Thread