+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Trading Spaces reboot on TLC

Re: Trading Spaces reboot on TLC

I wonder if Laurie will still love her yellows. Her designs were better than Hildi's messes, but she sure did like yellow.
    “Bless the world with your mind, heal the world with your heart, lift the world with your soul; elevate the world with your life.”
    ― Matshona Dhliwayo

Looking at the guide for tonight, it says the premiere is going to have Doug and Hildi. Oh joy.

I've watched several of the reruns this morning, and wow. A lot of it looks so...cheesy. I hope they can step it up, there are too many good design/renovation shows on now to be painting fake rugs on the floor, throwing ugly slipcovers on the furniture and calling it a room.

And no to the mom jeans.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

FORT Fanatic

Can't imagine they kept that flower bathroom. All those staples with you have to redrywall that whole room. If they kept it the mold and dust that would be in the flowers . Not sure why Hildi kept saying she hated the space above the shower. Hello steam has to get out some how.

Should be interesting to see if Doug and Hildi changed over the years. I'm thinking not.
    Miss_Griss likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Looking at the guide for tonight, it says the premiere is going to have Doug and Hildi. Oh joy.

I've watched several of the reruns this morning, and wow. A lot of it looks so...cheesy. I hope they can step it up, there are too many good design/renovation shows on now to be painting fake rugs on the floor, throwing ugly slipcovers on the furniture and calling it a room.

And no to the mom jeans.
    Yes, I watched this morning, too, and while it was a fun trip back in time (I even dreamed about that time in my life last night, after seeing them on Rachael Ray yesterday, lol), I was reminded of Frank’s tacky, country clutter style. He seems like such a nice man, but wow, the room this morning with the painted wood subfloor was just horrible. And the husband was SO excited and seemed to love it!
    waywyrd likes this.

I'm sure they're starting out with Doug and Hildi because they're the ones with the craziest ideas. If they had Vern first, and everything turned out pretty and "normal," fans might be disappointed. Since they're known for their disasters, I have a feeling they're going to go even further "out there" with their ideas, just to stand out from all the nice design shows.

The rooms they're decorating tonight are really small! Doug (who's really showing his age, too) is starting with a dark brown ceiling and burlap on the walls.

But now the people seem to be speaking up more than in the older version, resisting the designers more than they used to. I wonder if they take that into account, when production selects the people participating and the designers who'll re-do the rooms. Do they make the participants sign off on agreeing to anything, and only make a show of resisting? (Similar to "Love It or List It," which seems to have the same script for drama each time.)

They each get their own carpenter this time, though, so that should be helpful. Carter vs. Ty tonight, and Ty looks a bit rough. (p.s. Did he have a sobriety problem?)

I like how they now can get stuff from the Wayfair shop. They pick one thing that then MUST be used in their room, and it doesn't count again their budget. At least there's something of quality that has a chance to be in their rooms, since there's so often lots of cheap-looking junk because of the low budget. This is fun!

Yeah, I agree about Ty looking rough. That really stood out to me when they did the talk show rounds this week. His voice sounds really rough, too. I’m thinking he’s a smoker and it’s taken a toll on his skin and voice. Also, I googled and found a “where are they now” from last year, and it said he’s 52, I believe. So that’s also a factor - he’s not 30 anymore.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Nicksmom View Post
    Can't imagine they kept that flower bathroom. All those staples with you have to redrywall that whole room. If they kept it the mold and dust that would be in the flowers . Not sure why Hildi kept saying she hated the space above the shower. Hello steam has to get out some how.

Should be interesting to see if Doug and Hildi changed over the years. I'm thinking not.
    I watched the rerun of the plastic flower bathroom - what a cheesy and awful thing to do to those walls. The whole bathroom was a mess and an expensive fix for the homeowners. Vern and Laurie were my favorite original designers.

Well, it wasn't too far into the first episode before I remembered everything I didn't like about Hildi. Is is possible that she's even worse? Or was she always an insufferable bitch? You can tell Ty was seriously annoyed with her. LOVED the little clip on the reunion show of Amy Wynn losing it over Hildi taking the hose when she needed it Her snotty harping about how the couple was being punished because they didn't finish their homework

Yeah, I'm sure that bed isn't going to fall off the wall and kill someone It's one thing for the designers to expect the carpenters to get things done in that short span of time and of course there will be corners cut, but that's dangerous.

As for Doug, he'll have to explain how burlap is beachy. Maybe if you're living in the Big Kahuna's shack on the beach. At least that's a fairly blank slate, so they could just change the bedding and accent colors to remake the room. I actually didn't hate that room, aside from that bamboo "art" over the bed.

That design in Hildi's room is going to be a bitch to paint over and YOU KNOW they painted over it. It looked like a freaking dorm room. That mother-in-law is still going to be sleeping on the couch next door until that room is fixed. Who could sleep in there!?

Interesting that Carter is still wearing his wedding ring. Wonder if this was before all that sexual harassment/affair stuff broke in the news.
    waywyrd, bamafan and MFWalkoff like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Well, it wasn't too far into the first episode before I remembered everything I didn't like about Hildi. Is is possible that she's even worse? Or was she always an insufferable bitch? You can tell Ty was seriously annoyed with her. LOVED the little clip on the reunion show of Amy Wynn losing it over Hildi taking the hose when she needed it Her snotty harping about how the couple was being punished because they didn't finish their homework

Yeah, I'm sure that bed isn't going to fall off the wall and kill someone It's one thing for the designers to expect the carpenters to get things done in that short span of time and of course there will be corners cut, but that's dangerous.

As for Doug, he'll have to explain how burlap is beachy. Maybe if you're living in the Big Kahuna's shack on the beach. At least that's a fairly blank slate, so they could just change the bedding and accent colors to remake the room. I actually didn't hate that room, aside from that bamboo "art" over the bed.

That design in Hildi's room is going to be a bitch to paint over and YOU KNOW they painted over it. It looked like a freaking dorm room. That mother-in-law is still going to be sleeping on the couch next door until that room is fixed. Who could sleep in there!?

Interesting that Carter is still wearing his wedding ring. Wonder if this was before all that sexual harassment/affair stuff broke in the news.
    I though Carter's wife stood up for him and said the accusations were a sham. (Not saying she's right. Just that that's what I remember reading.)
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Maybe I'm just thinking of the gossip sites I've read that said she's halfway out the door. Frankly, I'd respect her more if that were the case. He's pretty hot, but so is she and no one deserves to be treated that way. He's publicly said that the relationship with that woman was consensual, so it's not like he's denying having sex with someone else.

Funny that they don't include Doug and Hildi in this article. I'm curious about how they design rooms for themselves and if they're capable of designing a livable space. I'm sort of obsessed with Paige's kitchen....
    https://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...omes/tk-4-472/

Also, if Ty's design aesthetic is reflected in the room in that article, I think he'll do well as a designer.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread