+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Trading Spaces reboot on TLC

Re: Trading Spaces reboot on TLC

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Don't forget the eggplant-colored living room with the creepy mannequins! I remember the owner saying it looked like the set of the Dating Game. It was really horrific. I don't remember the designer right off. It wasn't one of the main ones like Frank, Hildi, Doug or Genevieve. From what I remember, all of these designers rooms were weird but that one was the worst.
    Edgar? That's the only other one I can think of right now.
    "You're gonna tip that boat over and wet my weave!" To Rome For Love on Bravo

FORT Fogey Ms.pacman New Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion awesomekina23's Avatar

Frank's designs sure haven't aged well, have they? My mother has a country aesthetic and used to love him but I watched one of the reruns with her and she was mortified that he painted some creepy child on the wall peeking out from behind furniture. And all the paint colors and squiggles and everything... woof. Though I do remember liking the Mexican inspired kitchen he once did.

I'd only let Vern, Laurie, or Genevieve in my house. Vern and Laurie's designs almost always look pretty and livable. Genevieve had some clunkers but I liked her rooms more often than not.

I love that Joanie from Top Model is the new carpenter! She was my favorite on her season.

Even Genevieve's rooms looked a little arts & craftsy sometimes -- she did that kids' playroom with the puppet theater castle, and while the ideas were fun, it looked very slapped together. And tire swings hanging against a wall? And the kids were babies and toddlers at the time...eek.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Today at the end of the Rachael Ray Show, they had a preview of tomorrow’s show, where they’re having the entire Trading Spaces cast, and I barely recognized Genevieve. I mean, I could tell it was her, but there was something strange about her face - and it wasn’t just that she is older now. I hope it was just a weird angle, and not that she’s had so much work done that she’s barely recognizable.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Even Genevieve's rooms looked a little arts & craftsy sometimes -- she did that kids' playroom with the puppet theater castle, and while the ideas were fun, it looked very slapped together. And tire swings hanging against a wall? And the kids were babies and toddlers at the time...eek.
    Not to mention there was a closet door there where the one swing was hanging.

I really liked Vern's , and Laurie's rooms. Doug and Hildi just no.

Watching the reruns some of those rooms look really bad. I wish they would go back a bit later to see if it is totally redone or the same.

Watching the marathon of old shows now -- Genevieve's rust wall, and Hildi's circus tent room -- the couples liked them (or were being polite) but I didn't. Extra points to Hildi for leaving the couple's furniture out in the rain overnight.
    waywyrd likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I liked the patina wall that Gen did, but I HATED the circus room. Those hideous pink couches being rained on felt like an act of God, even in Seattle

I forgot how awful mom jeans were. It seems like all of the homeowners wore them while standing alongside Paige in her little low rise jeans with the whisker marks on the front. Ah, 2002. There are many things I don't miss about you!

Funny how many of these rooms involved Hildi and Doug....
    https://www.thewrap.com/13-worst-tra...-walls-photos/
    waywyrd, MFWalkoff and Nicksmom like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I hate to tell you, Critical, but mom jeans are coming back in style, so you'd better brace yourself.

I only watched a few episodes of Trading Spaces back in the day. It wasn't until I watched the trailer for the revival that I realized how many of my favorite hosts for HGTV shows had gotten their start on that show. It's pretty wild!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Well, they aren't coming back into MY closet! Sorry, ladies, those things are HIDEOUS! Please, just don't. They are not flattering, no matter what you think or anyone tells you. *shivers*

I was surprised to see Joanie listed as one of the carpenters. I guess if Vanilla Ice can have a second (third? fourth?) career flipping houses, Joanie can be a carpenter Didn't Carter start out as a model too?
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Another interesting twist is that Ty has been promoted to designer. I'd like to see what kind of room he puts together.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread