+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Trading Spaces reboot on TLC

Re: Trading Spaces reboot on TLC

Carter design was a calming and peaceful girly mom cave to lay down, relax within and be used, when needed, as a guest bedroom. I recall Carter talking about a trundle bed which was not created.

I like the focal wall ombre effect and the bed design, although I would have much preferred to see a trundle bed built ...

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

And Vern (and I) would have been in there in 2 seconds, lining up those flower holders on the wall. OCD!!!!
    L144S, AcookerTV and betty80 like this.
    I'm Paula.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    And Vern (and I) would have been in there in 2 seconds, lining up those flower holders on the wall. OCD!!!!
    Ha! I didn't even notice that while watching the show, but looking at the picture, you're right! They are not random enough to be described as random placement, but they are certainly not lined up either. Ugh!
    AZChristian likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Right there with you on that one. First thing I noticed. Dream catchers and flower holders made the design look cheap.
    PA Snow Bunny and AZChristian like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

FORT Fogey

Ty's room looked like he'd spent years doing Extreme Makeover Home Edition and learned a lot of things from the designers involved with that show that he incorporated into his room. Carter's room looked like a designer had helped him out with some ideas, bought the materials for him, and he was trying to execute what had been suggested to him.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

I loved Ty's room (although it isn't my style), but most of Carter's room looked like a "before" picture. The biggest problem for me was the art. All those little things hung around the room with no actual design. The random dreamcatchers hung around the room were just weird. If he wanted those in the room, they needed to ALL be hung together on one wall to make them a feature. If you arrange a grouping of the same thing together, then it looks like something. A few of them scattered around the room reminds me of a teenage girl's room.

I liked the ombre wall too, but pretty much nothing else. Like others mentioned, that wasn't a trundle bed AND it covered up the wall. Plus, it didn't look comfortable. The desk was too small too. You could write a thank you note sitting there, but that's pretty much it. Carter definitely needs to stick to carpentry and not design.

The only thing in Ty's room that I wouldn't have liked was the floor and that's more because those tiles were rubber and I don't like walking on squishy things. It looked cool, but I couldn't handle walking on that every day.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I didn't even like the ombre wall that much -- the pinks had kind of a sad old-fashioned feel to them. There was nothing modern about the room.

Oh well. He tried, and now he knows he's meant to be a carpenter. But Ty shows some promise.
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

It was nice to see Vern back in action. I liked both rooms this week.
    Nicksmom likes this.
    “Bless the world with your mind, heal the world with your heart, lift the world with your soul; elevate the world with your life.”
    ― Matshona Dhliwayo

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    Right there with you on that one. First thing I noticed. Dream catchers and flower holders made the design look cheap.
    Plus there is just way too many of them.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread