+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TLC's top-rated 'Trading Spaces' to get its own format redo

in hildi's defense, when she sticks to normal walls she can make homeowners happy, and those who've seen enough of the show have seen this. it's her tacky-wacky walls that make me want to paddle her behind. but sometimes i think the producers periodically crave the shock factor so they give hildi or doug a call and then the stupidity begins

rick, God help him, was responsible for hundreds of migraines across the u.s.a. .......i'm full of glee that he's gone!!

christi: lay off the dark walls PLEASE

frank: enough with the "whimsy" ... it's more irritating than humorous

edward, laurie: top shelf designers w/ pleasant personalities (laurie, take some lessons from edward)

laura/kat/barry: all 3 are interchangeable and not very impressive, barry is the weakest

kia: find another job

eny
    FORT Fogey
    They should dump the family show. That has added to the "this is way overexposed" theme. I could never see the difference except you got to see Hildi being nice , and had to listen to the evenmoreobnoxiousthanmindypaig e Joe.

I used to never miss an episode. At least I could get some good ideas from Vern, Laurie, Edward, and sometimes Frank and Christy. In fact I have copied a lot of things from them.

On the other hand, Doug and Hildi ruined it for me. I can't watch if they're on the show. And the rest of the new "designers" need to go...Barry, Rick, Kia, and that twit Laura. I wouldn't want them in my garage, never mind a room in my house. Why would I enjoy watching someone's room get trashed? Get a clue, TLC....
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

JR.
    Geez, it's been so long since I've watched I have no idea who Rick, Barry, Kat & Laura are.

I stopped watching because they stopped going to places that actually NEEDED the help to begin with, and instead it's all upper-middle class homes that get the $1000 redo.
    I'd rather see them go into a home where the HOs financially cant do something themselves, and give them something BRILLIANT instead of hay stapled to the wall and glass plastered onto the fireplace.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I don't care for the family show at all.

I don't like the weird designs, I like the shows where they at least try to do something nice with some good colors. But sometimes those shows are few and far between.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Glad they are doing something about TS..it has gotten way boring and predictable for me. As for the designers, my faves are Edward and Christi. Like their class and style. Also, I liked Genevieve a lot..think she left the show as well? Laurie's decent as well...just get a little tired of her constant use of yellow paint. Barry's done some bad rooms..but I kinda like him. No real opinion about Frank. I can't stand Doug's atitude and bad designs. Same for Kia and Hildi.

One thing about some of this season's shows I've liked..Faber. He's a very talented and competant carpenter with a great personality. Definitley need more of Faber in the new season.

One thing about some of this season's shows I've liked..Faber. He's a very talented and competant carpenter with a great personality. Definitley need more of Faber in the new season.
    Now that I will agree on!
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I hope part of the changes involves getting rid of the need for controversial designs like those done by Hildi and Doug this year. I've seriously stopped watching mainly because the redos aren't about creating beautiful rooms anymore.

I'd rather see a show that gives me something that I'd like to incorporate into my own room.
    Totally agree with you on this Broadway. The shock factor with Doug and Hildi has worn thin. It is just obnoxious now. TS needs to stick with the tried and true of the design. I actually end up feeling sorry for the homeowner and mad at TLC for putting them thru this.
    Get rid of the pseudo-designers and keep the talent - Laurie, Frank, Edward, Kristy, and Gen! Keep Favre, Carter and Amy Wynn. And Paige who I really like. Dump the rest. Ask Vern to make guest appearances. Glad he is getting is own show - at least we get to still see his awesome talent!

Quote Originally Posted by Iamsohooked
    Totally agree with you on this Broadway. The shock factor with Doug and Hildi has worn thin. It is just obnoxious now. TS needs to stick with the tried and true of the design. I actually end up feeling sorry for the homeowner and mad at TLC for putting them thru this.
    Get rid of the pseudo-designers
    yeah you'd think with all the negativity in the world today TLC would know better. so TLC if you're monitoring this we want positivity, not negativity!

oh yeah.......Genevieve........ another top notch designer ...... imho she's spending too much time being the Swiffer girl and not on the show enough

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast