+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The WB's "Studio 7," a reality/quiz show

There is also a memorization round, this time they had to memorize the winners of the the Razzies for the categories Best picture, actress, and actor from the past 20 years. Along with the movie the actress and actor are from. That is a total of 138 elements.

Hee, a question where "Cop and a Half" and "Stop My Mom Will Shoot" are answers. Fun-nee.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Hee. Another mysterious figure appears in the dark. "Miss Kell(e)y". She counts, says "wrong", or "stop".

They basically got all the same questions right, except the last one. How did Jesse not know the host of the 'Price of Right'? Funny how the youngest people did the best.

$77,000 Minus Taxes = something without a 7 in it.

Geez. The WB is so predictible. Even the Quiz Show has "hip" music credits.

The Host, Pat Kiernan

The Winner, Amadou Doumbia

Here is the summary from the WB website:

When it comes down to money who can you truly trust? Producer Michael Davies (Who Wants To Be A Millionaire) is taking his acclaimed showmanship into new territory for The WB by asking the question: what happens when you mix the best parts of the reality and game show genres to produce a high stakes quiz show presented in flashback from the point of view of the people who experienced it?

Introducing The WB's Studio 7, a radical new one-hour series that pits seven articulate, intelligent young people against each other in a game that tests the depth of their contemporary knowledge in the areas of news, politics, sports and popular culture, and their powers of memorization and recall. Only the last one standing in each episode will be exceptional enough to take home the $77,000 prize and a coveted spot in the final eighth episode, where the best of the brightest will take home an additional $777,000.

Each week, seven new contestants move into the Studio 7 suite in the center of midtown Manhattan, where they will spend four days sequestered together, getting to know one another and forming friendships and rivalries, all while cameras are rolling. In addition to keeping up with the minutiae of current affairs, they are also given two very detailed study assignments that they must memorize in the few days leading up to the game.

On their final day together they are brought to the Studio 7 set to play an intense quiz show against each other, knowing that only one of them will win while the rest will go home empty-handed. As the action heats up and the stakes rise during intimidating elimination rounds, the only option the players have when they're stuck on a question is to ask one of their competitors for help; but who can they really trust?

After seven shows produce seven winners, they will be brought together in the apartment and the studio for an ultra-intense finals week in which someone will walk away with the grand prize of $777,000 and the bragging rights to being the first-ever Studio 7 champion.

Blending the rivalry and intrapersonal complications of the best reality shows with the high-pressure stakes of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, The WB's Studio 7 will not only allow viewers to play along, but will give them an intimate perspective on what the competitors felt and thought during the most intense and emotional moments before, during and after the show. Alliances will be forged, passions will ignite and newfound friendships will be undermined as the contestants vie to be the grand champion of The WB's Studio 7.

The WB's Studio 7 is from Diplomatic and executive producer Michael Davies and co-executive producer Jen Kelly. The show is directed by Mark Gentile (Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and Super Millionaire), who also serves as a producer.
    Here is the official site: http://www.thewb.com/Shows/GenericSh...176956,00.html

For anyone that missed it, it will be re shown on Sunday at 9 PM EST. I highly recomend it.

FORT Newbie
    i was just watching this show and saw that the barry guy was somewhat strangely familiar. i think i talked to him on yahoo for a while.. it was very odd.
    Over all the show was pretty interesting, all though I'm not a huge fan of the whole question/pod thing. I'm glad that Amadou won tho

I'm SO surprised they have them stay together for 4 days instead of "7".

Did this show end up picking up the pace after the first 5 minutes? I recorded it earlier tonight and tried to watch it, but after they got thru the first round of questions I found myself bored to tears with it and went ahead with the erase button. Just not up my alley I suppose (oh gosh, this may be a first for me to say that!).

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    I actually really really liked this. Since I loved the weakest link and who wants to be a millionaire, these questions are cool AND THEY ARE LIKE very recent. Plus they had a harry potter question! I couldnt believe they didnt know who bob barker was

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast