+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: True Life: I'm Obese

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Amy, we love you SO MUCH!!! And we're super proud of you.

FORT Newbie
    Amy, Thank you for doing the show -- True Life. You have opened my eyes to my weight. I have always denied being overweight to myself -- of course everyone else knows. You have opened my eyes to a lot of things and I thank YOU. Jonelle

Jonelle7529 and good luck to you!

FORT Newbie
    Amy, When I watched MTV show True Life I'm Obese I thought it was terrible the comments that were said about you and the others on the show. I even cried because I thought it was so sad . I am so happy for you that your surgery went good for you and I hope your life will be a lot easier now that you lost weight. Good Bye and Good luck!!!
    Last edited by nikki_1313; 07-08-2004 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    Amy, since you've had the surgery, how have your eating habits changed? Somewhere up in the thread, someone mentioned you could eat very little after the surgery. What are your meals like?

Wenders,

Yes after surgery everything is totally changed. 1 piece of string cheese feels me up. Last night to give you a good idea of what I can eat in a sitting. I had half of a sandwich with chicken that took an hour to eat. You have to eat slowly and chew everything very well. Most people eat about 2-4ozs and that's it like about 2 tablespoons full. I can drink about 8-14oz and feel full too. It's been amazing so far.

Amy

Quote Originally Posted by jonelle7529
    Amy, Thank you for doing the show -- True Life. You have opened my eyes to my weight. I have always denied being overweight to myself -- of course everyone else knows. You have opened my eyes to a lot of things and I thank YOU. Jonelle

Jonelle,

I know what you mean I was in denial too when I was 300 pounds and then until I realized I was not going out of the house then I really realized I had a major problem. I was just wanting to hide away. Please try to get help now, I would not wish this on anyone.

Amy

Quote Originally Posted by nikki_1313
    Amy, When I watched MTV show True Life I'm Obese I thought it was terrible the comments that were said about you and the others on the show. I even cried because I thought it was so sad . I am so happy for you that your surgery went good for you and I hope your life will be a lot easier now that you lost weight. Good Bye and Good luck!!!

Thanks so much Nikki People can be so cruel as you can even see from the NY Post article. I'm a good person and if people don't see that and just see a "fat" person it's not my problem anymore. No one should have to go thru the torment that I have all my life.

Amy

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogg
    bathing someone with wet wipes while lifting flaps and folds of human meat can make you change the channel
    Its not her fault dont you think she would want to take a normal bath if she could

Nikki, its not that I don't agree with you - people can be insensitive to the struggles of others that they cannot relate to. However, the rules of this site are that people are free to post their opinions and observations about reality show contestants, whether they are positive or negative. They are not, however, free to attack other posters. I just wanted to let you know since you are new to this site and maybe have not had the opportunity to read the rules yet. i didn't want you to get yourself in trouble.

By the way, to the FORT!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Nikki,

Thankfully I can now get in the shower with no problems

I knew when I did this show that there would still be those that would not understand and assume things. Some people are only going to see it as just fat and not even take the time to understand I also have the condition lymphedema. It's ok, it's hard to change some people's opinions of obesity.

Amy

+ Reply to Thread