+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: True Life: I'm Obese

Amy, what prompted you to be so courageous to share your story on MTV?

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exposed
    I wouldn't say anything either BUT it does make me sick to see SOME of them eating all of this fatty food (like the young guy) and not at least TRYING to eat healthy. The bad food is a part (not all) of whats making you gain weight.

Did you ever think that maybe they cant help themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Amy, what prompted you to be so courageous to share your story on MTV?
    I was hoping to help educate people about obesity about the common misconceptions. I mostly wanted to get some word out about Lymphedema. People that are my size a lot of times get Lymphedema and don't realize there is help out there for it and don't realize it's not just weight gain. When I had my rapid weight gain I thought I was eating more, but in reality I had not changed what I ate. I was actually eating less. It's very frustrating for someone like me to try dieting and lose weight only to gain back and not know why. Granted I was still obese before I got the Lymphedema, but if I had not got it I would have been able to move a whole lot better and do some type of exercise. I was always in so much pain that it was hard to do any form of exercise and then you get to a point you don't even want to be out in public. On the show when I'd gone out to eat, that was the first time in 3 years.

Amy

Amy, I didn't watch the show, but just happened to wander into this thread. I have struggled with weight loss all my life and know how frustrating it can be. I just wanted to wish you the best of luck.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Amy~Butterfly

This is Amy from the True Life show. .

Amy
    Welcome to the FORT, Amy, I'm so glad you came by. I had never heard of Lymphedema. What an insidious condition! I hope your therapy continues well. Will losing weight help the lymphedema?

We have a private forum here called the Chub Club just for FORT members who are working on losing weight. If you PM John he can add you to the list. Only members on John's Chub Club list can see the forum. We share frustrations and successes. It would be great to have you there.

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    Welcome to the FORT, Amy, I'm so glad you came by. I had never heard of Lymphedema. What an insidious condition! I hope your therapy continues well. Will losing weight help the lymphedema?

With the weight loss my legs will improve, they have already improved a great deal. It's certainly not a condition I would put on my worst enemy Thanks for the heads up about that other group

Amy

I just saw this documentary yesterday, I saw it was on and taped it because I had to go out. It was so great to see a show that I could relate with.

I have struggled with my weight since about 13. I unfortunately do not have the confidence of the plus size model on the show, but she was a great inspiration. While not wanting to reveal my weight, I will say I'm a size 16-18. Luckily I have a fiance who loves me for who I am, but I have been made fun of my entire life. High school was hell for me, luckily college was a little better.

I'm glad people are so nice here at the FORT, and there are people I can relate to.

Thank you Amy for coming onto the FORT and saying hello. I am glad that the surgery went well for you and you are losing weight. When you were in the restaurant and people were commenting, my heart went out to you. I, as well as I'm sure many others here, could feel your pain because we have all experienced it as well. Its hard to be the victim of one of the last acceptable forms of discrimination. I hope you stick around, I am finding the people here are great, I hope you agree.

I hope everyone is having a good day.
    Yours truly,
    Laura

Thanks for the support Laura

Amy, since you've had the surgery, how have your eating habits changed? Somewhere up in the thread, someone mentioned you could eat very little after the surgery. What are your meals like?
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

FORT Newbie

You should be proud of yourself!

Amy, I would like to thank you for doing the show - True Life. Watching you on the show has opened my eyes. I am overweight myself and always denied it -- "mirrors don't lie." I watched your show late monday night and that's all I have been thinking about. I am 30 and I must do something now - because tomorrow is not promised. Again, thank YOU. Jonelle

+ Reply to Thread