+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: True Life: I'm Obese

This is Amy from the True Life show. I wanted to thank the ones that were kind in their remarks. This was not an easy show to do. As for the comments about disability, I never qualified for that. I worked full time up until my lymphedema got so bad, I was self employeed, but nothing was ever paid in. My husband takes our wedding vows very personal and that's why he's around it's certainly nothing to do with money I get. LOL!

Thanks again for the people that were kind.

Amy

You are very welcome here, Amy~Butterfly!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Thanks for stopping by Amy - hope you are doing well after a difficult time.

We encourage all comments from our members. I am happy some of the postive ones have cheered you. From some comments it is clear they don't understand that for some , obesity is a disease not a choice. Maybe shows like yours will help to stop part of the name calling and prejudice.

Amy~Butterfly

I am very happy that you are better.

Of course you don't have to answer but, how are you doing with losing the weight and have there been any complications?

Quote Originally Posted by eldee

how are you doing with losing the weight and have there been any complications?
    Since the show aired I've lost 105 pounds. I've been very blessed to not have any complications. It's been the best thing I could have done for my self. I've become a lot more active and my lymphedema is improving daily with the weight loss. Thanks for asking.

Amy

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Thanks for stopping by Amy - hope you are doing well after a difficult time.

We encourage all comments from our members. I am happy some of the postive ones have cheered you. From some comments it is clear they don't understand that for some , obesity is a disease not a choice. Maybe shows like yours will help to stop part of the name calling and prejudice.

You are certainly right about that, obesity is one of the last accepted prejudices of the time it seems. Hopefully the show did educated some people that just because I am obese that I'm still a person too with feelings.

Amy

Amy, that is great! I'm sure the decision was one of the toughest ones in your life.

I'm also sure that you and your husband NEED a reliable truck for transportation and did not get it as a luxury item.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I'm also sure that you and your husband NEED a reliable truck for transportation and did not get it as a luxury item.
    Yeah before my husband got into law enforcement he had a job that required a truck, sometimes we wish that we had not got a new one. When I became unable to work it made making those payments very hard to do, we still struggle with it, but making it. Thankful to be alive and living is all that matters to me though.

Amy

Quote Originally Posted by Amy~Butterfly
    Since the show aired I've lost 105 pounds. I've been very blessed to not have any complications. It's been the best thing I could have done for my self. I've become a lot more active and my lymphedema is improving daily with the weight loss. Thanks for asking.

Amy
    to the FORT

This news brought a smile to my face. I am so happy to hear everything is going well.

I just wanted to say HI and welcome Amy! Glad you've stopped by to help answer any questions we might have had about your problem and share a bit of yourself with us. I wish you all the best with your continued recovery!

+ Reply to Thread