+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: True Life: I'm Obese

Re: True Life: I'm Obese

I've always had a little weight on me. If I get down to the weight that is expected for someone of my height, I can't sleep, I'm wired all the time and very irritated at everything. So, I just keep 10 extra pounds on to feel normal. I personally don't care what doctors say as long as I'm healthy. Kudos to all of you who have lost weight and continue to lose weight. It is definitely not easy at all!
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Regular

This reminds me on what my mother once told me: You eat too much and don't exercise, you die, you eat right, and stay fit, you still die.

I know how hard it is with weight loss and self confidence and such. When my son was younger he asked the normal question when seeing an obese person. We explained that it wasn't nice to call someone "fat," and then explained all the possible reasons why a person might weigh more than a slender person. We also explained that health was the only real important factor.

Well, I guess that talk stuck with him. He just turned 7 and was complaining that a boy on his school bus tried to get him in trouble by saying he said the "F word."

Alec said he didn't. When we asked him if he knew what the "F word" was, he said "Fat?"

Congrats to all of you who are dealing with this subject. I was close to being obese at one point a few years ago (I'm 4-11, so it happens easily) and was able to lose 40 or so pounds to get in the healthy range according to BMI. But I've also been anorexic (66 pounds when I was a teenager).

I got a lot of compliments when I was anorexic and looks when I was overweight. Sad world we live in. I was actually healthier when I was overweight than skinny.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112