+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faking It

See no Hear no Speak no Sweetsour42's Avatar
    The cheerleader one was the first ever one I saw. She didnt want the hair extensions, don't ask me why, I wouldve loved those extensions.
    Shows Im Watching Now TAR 5, BB5, The Assistant, RR X-Treme,
    Shows Im Waiting For RW/RR Battle of the Sexes 2, Survivor: Vanuatu, RW: Philly! whoot whoot!Survivor Whole Seasons on DVD! Supporting Chip and Kim & Charla and Mirna(OH NO!) (TAR 5) Nakomis & Will (ACK!)(BB5) Melissa & Tanika (Why are my faves leavin?)(Assistant) Everyone except JILLIAN!!! AAAH! (RR:X)

Quote Originally Posted by DjDeluxay
    i never even heard of this show.
    the flash video looks funny
    If you haven't seen this show, seek it out. The UK version (shown on BBC America) is particularly good, although the TLC version is at least passable.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    The BBCA just showed a an episode that had a choral singer (think Charlotte Church) turn into a "Rock Chick" Of course she didn't pass, but I was kind of upset that they seemed to only have one definition of "Rock Chick". They basically wanted to turn the girl into Courtney Love. Yet the "Rock Chick" mentor wasn't even that rocking. They had Siobhan Fahey (Bananarama, Shakespears Sisters, Dave Stewart of Eurythmics ex-wife) as a judge, and she was at best a "pop chick".
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

There's more than fiction Honeyspur's Avatar
    Yeah I love Faking it. More so TLC's show than BBCA's.
    But I did like the BBCA episode about the ballet dancer turned pro-wrestler. That one was great!

The TLC episode with the bookworm turned cheerleader is still my favorite and the most poignant I think.

FORT Newbie

Groping in faking it

Hi,

Does anyone remeber the episode Nebraskan farmer Grace Coffman poses as a posh New York socialite.

What surprised me was a scene where some dress designers who dress up grace, grope her openly, one even pretends to air kiss her breasts!

I guess she put up with it thinking thats what happens to all models and socialites.

I dont think reality tv does much for self esteem of the contestants

FORT Newbie

Re: Faking It

really love this show, its great

FORT Newbie

I actually applied to the show a few years back (in 2004) and was selected to be on it. I was going to be Military Housing to Interior Designer, however, last minute, when we were finalizing details, my husband got deployment papers that sent him away during the filming timeline (just 4 months). My daughter was 18 months then so I couldn't just leave her with grandparents for a month for shooting. I was super excited to get selected, but oh well. It seemed to me, no one filled that slot afterwards. Maybe the show got canceled by then?

FORT Newbie

Hi Laura,

A military woman was chosen to play as a designer. I remember seeing that spisode, was nice

Btw anyone remeber seieng the famrgirl to socialite episode I wrote about above?
    Last edited by sigea; 06-19-2008 at 08:20 AM.

Is it back on?
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Newbie

Thanks for letting me know Sigea! I was looking for it afterwards, but must've missed it... Must search the interwebs for the episode!!! Kinda funny how they chose another military wife - but I guess living on base sure has its decorating challenges! No painting, no carpet (at least on my base), no room!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12