+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Great Domestic Showdown comes to ABC on July 11

The Great Domestic Showdown comes to ABC on July 11

"THE GREAT DOMESTIC SHOWDOWN," THE SEARCH FOR AMERICA'S
    NEXT DOMESTIC DIVA, COMES TO THE ABC TELEVISION NETWORK
    IN A TWO-HOUR, SPECIAL EVENT, SUNDAY, JULY 11

Winner to Receive a Publishing Deal, a National TV Appearance
    And a Chance to Get His or Her Own TV Show!

Adam Carolla Hosts

Sure there are lots of people who claim to be able to create a family dinner with only three ingredients in the cupboard, or who say they can cheerfully host a cocktail party for 50 after spending the day retiling their bathroom. These people possess the certain belief that they run their homes, entertain, decorate and garden... well, better than you. But can they prove it? They are certainly going to try, as the ABC Television Network presents "The Great Domestic Showdown," a nail-biting two-hour competition that will determine who really does it all best. "The Great Domestic Showdown" airs SUNDAY, JULY 11 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Hosted by TV and radio personality Adam Carolla, "The Great Domestic Showdown" will have six contestants prove their skills in decorating, cooking, entertaining, and for the final challenge, event planning. While many may be surprised to see a creator of "The Man Show" and "Crank Yankers" hosting this domestic competition, Carolla feels differently. He formerly made his living as a carpenter and secretly loves to design homes. "I see this as my coming out party," he said. "Not in a gay way, but I certainly wouldn't call it straight."

Judging the intense competition are Sandra Lee, host of the Food Network's "Semi-Homemade"; Robert Verdi, host of Discovery Channel's "Surprise by Design"; and Govind Armstrong, one of LA's top chefs, with the Hollywood elite flocking to his latest restaurant, Table 8. These three celebrity judges will be looking for originality, creativity, resourcefulness and ability to stay within the rules. And each challenge will be timed, adding pressure that will show whether a contestant will fall like a soufflé or shine like a mirror cleaned with the perfect non-toxic mix of vinegar and water.

Contestants have been culled from the worlds of event planning and come from across the country. And they are competing for their dream -- the person who wins the domestic crown will win the ability to share his or her vision of how things should be done through a deal with Hyperion Books, an appearance on "Good Morning America" and a pilot deal for a television show of his or her own.

"The Great Domestic Showdown" comes from feature film producer Barry Josephson, executive producer Mindy Moore and executive producer John Saade, in association with Diplomatic Television.

This program carries a TV-PG,L parental guideline.

i looked on cbs and it doesnt have it scheduled to show? and it still has the casting call thing whats happening?

FORT Fogey
    You're looking at the wrong network... try ABC

ohhhhh sorry guess i got confused cause both have the word domestic diva ahaha sorry

FORT Newbie

Did anybody watch this last night?

Anyone see the show last night?

I did. I liked it a lot! It was funny to watch and I'm glad the "Italian Stallion" won.. I had the short blonde as my favorite along with him, but by the end of the show..I was really hating on her!! I couldn't stand how she was so full of herself!

Also, the sandcastle cake that was made... omg! How cool was that? Zaaam and I are going to have that made (but better) for our wedding. I couldn't believe the couple was "iffy" on whether they liked it or not. Very original and neat to look at.

Anyway..yeah, good show.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Aww darn, I missed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I did. I liked it a lot! It was funny to watch and I'm glad the "Italian Stallion" won.. I had the short blonde as my favorite along with him, but by the end of the show..I was really hating on her!! I couldn't stand how she was so full of herself!

Also, the sandcastle cake that was made... omg! How cool was that? Zaaam and I are going to have that made (but better) for our wedding. I couldn't believe the couple was "iffy" on whether they liked it or not. Very original and neat to look at.

Anyway..yeah, good show.
    I saw it too, though I didn't know it was on and came in a bit late, so I missed the first 20 mins. or so. I was glad that Frank won, though I thought Steve's trailer makeover was gorgeous. Yah that short blonde gal started to grate on me when she started taking credit for everything.

The sandcastle cake was beautiful and Frank got a deal only because of Ryan's connection. I think the couple was iffy because they described a totally different cake to him (they wanted mosaic blue to depict water and glass). The cake was in Frank's theme sand and shells but I think the couple wanted more sand and sea.

Yeah, good show.

AHH! You liked Steve's trailer? It was my second favorite.. the all white motif didn't "do it for me".. Frank's was sooo much better I thought. I was wondering why they only did the inside.. maybe the outside had nothing to do with it though.

Yeah, you're right about the cake. They did say something else.. and yes, Frank was totally LUCKY to have Ryan (annoying one) on his team.

Hopefully they'll have another episode of this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

hm.. which girl said she applied. i want to make sure i see her if she is on there

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast