+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: "Cold Turkey" ~ anyone else hear about this?

I am so happy to see some reality shows that not only award prizes, but are beneficial to your life! The Biggest Loser, I love the show, but think it could use a little "tweeking" on making it a little better. Starting with the host, what's her name, Carolyn Rea, or something like that? I didn't ever like anything she did, or still does, but hey that is just me. I love seeing people improving their health and feeling so good about themselves.

I think this show could be a hit. People like seeing real life struggles, and Lord knows this is one of the biggest. Hang on, gotta put out my cigarette........okay, now where do I sign up?

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Belvasgirl
    I am so happy to see some reality shows that not only award prizes, but are beneficial to your life! The Biggest Loser, I love the show, but think it could use a little "tweeking" on making it a little better. Starting with the host, what's her name, Carolyn Rea, or something like that? I didn't ever like anything she did, or still does, but hey that is just me. I love seeing people improving their health and feeling so good about themselves.

I think this show could be a hit. People like seeing real life struggles, and Lord knows this is one of the biggest. Hang on, gotta put out my cigarette........okay, now where do I sign up?
    I agree about "Biggest Loser" needing some tweaking...... For one thing it really ticks me off that they have to have people who are really putting effort into losing weight leave the show each week. Why not just let everyone stay and continue to compete to see who the biggest loser finally is.......I hated it when they started voting people off.......this is a great chance for all these people to get some good guidance and work-out with professional trainers.....I know they seem to be continuing the regime even after they are voted off but (except for Dave) I was really sorry to see them have to go...the only ones I wanted to see gone were Dave (gone) and Ryan (hopefully gone soon). The rest were very likable and should have been allowed to stay till the end. If they run this series next season I hope they re-vamp it and let everyone stay till the bitter end.

FORT Newbie

Final Show

Wow can't wait for the final episode tonight.... Anyone else watch the whole thing through????? Comments Please..... I love the show!

Oh man, I wish I had seen this! Hubby and I both smoke, and we are both always trying to quit, but if one quits, the other wants them dead, and if we both quit... well, let's just say we tried that and ended up in marriage counseling... which failed... but we started smoking again and everything is fine again.
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

Quote Originally Posted by fundude
    Wow can't wait for the final episode tonight.... Anyone else watch the whole thing through????? Comments Please..... I love the show!
    Well, I will be watching.

I like the fact that in this show noone can be voted off. They all must go the distance. I hope that they all continue their good work and do not start smoking again.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robbied
    I too was glad the smoking girl was only there one night. Some folks on here say you will run into smokers in the real world. That is true, but they will not come into your house and smoke in front of you. Also you will not be locked up with a smoker. They should have told her she had to go outside to smoke, in fact I would have sent her out that night. Side note, I'm still doing good. I quit on Oct. 16th. And after the first 72 hours or so its getting better each day.

Robbie
    GOOD FOR YOU ROBBIE!!! Congratulations! That's just wonderful, I sure hope you're still a 'quitter'! Keep up the good work, no matter what...

Quote Originally Posted by fundude
    As long as it doesn't interfere with my TAR addiction!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    As long as it doesn't interfere with my TAR addiction!
    It wont. Cold Turkey is on right after TAR.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    It wont. Cold Turkey is on right after TAR.
    Good! Then I'll be there with bells on!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Good! Then I'll be there with bells on!
    That is, if there is not some weird west coast scheduling thing going on. So I should qualify my statement and say that on the east coast, Cold Turkey is on right after TAR.

This was a good show.... I think the outcome was about what I expected of everyone, I pretty much had them pegged, who would start smoking and who would remain smoke-free .... the only 2 I guessed wrong was Calvin, I thought for sure he would start smoking again, and Danny .... I thought he would remain smoke-free =(

Francesca's "shocking" departure was not shocking at all, it was predictable, I pretty much knew she would do that .... :-) (funny how she tries to be so unpredictable that she's more predictable than anyone else .... =))

Was a good show, but I hope they have some good major twists for season 2, otherwise I can see it getting boring in the long run I'm willing to give it a shot though =)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

+ Reply to Thread