+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: "Cold Turkey" ~ anyone else hear about this?

FORT Newbie

the host

yea.... i really did not like the host either.....

I saw a commercial for the next episode... Looks like the black girl and the guy with the long hair hook up....

So far My favorite people are the Army Guy and the Gay Guy

I hate girls.... I love that I hate them so much I will watch just to see what happens next.....

I caught this by accident last night, didn't realize it was on even though I've been looking forward to it. Luckily I only missed the first 15 minutes or so, but it sounds like they were interesting so I'll be recording the replay of it just so I can see the surprise beginning. I gotta say, that if I were to quit smoking this would definitely be the way to do it (minus a couple of the EXTREMELLY annoying gals!)! Just to know that you're surrounded by people going thru all the same things you are has to be comforting, and hey, who's to complain about the cash incentive as well!

FORT Newbie
    This will get good when the new housemate shows up blowing smoke in people's faces. I think I would have tossed a bucket of water in her face, and told her its a NO SMOKING house. I would have been pissed too, being tricked like that. The tapes from home was a nice touch "but" I would have felt a bit betrayed if my wife kissed me goodbye and told me to have a good time driving race cars knowing the embarresment and humiliation that lay ahead. Its almost as bad as a loved one or friend setting you up on one of those hidden camera shows, but thats a sermon for another thread.

FORT Newbie

The Host

I was thrilled to see A.J. Benza. He was the host of a show called “Mysteries & Scandals" on E! It was a show that covered the mysteries and scandals involved with celebrity. Most of the episodes were "heavy" in nature, so his seriousness on Cold Turkey didn't surprise me. Maybe he'll loosen up as the show evolves.

I'm also thrilled to find some other folks that are watching this. I read about the premise a long time ago and promptly forgot it. Glad I caught it on the TV schedule!! I did feel a bit bad about their dreams being dashed, but all in all think the majority were good sports about the whole thing. I'm sure the money element added a bit to getting over hurt feelings as quite a few perked up when it was announced.

It's scandalous for them to bring in a smoker and try to tempt the quitters, I guess they'll have to work for that money. The family video's were a nice touch and showed that each of them had someone in their life that cared. All in all a good start.

Will the Doctor is Back

I was psyched about the show til I saw that Will Kirby, the obnoxious doctor from Big Brother 2 is going to be an advisor on the show!!! AGGHHHH the show has lost all credibility for me!!!! He is awfull!!!! He has no business on this show or wearing the white coat. Horrors.

I'm just glad I'm not living with Francesca....lol. Looks like she's abit of a handfull, and when ya add nicotin withdrawals on top of it, wow...

Fun episode though, what can I say, I'm a sucker for good drama
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Ain't that the truth Tig! I don't know that Francesca would have made it thru the first night with me going thru withdrawl and having to listen to her! She'd have probably suffered a fate worse any withdrawl symptoms she could imagine all at my own fingertips! I will give her some props for a good showing during the team competition, but that's about it.

PAX owes me a cleanup of my coffee table cause I hadn't heard that the "Evil Doctor" was going to be part of this and when they did the just after the break preview showing him I spit iced tea absolutely everywhere laughing. Good to see Will, but I just have a hard hard time taking him seriously in his profession.

FORT Fan
    I thought I was going to really get into this show until I saw the previews of the upcoming shows - bringing a smoker to the house, sending them off to gamble - it saddens me to see the show take what should be a serious matter and turn it into a 'game' ...... if they really wanted to help these people quit they could just give them their 'assignments' to make the show interesting without setting them up for failure (bringing the smoker/gambling trip) I would think with 10 people quitting cold turkey there will be plenty of 'entertaining' footage amongst these people - the show need not try to 'spice it up' by trying to sabotage their efforts.......too bad - this could have been a good, entertaining show and helping people quit smoking and salvaging their health in the process - instead it's going to turn into just another lame attempt at getting people to fail.......

FORT Newbie

Will Kirby is a fool

I can not stand that Will Kirby guy.... Was it me, or did he look a whole lot more made up the when he was on Big Brother......????

However, I have to disagree with some of you. I think the fact that these people are being put in the most impossible situations will make them realize that they can quit no matter what. I think the money is just a distraction to keep them focused on something besides the smokes..

Fran..... Oh my God!!!! What is her problem???? I really do like the Old lady still... How funny was it when she stole the bongo drum..... I felt bad for her.

What was the prize they won for the mountain hike? Was it just the $$$$$.

Can't wait to see the next one

I agree that "Dr. Evil" on this show really rubbed me the wrong way. I like the concept (GOD I bet my mom would do this in a heartbeat for the money, must remember to sign her up for next run)...

I thought they would all have more trouble with the endurance challenges, just seemed like the big time smoker with the withdrawls was lagging.

I can't remember the name of this girl, but the one that wanted to rock climb and then pansied out, is it me or does she look anorexic? Maybe smoking isn't her only problem?
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

+ Reply to Thread