+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know about callbacks?

Does anyone know about callbacks?

I just applied for a show. They got my stuff on Thursday. The deadline was supposed to be yesterday (Fri the 18th). They've now extended it to the 25th. So I now have TWO questions:

1. What does it mean when they've extended a deadline? A lot of interest, or hardly any?

2. How long should I realistically hold out hope that I'll get a callback for the next round of interviews? Do they look at the tapes immediately or wait until after the deadline has passed? After the deadline, how long? I know that they will still be having open casting calls as of July 2, too.

I know, that's a lot of stuff to ask, but I'm new to this whole reality TV thing and am just anxious.

What show was it? If you're more specific, someone may be able to help you more.

But generally,
    1. Could be either. The interest may be so great that they extend it, or they aren't seeing many possibilities and want more people to give them options.
    2. They'll probably call after the deadline when they've narrowed down the selections, but this can vary depending on the show as well.

Good luck!

it was the Domestic Diva show. The strange thing (I think) is that they actually called me before I sent in my tape to ask when I'd be sending it. At first I just figured they call everyone, but then DH pointed out that that would be a whole lot of calls. Maybe they liked my application???? I don't really know what to think.

well, im not too sure its ok to announce what show you applied for but oh well.
    when they extend it, that generally means they didn't get enough applications.
    and by that i mean they want lets say at least 100 applicants (im sure they got way more)
    they want some kind of competition to happen among all the applicants. They also want variety.
    it's just like for scholarships. They want some kind of contest to happen.
    so it doesn't mean that the first batch before the extended are unwanted

why isn't it okay to say which one I applied for? Just wondering...... I'm not a finalist or anything. Besides, it's not my name

It's never really a good idea to speak publicly about the application process. Especially on a site where it's pretty widely known that network people hang out. It certainly doesn't help during the casting process.

Oh. I didn't know that... I was just answering a question. Like I said, I'm new to this. I hope I don't hurt my chances, but like I said, I don't use my name as a screen name.

Oh, and I didn't say anything about the process, did I???? I was just asking questions.

FORT Newbie
    Basically, if you aren't chosen, you won't hear anything. Not even a thank you.

If they do call you back, try to look as identical to the first time as you can; wear the same outfit, hairstyle, makeup and accessories. They're more likely to recall "red shirt, khaki shorts, silver ankle bracelet, french braid", than they are "Susie Barnhill from Reseda".

Quote Originally Posted by keemameelia
    Oh. I didn't know that... I was just answering a question. Like I said, I'm new to this. I hope I don't hurt my chances, but like I said, I don't use my name as a screen name.
    keema, I'm confused. I was digging down through old threads and saw this. I thought I saw somewhere recently that you said your screen name was your real name.

By the way, did you ever hear anything back from them?
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast