+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Reality hits little Simpson sister Ashlee

Ashlee's not a horrible actor...better than some singers turned actors (Beyonce, Britney).
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Quote Originally Posted by AIer_admirer
    Ashlee's not a horrible actor...better than some singers turned actors (Beyonce, Britney).
    Ashlee should have really pursued acting since she is so greatly concerned about being compared to Jessica. I will say I do like her look better as a brunette. But hate her bangs. I can not put my finger on what is off about them...

But I give a big thumbs up to her Mother. When Mother Simpson had Ashlee in the bathroom at that photo shoot telling her to stop her bratty ass behavior before she ruined her rep. That the business was a very small world and if it got out Ashlee was a pain in the ass... It would be damage they could not repair.

With all the talent that was used to do Ashlee's album, I would hope it would sell. But it makes me think of the thousands of artist in LA with talent... who are not tone deaf... can't get arrested. Much less make it inside Geffen's inner office's.

But as far as younger sister's cashing in .... there is no one more annoying than the sister to Britney Spears. That is one self center untalented little girl... who has no problem telling the media how much better she is than Britney. LOL!!!! You think the Mother would shut that child up.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    ...the thousands of artist in LA with talent... who are not tone deaf... can't get arrested. Much less make it inside Geffen's inner office's....
    correct. But this is how the biz works. Talent means very little in the equation.

the higher priorities are:

looks

youth

controversy potential / media attention possibility

once yuo get beyond the above, thenthe talent thing comes into play.

Dancing ability is higher than singing ability by a little bit.

Songwriting ability lower than singing

FORT Fogey
    I just watched the episode where Ashlee and her friends went to a ballet class. If I were teaching that class, I would order them out of the room. They were being really disrespectful. This is the worst show I've ever watched. She is such a spoiled brat. And she gets really clingy to her boyfriends who don't look like they're that into her.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    And she gets really clingy to her boyfriends who don't look like they're that into her.

It could be that they are insitinctively backing away from the clinginess ( I know I would)
    or they might be editing their actions for the cameras

Quote Originally Posted by cableguy
    Geffen signed her on sheer 'perceived' star power and the pending reality show on MTV, which was probably already in the works before the Geffen deal. The Simpson's power at MTV is pretty hot at this point.
    She was not signed for her artist's vision, her songwritng or her voice.

The saddest part of this show is listening to Ashlee spout on and on about her direction, songwriting and voice as though this was the reason Geffen wanted her. She is naive enough to not see the truth.

Geffen proves what I am saying by surrounding her with top flight songwriters, producers and other talent. When the results don't pan out, they shuffle in the next crew to try and salvage the project.
    This is standard practice in the industry, create the star like an assembly line product, all the while trying to fool the artist into thinking it was all really their idea and creation.

Case in point:
    When the new songwriter comes in to "help me write my songs", each shot shows that the whole song ( pieces of me) is coming from this other person. They did not show Ashlee contributing anything to the writing of this song, other than giving her impression of what the title meant.

The other very interesting aspect from a production angle is seeing the difference in her real singing versus the finished product. They did a very careful job of massaging the vocal sessions ( singing one line over and over till they get one that is in tune etc), then using computers to correct the pitch and combine all the best parts. Great producers are awesome at massaging the artist's ego and getting some raw material out of the session that can later be assembled like parts on a car!

When they show her singing for real in rehearsals, she can hardly get through a line without sucking. Then she usually blames it on external problems.

I actually think she could develop into a great singer, but she needs more training, more time and less indulgences.

The musicians - I can empathize with the people who have to work with her because they have to try and keep a good attitude when in reality their inner voice is probably screaming "THIS IS BOGUS!"

That girl who wrote Pieces of Me was a great singer when she was coaching the vocal track. I would love to be inside her head while all this is going on!

Geffen will recoup their huge recording /producion/development costs, they knew what the outcome would be going into the deal.
    Excellent post, CableGuy! Thanks for sharing your inside-the-biz info. If this show drives ME this crazy and pisses ME off to no end, it's gotta make people in the biz all that much more crazy! Keep your comments comin'! I'd love to hear more.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by cableguy
    When they show her singing for real in rehearsals, she can hardly get through a line without sucking. Then she usually blames it on external problems.
    That's the part that makes me go, "I could freagin make this record!" The girl cannot sing. I totally agree that the producers are getting her hyped and inside thinking, "Gosh, she freagin sucks!" I like her songs, but really I'd rather hear Avril Lavigne sing them. :rolleyes
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    Ashlee should have really pursued acting since she is so greatly concerned about being compared to Jessica. I will say I do like her look better as a brunette. But hate her bangs. I can not put my finger on what is off about them...
    I do! It's the fact that they start at the back of her freagin head! Watch, notice next time...her bangs start from the top of her head-really weird. The haircut makes her look reallky ugly I think.

I agree with a lot of people that she seems like a spoiled brat. She's always whining to her boyfriends and complaining-she's 19! She acts like a 13 year old. :rolleyes
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

anyone else hate the fact she says atleast 5 times in every episode. I dont want to be like Jessica...whine...whine...whin e, and than goes out of her way to not try and be like Jessica when in fact it is only becasue of Jessica that she has her show, a record ocntrat, and anything else remotley related to show busniess. If yod dont want to be like your sister how about get your own career instead of leeching off hers

Quote Originally Posted by totalwreckage
    If yod dont want to be like your sister how about get your own career instead of leeching off hers
    EXACTLY!

get a van , move to Oklahoma City or New York, go on the road to 'make it' in music like all the other young hopefuls. THAT would be a reality show

+ Reply to Thread