+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality hits little Simpson sister Ashlee

did anyone hear her song Shadow? she makes it sound like she was a neglected child. She is such a brat in my opinion.
    all that shimmers in this world is sure to fade

Quote Originally Posted by *~GymQT~*
    did anyone hear her song Shadow? she makes it sound like she was a neglected child. She is such a brat in my opinion.
    I know..she sings, "Living in a nightmare, a never ending sleep..." Oh brother. Yeah the nightmare of driving $90,000 cars and living on your own at 19 not having to worry about bills because of her sister. Puh-leez! :rolleyes

I'm not a hater-but seriously now-what has she done to deserve all the things and worry free life she has? :phhht On top of it she wants to write a boo hoo song just like GymQT said, as if she was "a neglected child." Her parents are always up her butt so gimme a break.

She pisses me off-On her show all you hear her say is..."I don't know how to sweep/mop/wash lettuce/cut a freagin tomatoe...." If she was so "on her own" and neglected, then she would have learned all these things and know how to do them!!

Don't try to piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. :rolleyes
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kaos

I have no idea what this means but I almost blew a gasket laughing so hard.
    The Simpson parents are so busy pimpin' there kids they forgot to raise them. They should go grab Britney Spears parents and take a vacation together.

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker

I have no idea what this means but I almost blew a gasket laughing so hard.
    The Simpson parents are so busy pimpin' there kids they forgot to raise them. They should go grab Britney Spears parents and take a vacation together.

Britney comment-

My comment basically means don't lie;

She does make it sound like she's so sad, nobody paid attention, blah blah. All you ever see is her parents kissing her butt. On top of it, the girl doesn't know how to sweep? If she was so "on her own" then she should have learned that. It's just obvious that she's a spoiled little girl as dumb as a door knob. She can't even sing either. :rolleyes Have you heard her EXlurker trying to sing on her show? She's constantly messing up and says, "Gosh, I don't know what's wrong with me!" I do-You can't sing idiot! :phhht

I dunno, I just don't like her...I think a lot of people would agree she's pretty annoying and she's not cute either-with her Popeye chin!
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

and she's not cute either-with her Popeye chin!
    I don't think she's that attractive either...I don't know what her little boyfriends see in her...other than she has money, and, oh yeah, she's easy...

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kaos
    Is that part of the title, from a book that the Judge Judy lady wrote? Seems like I recall her saying it was her father's favorite comment... Which is a great line.

I guess I'm the only one who tolerates Ashlee's "music." I honestly liked "Pieces of Me". The one I see it, her first album may crack the top 30 because of the show, but after that, she'll fade away and probably return to acting.

I liked seeing their home videos last night. The camera would often shift to Jess instead when they were both in the same scene. That's gotta be tough. I mean, Ashlee's show is riding the coattails of Newlyweds for goodness sake. Dyeing your hair is no way to separate yourself, but I can understand why she thought it might be.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

I have 30 yrs experience in the music business, including studio production , songwriting.

This series has been irresistable to me because I can see all the forces at work in the music industry.
    some observations:

Geffen signed her on sheer 'perceived' star power and the pending reality show on MTV, which was probably already in the works before the Geffen deal. The Simpson's power at MTV is pretty hot at this point.
    She was not signed for her artist's vision, her songwritng or her voice.

The saddest part of this show is listening to Ashlee spout on and on about her direction, songwriting and voice as though this was the reason Geffen wanted her. She is naive enough to not see the truth.

Geffen proves what I am saying by surrounding her with top flight songwriters, producers and other talent. When the results don't pan out, they shuffle in the next crew to try and salvage the project.
    This is standard practice in the industry, create the star like an assembly line product, all the while trying to fool the artist into thinking it was all really their idea and creation.

Case in point:
    When the new songwriter comes in to "help me write my songs", each shot shows that the whole song ( pieces of me) is coming from this other person. They did not show Ashlee contributing anything to the writing of this song, other than giving her impression of what the title meant.

The other very interesting aspect from a production angle is seeing the difference in her real singing versus the finished product. They did a very careful job of massaging the vocal sessions ( singing one line over and over till they get one that is in tune etc), then using computers to correct the pitch and combine all the best parts. Great producers are awesome at massaging the artist's ego and getting some raw material out of the session that can later be assembled like parts on a car!

When they show her singing for real in rehearsals, she can hardly get through a line without sucking. Then she usually blames it on external problems.

I actually think she could develop into a great singer, but she needs more training, more time and less indulgences.

The musicians - I can empathize with the people who have to work with her because they have to try and keep a good attitude when in reality their inner voice is probably screaming "THIS IS BOGUS!"
    That girl who wrote Pieces of Me was a great singer when she was coaching the vocal track. I would love to be inside her head while all this is going on!

Geffen will recoup their huge recording /producion/development costs, they knew what the outcome would be going into the deal.

Ashlee's long term success depends on her ability to develop HERSELF into a real artist over the next year or so.
    What do you all think the odds of that are?

(I won't even comment on her self centered brat girl crap, I will leave that to the rest of you.)

Quote Originally Posted by cableguy
    Ashlee's long term success depends on her ability to develop HERSELF into a real artist over the next year or so.
    What do you all think the odds of that are?
    I think it is possible. With the music market today being famous (or a famous person's sibling) alone sells. So as long as young kids are gonna keep buying CDs she might even make it. I just don't think she deserves nor appreciates all that she's been given.

But I think her problem will always stay the same. It's funny how she seems to feel like she's always been in the shadow of Jessica. Yet by choosing the same path she is choosing a lifetime of still being compared to her instead of finding her own thing.
    By watching a bit of this show I have a feeling music isn't really what she wants. She is just a confused teenager with no real direction in life but to follow other people's footsteps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindirella
    By watching a bit of this show I have a feeling music isn't really what she wants. She is just a confused teenager with no real direction in life but to follow other people's footsteps.

that is an excellent point. when the going gets tough, she starts saying " I don't even care if I make a record" , " I could be doing movies"

+ Reply to Thread