+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Reality hits little Simpson sister Ashlee

I was when Ashlee's mother was scared half to death when the radio came on really loud.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindirella
    I think it is possible. With the music market today being famous (or a famous person's sibling) alone sells. So as long as young kids are gonna keep buying CDs she might even make it. I just don't think she deserves nor appreciates all that she's been given.
    Actually, celeb siblings are rarely if at all successful. What i do know now is that most of these female celeb sibs seem to be on the become-a-brunette bandwagon to be seen as a separate entity from their much more polular siblings.

As for ashlee, i did see most of her show, it was alright i suppose. She isn't punk, she's pop or a little pop rock. More the former. Though Avril has more talent.

What i did miss though was when that kid josh broke up with her.

About newlyweds, boring show, all they ever do is lay in front of the pool sunning themselves and having jessica make herself look stupid. Which imo makes her stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    About newlyweds, boring show, all they ever do is lay in front of the pool sunning themselves and having jessica make herself look stupid.
    Why don't they ever show Nick working? Or does he not work? All he ever does is goes on vacation.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I noticed in last weeks ep that he and jess' father don't seem to have much of a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    Actually, celeb siblings are rarely if at all successful. What i do know now is that most of these female celeb sibs seem to be on the become-a-brunette bandwagon to be seen as a separate entity from their much more polular siblings.
    That is probably true, but I bet the rate of celeb-siblings' successes far outweighs those who were completely unknown in the beginning. Does anyone really think Ashlee would've had a record deal if she did NOT have a famous sister? I highly doubt it.

Ah, nepotism.

Quote Originally Posted by Flora
    That is probably true, but I bet the rate of celeb-siblings' successes far outweighs those who were completely unknown in the beginning. Does anyone really think Ashlee would've had a record deal if she did NOT have a famous sister? I highly doubt it.

Ah, nepotism.
    Nope, and I think Ashlee knows this. "Shadow", while a decent song, doesn't make me feel bad for her. Jessica's popularity knocked the door down for both Ashlee's record and TV show.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Quote Originally Posted by Marley
    Why don't they ever show Nick working? Or does he not work? All he ever does is goes on vacation.
    I tend to think that is done on purpose. After that show where it was finally made clear that Jessica's father does not like Nick... it said alot to me about why Nick is never shown doing anything but lounging. Father Simpson is going out of his way to make Nick look like a bum. (Keeping in mind Nick has sold 10 million records... and exactly how many did Jessica sell before they were married??? ummmmm)

I always thought Jessica's father had a unhealthy obsessive behavior about her in general & her sex life. Its clear, Father Simpson does not care for Nick and seems to go out of his way to show it. Yet I notice Mother Simpson just adores Nick... and is always really nice to him.

I have notice even when they are all together as a family, Jessica's father just flat out ignores Nick. I am also beginning to wonder who is Nick's manager... and why he is not got Nick out more doing PR.

I bet Nick has had a hell of a time with Father Simpson, since marrying Jessica. But Nick gets alot of credit from me for putting up with it. I suspect Jessica's father is still controlling her money which couldn't be too thrilling for Nick to have to deal with that. (On top of the fact her father controls Jessica's life for the most part.)

Well, yesterday I caught Ashlee's show finale, and I know part of this is because I'm PMSing and just feeling emotional , but I actually felt happy about Ashlee's accomplishment, albeit it was given to her on a silver platter and she was just along for the ride, but it's kinda neat seeing it to completion and it being such a success. When she received her platinum album thingy, I teared up! (Again, this doesn't leave this thread people!) I haven't bought the CD yet ... and probably won't, as I, too, have a hard time giving my money to that family. But I ended up enjoying the season finale. Ashlee seemed gracious and excited, and she was extremely kind to her fans. It's like her immaturity was taken down a notch or two. Maybe she saw herself on the earlier shows and realized what an idiot she was coming off as? Who knows.

OT: I watched VH1's show called "Hulk Hogan Stage Dad" .... and that gorgeous, sweet, talented daughter of his will hopefully go far! That girl can sing! She climbed the ladder of success the right way; singing the national anthem at football and baseball games, etc., and playing the piano in her bedroom, singing, and dancing constantly. And I loved their relationship. Brought tears to my eyes. He was loving, supportive, encouraging, and would get tears in his eyes when she'd sing. Ashlee, Jessica and Pa Simpson should take lessons from Hulk Hogan and his family! I really recommend this show! If you haven't seen it yet, you'd really like it.

Last edited by Rumpshaker; 08-06-2004 at 12:06 PM. Reason: I'm anal about spelling
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Premium Member
    Well I um...acquired Ashlee's CD earlier this week and it wasn't too bad. Not really my thing but it was better than I expected. I would definitely listen to it any day over Jessica's crappy ballads and butchered 80s covers. :phhht

Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    I always thought Jessica's father had a unhealthy obsessive behavior about her in general & her sex life.
    Really? Why do you think?
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

+ Reply to Thread