+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Reality hits little Simpson sister Ashlee

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpshaker
    Shhh, this never leaves this thread!:

Really it's actually good AIWANNABE? I might give it a chance sometime.. I didn't think I'd like that song from Faking the Video either and I'm still listening to the darn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    Really it's actually good AIWANNABE? I might give it a chance sometime.. I didn't think I'd like that song from Faking the Video either and I'm still listening to the darn thing.
    I don't know where you live, but at the local FYE and Borders they have devices where you get the CD, scan the barcode, and you can listen to 30 seconds of each of the songs, and I think that could give you a good idea on if you would like it. You can also check out Amazon.com for 30 second clips of a couple of the songs. And if you decide to buy through amazon.com go through the FORT, because the FORT gets a little bit from whatever you buy. The average review from amazon.com gives it 4.5/5 stars, if that means anything. I lot of the songs on the CD are played on the show. So if you like what they play during the show, I suggest checking it out.

Shhh, but I still listen to the 'Faking the Video' song as well.

Ashlee's single has been getting alot of airtime around here...way more than Jessica gets. I, too, hate to admit it, but I do like her single...now, buying her CD? I don't know if I'm quite there yet.

I simply cannot stand Jessica Simpson. The girl is spoiled beyond belief, and I wouldn't want her CD if they were giving it away. She's also clearly always been the favorite of her family, very sickening..... Ashlee seems to be a little more independent, which I like.

I think I will keep my professional nature and steer clear from her music. It still sounds really grating on my ears.

I, too, kind of want to buy the CD. The songs are extremely catchy and my style of music. However... the thought of paying Ashlee by buying her CD makes me ill. Maybe I'll burn a copy off of someone else, but I'll be damned if I spend my hard-earned cash on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Though maybe this person went a little overboard with Ashlee praise, but Ashlee's CD is simply amazing. It is so not professional it is good. Her songs such as 'Pieces of Me', 'Surrender', 'La-la', and 'Autobiography' have such a catchy beat they are hard not to like.

Of course Ashlee is not for everybody, so I am not saying everybody should love Ashlee, but it is definetly a CD worth listening to.
    What it makes me wonder is how many of those CD's did Amazon sell? Its that old rule of never bite the hand that feeds you... And Ashlee is selling alot of CD's.

I will say this... and keeping in mind I live in Dallas and have heard both songs (Pieces & Shadow) hourly for the last month on the local radio station... Ashlee's songs do not grind my last nerve like Britney Spears.

Quote Originally Posted by Flora
    I, too, kind of want to buy the CD. The songs are extremely catchy and my style of music. However... the thought of paying Ashlee by buying her CD makes me ill. Maybe I'll burn a copy off of someone else, but I'll be damned if I spend my hard-earned cash on it.
    Now Flora, you tell us how you REALLY feel, why don't you?
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kaos
    Now Flora, you tell us how you REALLY feel, why don't you?
    I try!

huh?

I am not sure how Ashlee even GOT this show (wait a minute, yes I am...MTV is keeping the "Simpson cash machine" rolling)...I have tried to watch it as all good reality TV fans do, but I just can't do it! I can't take looking at her hair and wondering why she did that to herself??? I imagine she wanted to separate her identity from Jessica's, but ouch! That's not a very flattering hair color for her...I feel bad, but count me out on this show. :phhht
    You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em...

Ashlee sold another 269,000 units, bringing its two-week total to over 667,000 units. Now That's What I Call Music! 16 pushed Ashlee down to second place, as Now! 16 sold 504,000 units for the fifth-best debut of the year. One of Jessica's songs is on Now! 16, so you could say she had some part in taking her sister off the top spot.

+ Reply to Thread