+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Reality hits little Simpson sister Ashlee

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    I can't stand how she lisps "Pweices of me-uh"....drives me bat$hit.
    Thanks Tex, I can't get that song and her singing out of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by ping007
    like, omg, you're so annoying!!

I'm confused at how well her album is selling or how this show is still being aired.
    Well there will be more shows.... Ashlee was on Ryan Seacrest this week & she mention that MTV had decided to do another season of her show.

The most startling thing to me is how truly un-gifted Ashlee is with the singing... and she is kicking Jessica's butt all over the place. Just goes to show that if MTV gets behind an artist... no matter how untalented... we get a new Super Star!!!

*takes a bow*

How about a nice rousing round of "You make me wanna LAA-Laaah...."
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Anyone could be singing these songs that were written for Ashlee. And we all know Ashlee didn't contribute anything to the songwriting process, unless you count her sitting there and yawning or yelling at her dad. Just irks me. Nothing original about her.

And her song "Shadow" annoys me. Yes, it's so difficult having a rich, famous older sister who buys her a fancy Lexus, a huge TV, and her own apartment. :phhht

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Is she going to go to the doctor everytime she has a bad performance? That doctor must be rakin' in the dough. It's not something wrong with her throat, it's something wrong with her voice.......it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    Is she going to go to the doctor everytime she has a bad performance? That doctor must be rakin' in the dough. It's not something wrong with her throat, it's something wrong with her voice.......it sucks.
    I know! My husband really can't stand her. He says "I work so freagin hard...and this girl, she can't even sing and she's driving a $90,000. car!?"

This record company wants to benefit on that she's already famous cause of her sister.

I also must agree with many of you, the way she sings "Pieces of Me" gets on my nerves! It's more like she's saying, "Pwieces uh may."

I just don't like her. She seems ungrateful and she's always blaming the fact that she can't sing on "I lost my voice...I'm stressed...my dad!" Gimme a break. You can't sing-just admit it. :rolleyes Personally, I even like Hilary Duff better.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

At least Hilary Duff knows she's in the Britney circle rather than the punk/rock circle Ashlee believes she's in, which leads me to believe she knows the limitations of her voice on some level. Hilary's also probably nicer to her folks, but wisely she isn't sharing her life with us, we'll never know unless she too does a reality show!
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    Well there will be more shows.... Ashlee was on Ryan Seacrest this week & she mention that MTV had decided to do another season of her show.

The most startling thing to me is how truly un-gifted Ashlee is with the singing... and she is kicking Jessica's butt all over the place. Just goes to show that if MTV gets behind an artist... no matter how untalented... we get a new Super Star!!!
    GUH!!! I saw that episode of Seacrest and I couldn't believe how bad she was, she just can't sing at all. I don't care for Jessica's songs either, but I do think she's a pretty good singer. And Ashlee is selling more records? Uh....

I'm going to put my foot through the screen if she doesn't stop calling herself "punk". Um a "punk" would be writing their own songs and playing instruments. Go away. :phhht

She should have stayed on 7th Heaven. She wasn't too bad on the show and could have probably gotten other parts on the WB later. Bleh.

A review of Ashlee Simpson's CD, Autobiography from Amazon.com:

.......Some try to put out a catchy CD with great lyrics, but few actually succeed. This album will stand the test of time.

Yes, the lyrics are simple and to the point, so what's wrong with that? Nothing. Why be complex just to be complex? I'm not into fake enlightenment and neither is Ashlee. In fact she says, "I'm a simple girl in a complex world." No need for translation here. It's self explanatory.

Every song is fantastic. And no, I'm not a teenager. Far from it. I can't even remember that last time I've enjoyed a Pop CD so much, probably high school. I've got all the current stuff and no one even comes close to Ashlee Simpson's Autobiography. People should be taking notes, because this CD is vintage Pop/Rock.

Autobiography has set the standard high. Pop music just got a whole lot better and a little bit more exciting because of Ashlee Simpson, and I'm so grateful.
    Though maybe this person went a little overboard with Ashlee praise, but Ashlee's CD is simply amazing. It is so not professional it is good. Her songs such as 'Pieces of Me', 'Surrender', 'La-la', and 'Autobiography' have such a catchy beat they are hard not to like.

Of course Ashlee is not for everybody, so I am not saying everybody should love Ashlee, but it is definetly a CD worth listening to.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Though maybe this person went a little overboard with Ashlee praise, but Ashlee's CD is simply amazing. It is so not professional it is good. Her songs such as 'Pieces of Me', 'Surrender', 'La-la', and 'Autobiography' have such a catchy beat they are hard not to like.

Of course Ashlee is not for everybody, so I am not saying everybody should love Ashlee, but it is definetly a CD worth listening to.
    I can't help but drink the Kool-aid on this show. I don't understand it! I love watching the show, yet I wanna strangle the spoiled little Ashlee. Then, I found myself searching for her CD while at Target yesterday. Luckily my 14-year-old daughter intervened ... just in time. But I think I'll sneak out Monday and buy it ... I'll just have to destroy the plastic CD case and hide it in my car!

Shhh, this never leaves this thread!:
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

+ Reply to Thread