+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Reality hits little Simpson sister Ashlee

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedONE
    You know what bothers me more? VH1 saying she is having the best week ever on "Best Week Ever". Thanks Viacom shameless promotion.
    Oh my Gaaaa! What was THAT about? VH1 ... um, please don't encourage her, k?
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Anybody else notice how much Ashlee and Jessica complain when they are working? I knew a guy who had to clean the bathrooms at the beach that didn't complain about work as much as these two. I'll give them a little credit and say that shooting commercials and videos is not as easy as it seams but give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    Anybody else notice how much Ashlee and Jessica complain when they are working? I knew a guy who had to clean the bathrooms at the beach that didn't complain about work as much as these two. I'll give them a little credit and say that shooting commercials and videos is not as easy as it seams but give me a break.
    No kidding! There are people who would kill to be in her position! She's doing commercials, making her own record with the best producers in the business, AND she has the privilage of turning down offers for movie roles. It's not as if she actually "worked" to get these opportunities. She is so unappreciative it makes me ill.

Get prepared!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpshaker
    Oh my Gaaaa! What was THAT about? VH1 ... um, please don't encourage her, k?
    Well appearantly it has all worked out for Ashlee... even with her endless bitching and moaning...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...sic_simpson_dc

LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - Ashlee Simpson debut album is in line to replace Jimmy Buffett atop the U.S. pop albums chart when sales data are issued Wednesday.

Based on first-day numbers from retailers, 19-year-old Simpson's "Autobiography" (Geffen Records) will reach No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with sizzling sales of 320,000-350,000 copies for the week ended July 25.

That will not only beat the new Van Halen hits set, predicted to start at about 150,000, but also the best numbers of Ashlee's older sister, Jessica Simpson. The latter's career peaks came earlier this year when a special edition of "In This Skin" sold 159,500 copies in its first week, good for No. 2.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that is what MTV can do for anyone's career if they chose to... yet MTV chose not to get behind Nick's album. I guess he was signed with a label that did not benefit MTV.

Quote Originally Posted by Flora
    No kidding! There are people who would kill to be in her position! She's doing commercials, making her own record with the best producers in the business, AND she has the privilage of turning down offers for movie roles. It's not as if she actually "worked" to get these opportunities. She is so unappreciative it makes me ill.
    Here is what I find just bizarre with the whole Pizza Hut commercial thing.

The stylist was dressing Ashlee like a boy... and that offended Ashlee.

Yet a week earlier Ashlee was moaning about how she like dressing like a boy and did not want to wear anything remotely flattering for her first photo shoot.

I give it a year... she is going to p*ss off the right person and she will be out on her ear. I have never seen anyone that young who just does not appreciate how easy she got what she has... and thinks she is owed some kind of perfect wonderful life.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    Well appearantly it has all worked out for Ashlee... even with her endless bitching and moaning...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...sic_simpson_dc

LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - Ashlee Simpson debut album is in line to replace Jimmy Buffett atop the U.S. pop albums chart when sales data are issued Wednesday.

Based on first-day numbers from retailers, 19-year-old Simpson's "Autobiography" (Geffen Records) will reach No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with sizzling sales of 320,000-350,000 copies for the week ended July 25.

That will not only beat the new Van Halen hits set, predicted to start at about 150,000, but also the best numbers of Ashlee's older sister, Jessica Simpson. The latter's career peaks came earlier this year when a special edition of "In This Skin" sold 159,500 copies in its first week, good for No. 2.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that is what MTV can do for anyone's career if they chose to... yet MTV chose not to get behind Nick's album. I guess he was signed with a label that did not benefit MTV.
    Her music's alright, but heavily "docked up." They can make almost anyone sound good in the studio. Ashlee has been lip synching, maybe because her voice is in danger, maybe because she can't sing live. At least Jessica sounds good a capella.

They've been promoting her album like crazy so I'm not surprised. I will be surprised if she releases a 2nd album and does well. She still has a lot of catching up to do.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

I know I said I wasn't going to watch this show, but I did see two episodes last weekend. Was she lip syncing during her first show? It looked like she was and there is no way in heck that she sounded like that when all of her rehearsals and everywhere else she sounds like total garbage. What's with the dad? Instead of Daddy Simpson he should be Daddy Pimpsthem. And to make matters worse my niece really wants Ashlee's cd. :rolleyes
    Ludicrous speed!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I don't watch this show, but she was on Ryan Seacrest's show the other day. She said that she will be doing another season :rolleyes Goody gum drops we are subjected to her for another season :rolleyes
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Why? I can understand the first season, what with her doing her demo and all. But a second season just doesn't make sense!!!

Ashlee got a decent review from EW and other reviewers. Something tells me Jess will release another album...the competition is on.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

I am shocked that her cd did so well this week. I thought for sure it would bomb.

And yes, she was lip-synching. The ENTIRE show. If you say you're a rocker and punk and all that (which no one believes anyway), you better actually SING. Otherwise you're just pulling a Britney and lip-synching all the songs people wrote for you like a pop princess. :rolleyes

+ Reply to Thread