+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Reality hits little Simpson sister Ashlee

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kaos
    I do! It's the fact that they start at the back of her freagin head! Watch, notice next time...her bangs start from the top of her head-really weird. The haircut makes her look reallky ugly I think.
    I need to look closer now! I just could not figure out what was wrong with those bangs. Now I don't have anything against bangs... what I could not figure out was why Ashlee's looked so "off".

I can't recall where I saw the pictures of her and Jessica... of them together. Maybe taken 2 years ago. They both had gorgeous hair. Neither one of them had bangs... and wore their hair long and straight with a little curl here and there. It really compliment their faces and looked so healthy.

I guess some flakely hair stylist got a hold of them and chopped their hair all the hell. Neither one of them have haircuts that really compliment them. (I never have understood that weird choppy hair cut that looks ragged on the edge's.)

Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    I guess some flakely hair stylist got a hold of them and chopped their hair all the hell. Neither one of them have haircuts that really compliment them. (I never have understood that weird choppy hair cut that looks ragged on the edge's.)
    I was thinking that same thing! Somebody really messed up her hair.

I agree, I like softer, prettier haircuts; where it makes your hair look healthy! Not damaged.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    Ashlee should have really pursued acting since she is so greatly concerned about being compared to Jessica. I will say I do like her look better as a brunette. But hate her bangs. I can not put my finger on what is off about them...

But I give a big thumbs up to her Mother. When Mother Simpson had Ashlee in the bathroom at that photo shoot telling her to stop her bratty ass behavior before she ruined her rep. That the business was a very small world and if it got out Ashlee was a pain in the ass... It would be damage they could not repair.

With all the talent that was used to do Ashlee's album, I would hope it would sell. But it makes me think of the thousands of artist in LA with talent... who are not tone deaf... can't get arrested. Much less make it inside Geffen's inner office's.

But as far as younger sister's cashing in .... there is no one more annoying than the sister to Britney Spears. That is one self center untalented little girl... who has no problem telling the media how much better she is than Britney. LOL!!!! You think the Mother would shut that child up.
    If Ashlee would've stuck with acting, she would've at least had 2 seasons of 7th Heaven under her belt. That's nothing to sneeze at. Most young WB actors star in at least 1 other series before leaving the network (closet WB fan here!) Some networks will take care of you as long as your name carries some amount of weight (Chad Michael Murray being a prime example).

Britney's mom eerily resembles Ashlee's mom in the looks department, but I agree that Ashlee's mom is more practical. I have to give her some props now and again, like Jessica being careful with certain finances (though Nick may have something to do with that) and letting Ashlee do things on her own now and again (she should invest in an alarm clock if she can't wake up on time). And brace yourself, Jamie Lynn Spears is getting her own TV show! Another similarity.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Quote Originally Posted by cableguy
    correct. But this is how the biz works. Talent means very little in the equation.

the higher priorities are:

looks

youth

controversy potential / media attention possibility

once yuo get beyond the above, thenthe talent thing comes into play.

Dancing ability is higher than singing ability by a little bit.

Songwriting ability lower than singing
    This is so true. The one that irks me is dancing ability before singing ability. Apparently, Ashlee's a pretty good dancer, and could've did that, too. Of course, the pop world doesn't focus on merely dancers that much anymore. You have to sing/ "sing" too.
    Last edited by AIer_admirer; 07-19-2004 at 03:17 PM.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

I saw Ashlee this morning on GMA... singing. And believe it or not... she sang that song on key! She had one tiny moment where she did not carry out a note very well. That I am sure no one else notice. LOL! After watching her "trying" to sing last week. I was really paying attention at this performance. But she did really well. She just look dumb in what she was wearing.

And her hair... today... looked even more bizarre. It looked like a wig that was sitting too far back on her head. I am going to pray for her to get a new hair stylist. Just so someone will fix her bangs!

Quote Originally Posted by cableguy
    Great producers are awesome at massaging the artist's ego and getting some raw material out of the session that can later be assembled like parts on a car!
    That was a great post, cableguy. But does this mean that Eminem (whom I love) is really the product of Dr. Dre?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

ouch!

Not a positive review for the album...

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/r...isten-up_x.htm

Ashlee Simpson, Autobiography (* )

Having parlayed big sister Jessica's notoriety into her own MTV series and record deal, 19-year-old Simpson seems determined to prove that she is as wild as her sibling is vapid. "You can dress me up in dirt/You can throw me like a lineman/I like it better when it hurts," sings this product of a Baptist upbringing on the breathless La La. Other tracks are more ... well, introspective is a strong word for lyrics such as "Got bruises on my heart/And sometimes I get dark."

Ashlee isn't as vocally talented as her elder sibling, but let's remember that neither Jessica's beauty nor her singing is what made her an icon. In today's shallow, prurient pop culture, the younger Simpson's sheer shamelessness may be enough to put her over the top. —Gardner

You know MTV is really pushing the publicity for the album quite a bit. Showing their "The Leak" promos after almost every show that they have on the channel. Overexposure won't help this album because as much as you shine crap you can't get make it sparkle.

And some one please stop her from saying that she is punk music, PLEASE. People who have to validate themselves through their music are usually fakes. Just like Avril Lavigne or J-Lo (the proclaimed Bronx girl who lives in mansions and is a super beeyotch).

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Her hair really really bothers me....
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

You know what bothers me more? VH1 saying she is having the best week ever on "Best Week Ever". Thanks Viacom shameless promotion.

+ Reply to Thread