+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dodgeball Hits Times Square

Dodgeball Hits Times Square

June 14, 2004 -- Prepare to duck. "Ex treme Dodgeball" has come to Times Square.
    The Game Show Network GSN set up a giant inflatable dodgeball court this morning on ABC's "Good Morning America" for a match between hosts Diane Sawyer and Charlie Gibson and the "Dodgeball" teams.

The show's commentator, Zach Selwyn ESPN's "Dream Job" winner was on hand, as well as its sideline reporter, "Survivor" Jerri Manthey.

The court will be set up again tomorrow at South Street Seaport for the public, who can play against members from the series, including "The Sumo Storm" (Sumo Wrestlers), "Stallion Battalion" (horse jockeys) and "Certified Public Assassins (CPAs).

The GSN show premieres tomorrow at 10 p.m.

Post wire reports
    http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/25589.htm

NYPOST:

June 15, 2004 -- LEGGY "Good Morning America" co-host Diane Sawyer hugged a playground rubber ball and grinned yesterday during one of three quick games of extreme dodgeball in front of the morning show's Times Square studio.
    During the game, Sawyer teamed up with weatherman Tony Perkins against co-host Charlie Gibson and news anchor Robin Roberts. They were joined by some of the wacky teams competing in cable's GSN (formerly the Game Show Network) "Extreme Dodgeball" league.

Sawyer and Perkins won the contest, taking two of the three games.

Among the league's various teams, phony sumo wrestlers take on teams of mimes, jockeys, CPA nerds and health nut bodybuilders.

The new cable show kicks off tonight at 10 and is part of a growing adult dodgeball craze.

Besides various adult dodgeball leagues that have become popular around the U.S. in the last few years, a new dodgeball movie, "Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story" unrelated to the cable series starring Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn is slated to open Friday.

Yesterday's "GMA" match took place in an inflatable dodgeball arena that was set up on the tiny island between Broadway and 7th Avenue, the longtime home to a U.S. military recruiting station.

Don Kaplan

http://nypost.com/entertainment/25682.htm

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I think it was on Comedy Central..but they were promoting the Dodgeball movie (which I can't wait to see) and they had dodgeball games going on.. how fun!!! Watching people play the game totally brings me back to my childhood. I would love to play now.

Watch.. the next Olympics will have Dodgeball as a competition.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread