+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your OWN Reality TV Show Idea Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    "Pimp My Room"-instead of cars, pimp rooms.
    MTV already did that with celebrities surprising their fans with a room makeover.

How about a reality fashion designer show? The show would be targeted to "up and coming" fashion designers in which every week brings on a new project. The project is modeled and judged by people in the fashion industry leading to an elimination each week. The finale winner gets their own fashion show, designer contract, and a leg up into the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    MTV already did that with celebrities surprising their fans with a room makeover.
    Really? I thought they just made over their rooms like a celebritie's room.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Really? I thought they just made over their rooms like a celebritie's room.
    I forgot what the show was called. It was really cool...they even gave each fan's room a plasma TV. Great idea though.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by blueoakleyz
    Where, after the duel, the person that is left actually beats Mad Dog....and it is revealed that Mad Dog is actually Matthew Kennedy Smith of JOE SCHMO SHOW Season #1....and that this MAD DOG McGEE show was all a cover for JOE SCHMO SEASON #3
    I think you mean Matt Kennedy Gould? I stared at that name for the longest time trying to figure out what was wrong with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Burntcrow
    What about a show where people who never had a chance to go to college are given the opportunity? The show could have a diverse number of people including minorites, mothers, older people, poor folks, ex-cons and what not...
    That would be great on an Extreme Makeover:Home Edition kind of way to really help people while making good TV. The problem is it would take too long. Four years to film the show... It could work though, you get a bunch of people who start college and they have to live in dorm rooms with roommates and dorm cams. The film crews would follow them around occasionally, do weekly one on one interviews, etc. Their expenses would be paid for by the producers. Then at the end of the first semester the x number of people with the highest grades get scholarships to finish their degrees. Or even give everyone who gets a set GPA a scholarship.

Most reality shows seem to like short seasons, but they could set up on two or three different campuses to give some variety and focus on (but not exclusively) each one in turn each week. They could also broadcast while the filming is going on and have live web feeds of the dorm cams, etc.

I like it, the more I think about it the more I like it. Probably not game showy enough though, I mean what twists are they going to introduce? "OK Nancy, you've been taking Biology 104 all term but you're going to have to take the Physics 104 final instead"?

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Burntcrow
    What about a show where people who never had a chance to go to college are given the opportunity? The show could have a diverse number of people including minorites, mothers, older people, poor folks, ex-cons and what not...

Although this would be really mean, and the end of each semester 2 or 3 people with the lowest grades would be eliminated...Then, when the show is down to three contestants, a panel of judges would decide who gets to continue...

I know the elimination-style show would not work, but it is just an idea...
    Thats very clever....

Perhaps they are all gathered together in the "KAPPA HOUSE" or something like that, I would not call it a Fraternity/Sorority, but something close on those lines where the house is located near a major college town and from there, yes, they pick these diverse groups of people to come live together and stuff.

Good idea.
    Yes, I am DKR.

Survivor ALL STARS was like the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy, at the beginning. IT was an unbeatable idea, had so much potential it was ridiculous.

But bad casting and decisions on both Mark Burnetts and George Lucas's parts have completely ****** Up the entire story.

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    How about a reality fashion designer show?
    Nice idea, WomynLee. You might be happy to know that Bravo is doing a show like that in the Fall, called "Project Runway."

Also, for pin0yb0y, Bravo will be doing a male model search called "Manhunt," also slated for Fall 2004.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    That would be great on an Extreme Makeover:Home Edition kind of way to really help people while making good TV. The problem is it would take too long. Four years to film the show... It could work though, you get a bunch of people who start college and they have to live in dorm rooms with roommates and dorm cams. The film crews would follow them around occasionally, do weekly one on one interviews, etc. Their expenses would be paid for by the producers. Then at the end of the first semester the x number of people with the highest grades get scholarships to finish their degrees. Or even give everyone who gets a set GPA a scholarship.

Most reality shows seem to like short seasons, but they could set up on two or three different campuses to give some variety and focus on (but not exclusively) each one in turn each week. They could also broadcast while the filming is going on and have live web feeds of the dorm cams, etc.

I like it, the more I think about it the more I like it. Probably not game showy enough though, I mean what twists are they going to introduce? "OK Nancy, you've been taking Biology 104 all term but you're going to have to take the Physics 104 final instead"?
    hmm...I like your added scholarship idea...i think the interesting part would be to see who actually makes it through and who has to drop out...

FORT Newbie
    I've had an idea for a show I'd like to call "Treasure Hunters."

It would kinda be an "Amazing Race" meets "Rat Race" (anyone else remember that semi-funny movie from a few years back?) with a little "Romancing the Stone" vibe as well.

The premise: 8 pairs of treasure hunters compete to find a million dollar prize, hidden somewhere in the world. Each pair starts with a fixed budget, probably $5,000, and a few standard tools of the trade (GPS locators, metal detectors, etc.). In the first episode, each pair is given part of a treasure map, and a clue. They must race around the world to gather more clues, and more pieces of the treasure map, from "hidden treasure" locations. The first pair to each "hidden treasure" location would also collect a cash prize hidden there, ranging from $500 to $5,000. These cash prizes can be used to supplement their initial budget.

Pairs would be allowed to work together if they choose, and are even allowed to switch partners if they find someone else's partner more to their liking. Stealing clues, supplies, and even cash, from each other is also allowed, if they can get away with it. Ulitmately, however, only one team could win the million dollars.

Teams are allowed to spend their money on anything from transportation and supplies to day laborers to excavate treasure sites for them. Teams are eliminated as they run out of money--so it might go a few episodes before anyone is actually eliminated, and more than one team could potentially drop out in any given episode.

I think it would be a wild ride.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast