+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coming soon to ABC: Extreme Makeover: [your hometown] Edition

Coming soon to ABC: Extreme Makeover: [your hometown] Edition

THE ABC TELEVISION NETWORK ANNOUNCES
    AFFILIATE OUTREACH PROGRAM THAT BUILDS ON
    THE SUCCESS OF "EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION"

Stations Invited to Organize Community Improvement Projects with
    "Extreme Makeover: My Hometown"

Building on the concept of the hit series "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," Mike Benson and Marla Provencio, senior vice presidents, Marketing, ABC Entertainment, today announced a program entitled "Extreme Makeover: My Hometown" that will allow affiliates to bring the show's concept of changing the lives of people in need to their local markets. This announcement was made during a presentation to executives of ABC's owned and affiliated stations. "Extreme Makeover: My Hometown" invites stations to identify and host a makeover in their community the weekend of September 25-26.

This community outreach program is designed to allow affiliates to capitalize on the "EMHE" name, while allowing both the station and its viewers to do positive work in their neighborhood. Stations will not be restricted as to what can be made over. A community basketball court can be repaved; a park can be replanted; a school or nursing home can be spruced up; or, as in the series, a single family home can be chosen for a total overhaul. There will also be no limitations on how projects are selected. Stations can promote a call for submissions from viewers or reach out to a non-profit group for suggestions.

To support the affiliates, ABC will provide marketing tools like an "Extreme Makeover: My Hometown" logo and create introductions for PSAs by the stars of "EMHE."

"Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" is produced by Endemol USA. David Goldberg is President of Endemol USA. The series is executive produced by Tom Forman and Craig Armstrong.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    That sounds like it could do a bit of good. But I wonder who's footing the bill?
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    That sounds like it could do a bit of good. But I wonder who's footing the bill?
    J.Lo.

+ Reply to Thread