+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lizzie Grubman To Have An Apprentice-Like Show On MTV

Lizzie Grubman To Have An Apprentice-Like Show On MTV

NYPOST:

June 9, 2004 -- PUBLICITY princess Lizzie Grubman is close to turning her Manhattan-based PR powerhouse into the next big reality show.
    "Power Girls" — a new series described as "The Apprentice" meets "Sex & the City" — is currently in production at MTV.

For the pilot, Grubman allowed camera crews to follow her and the staff of her public relations firm for weeks.

Filming locations so far have included, a source close to the project said, hot spots in Manhattan and the Hamptons — where Grubman and her posse of twenty-something staffers control a good portion of the trendier nightlife hangouts.

MTV officials have yet to decide if they'll pick up the series — it's still under consideration as a pilot.

"The focus is on the ins and outs of public relations and how their company works," a source said yesterday, adding that a portion of the show may spotlight some of Grubman's interns and their coming of age in the business.

Grubman declined to comment yesterday.

Lizzie represents a slew of restaurants and clubs in New York and Miami, major music companies, and a who's who of A-list clients familiar to MTV fans like Jay-Z, Ja Rule and Damon Dash.

It is not known if some of Grubman's more-famous clients will appear on the show. But regular folks caught on camera have been eager to get some airtime, sources said.

"People were signing releases," to appear on the show, sources said, when "Power Girls" was filming in the Hamptons over Memorial Day weekend in the Lizzie-repped hot spot Star Room, a Wainscott club that opened last year.

Grubman, the daughter of Allen Grubman, a prominent lawyer who reps celebs, is no stranger to cameras — although her last widely seen experience with them was less pleasant.

The PR princess was dogged by reporters after an infamous July 2001 incident in which she plowed her father's SUV into a throng waiting on line to get into a Hamptons nightspot, injuring 16 people.

In a 2002 plea bargain, she served nearly 40 days of a 60-day jail sentence.

Lizzie Grubman (center) and posse were snapped two weeks ago during taping for her new reality show.
    http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/22591.htm

No.
    No.
    No.
    :nono
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    OMG NO! I would love to work for LG - she's a PR legend.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

JR.
    Is she going to show people how to mow down a crowd of folks and only get a slap on the wrist?

Is she going to show people how to mow down a crowd of folks and only get a slap on the wrist?

well this is one i probibly will not watch

Click HERE for direct link to the story from courttv.com, or just read the whole thing below.

SOUTHAMPTON, N.Y. — If Lizzie Grubman ends up spending 30 days in the county klink, as the New York tabloids insist she will, the celebrity publicist would probably miss her smokes most of all.

Tobacco is taboo and Grubman's money is meaningless at the Suffolk County Jail, which one of Grubman's lawyers toured last month in anticipation of a possible plea bargain.

A cigarette was the second thing the 31-year-old Grubman asked for July 7, 2001, after backing a new Mercedes-Benz into a crowd of people straining behind a rope to get into one of the trendy Hamptons nightclubs where Grubman likes her up-and-coming clients to be seen.

But even before her need for nicotine, legal representation topped Grubman's requests when cops caught up to her 6 miles away and two hours later at the home of ex-beau Andrew Sasson. Witnesses were accusing Grubman, the daughter of powerhouse New York lawyer Allen Grubman, of hurling an expletive and the phrase "white trash" before her father's $70,000 sports utility vehicle plowed into a crowd waiting to get into Conscience Point Inn.

The broken bones, scrapes and cuts suffered by some of the 16 people injured in the mishap were bad enough, but white trash? For Grubman to suggest that she was better than others who wanted only to hang with the pretty people that night last summer, well, that was adding insult to injury.

The victims individually are suing Grubman, her father and Conscience Point for more than $100 million. Insurance companies will either settle or litigate the claims, but a year after the crash Lizzie Grubman has yet to settle that stubborn 26-count criminal indictment.

If Grubman does not take a deal, her trial will be held in this Riverhead courthouse.

The official line coming from Grubman's lawyers and the prosecutor's office is that there is no agreement yet on a negotiated plea and that the case could go to trial. But given the facts and emotions of the case, privately both sides have leaked in the past that it is just a matter now of what Grubman would cop to and how much time she can stomach in a one-star county accommodation. If convicted of second-degree assault, Grubman could face about eight and a half years.

Grubman, who now avoids the same press pool that helped her build Lizzie Grubman Public Relations beginning in 1996, has a date with Suffolk County Court Judge John Mullin in his chambers in Riverhead on later this month. Chaperoning will be high-profile defense attorney Stephen Scaring, lesser-known but well-regarded defense lawyer Edward Burke Jr., and Nassau County prosecutor Joy Watson.

Watson told Courttv.com that until a defendant actually mouths the phrase "guilty," the case is presumed to be going to trial. Scaring said Tuesday that he is prepared for Mullin to pick a date for the start of jury selection July 18. "The case is going to be set down for trial on the 18th. That's where it is at," Scaring said. "I'm not going to comment on any discussions we have had."

Of course, Scaring could be posturing. There has been lots of that in the Grubman in the case since she was indicted Sept. 12. Cases are often settled after jury selection begins, but defendants tend to get the best deals when they do not put the state through the time and expense of bringing a case to trial.

When the Long Island and New York papers began reporting leaks about a deal to give Grubman 30 days, five years' probation and community service, some in very conservative Suffolk County objected. The papers had already been writing about special treatment police gave Grubman, who did not take a Breathalyzer test and who was allowed to surrender at a police station with a lawyer after having a few hours to pull herself together.

"The law needs to be respected if America is to survive as the great country it once was," Long Islander Grace Hensinger wrote to Mullin in April. "Each decision ending in a plea bargain decays our foundation and our rights under the law."

Robert Pattison, a Yale- and Columbia-educated English professor at Southampton College, told Courttv.com that something about the plea bargain floated in the press struck him the wrong way, prompting him to write to Mullin in May.

"This is eminently a case that should go to a jury," Pattison wrote. "The plea bargain as outlined in the press would be an announcement that justice in Suffolk County is for sale, and that equal treatment under the law is a sham."

Burke, the defense lawyer, and Watson, the prosecutor assigned to the case, refused to discuss negotiations or reports that the judge wants Grubman to agree to a plea or a trial date when the players gather in his chambers July 18.

"I don't know what the letters are complaining about. There is no plea agreement," Watson said.

Regardless of how the criminal case plays out, Grubman has been paying a personal price since the day of the crash. But just how much is not clear. She and business partner Peggy Siegal parted company in December, but Grubman's company Web site gives the impression that it's business as usual for the woman dubbed "Super-flak" by the New York columnists.

Grubman has a knack for organizing celebrity parties at hot spots like Conscience Point, which is still listed as a client on her Web site. The firm's impressive list of current or former clients includes rapper Jay-Z, pop idol Britney Spears and music producer Quincy Jones.

After the accident, Grubman was very concerned about the impact the "Horror in the Hamptons," as the New York Post called it, would have on business. Before all the victims were even released from the hospital, Grubman tapped damage-control expert Howard Rubenstein to spread the word that the incident was an accident and that Grubman was truly sorry.

Rubenstein told Courttv.com last month that he no longer represents Grubman and was in no position to comment about the legal and public relations jam she still finds herself in nearly a year after the crash.

Grubman apparently realized that she was spinning her wheels by trying to spin a story that has no heroes, said Fraser Seitel, a public relations professional who writes a weekly Internet column on the industry.

"I think it is wise. Hers is a bad story and when you are in the middle of a bad story, the overriding challenge is to get it out of the press," Seitel told Courttv.com. "You can't spin this story. The best PR advice she can get in my view is to keep her mouth shut and decide against trying to upgrade her image."

Noting that Martha Stewart seems to be the reigning celebrity villainess, Seitel thinks Grubman will probably take her lumps in court, settle the civil lawsuits and try to move on with her life and career as best she can.

"America is a forgiving nation, apropos Monica Lewinsky, Bill Clinton, Latrell Sprewell and Pee Wee Herman," Seitel said. "It depends on Lizzie's actions after this. Even the New York Post gives up the ghost after awhile."

Nice. Reaaaaal nice Lizzy. :rolleyes Typical arsehole. I hope her "PR legendry" is best remembered for her "I'm so holier than thou that I'll attempt murder" attitude she has. (sorry AmandaFabulous)
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Hey I never said she was holy....
    but she is with the exception of Micheal Ovitz, the most famous, well connected publicist ever.

Do I approve of the things she's done?
    No...but then again I don't approve of Kobe Bryant, Bill Clinton, Halle Berry, Whitney Houston, Micheal Jackson, etc. etc. etc.

Would I love the chance to enjoy a fraction of the success they have had?
    You better believe it...and so would anyone else.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

I wouldn't watch her show if it was the last show airing against Lawrence Welk reruns and community access coverage of the local town council. Her case is why average folk have such contempt for the supposed even handed administration of law ...except in PA where they actually convicted and jailed a state rep who ran down a pedestrian and lied about it to an insurance company.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Premium Member
    Am I the only person who has NO idea who this woman is? Is this Lizzie McGuire? Where am I?

The best you can do is to fake it
    Sometimes you can’t make it on your own

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast