+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Singapore Idol

Singapore Idol

(Note: I know there are a few people from SIngapore, and are all most likely going to watch SIngapore Idol, to see what a colasol flop it may turn out to be, or maybe a huge success - So I guess in thread put in your views on this new Local Reality Show)

---------------
    SINGAPORE IDOL
    ---------------

No, not "singaporean" idol, but SIngapore :rolleyes everywhere else it's CanadIAN, AmericAN, AUstraLIAN ...etc idol. Singapore has to be different I guess .

SO to this date, auditions have been extended due to the the un-forseen amount of people willing to audition, maybe for their 15 minutes of fame, more likely.

The Host is the one and only local star :rolleyes :rolleyes Mr. Gurmit Singh (whatever) what is he 40? anyhow, it's the judges who really count, and the SIngapore Idol judges arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre:

Douglas Olivero

Rock-star

--------------
    Douglas is most remembered for his flamboyant personality as the host for TV’s Rolling Good Times. A regional multi-talented rock star with unrivalled musical talents, he has led the live music scene since the 90s in Singapore and around Asia, touring the Hard Rock Café franchise in Bali, Jakarta, Singapore and Beijing.

After more than 20 years, Douglas has grown to be one of Singapore’s most prominent icons in the local music industry.
    ----------------
    http://www.mediacorptv.com

Supposevely suppose to be the next "simon cowell" :rolleyes

Florence Lian

co-judge and Senior General Manager of English Programming and Marketing for MediaCorp Radio.

-------------
    Florence has been in televsion and radio since 1989.

Remembered as one of the most likeable and popular radio personalities, this Perfect 10 deejay has also hosted numerous tv variety shows like Its Your Move, New Year Countdown and National Day Parade shows.

Florence now holds the position of Senior General Manager of English Programming and Marketing for MediaCorp Radio.
    ---------------

Ken Lim

Music Producer

-------------
    Ken is probably best known for his achievement in producing the official theme songs for the XI Asian Games in Beijing and the XVII Sea Games in Singapore. His name is synonymous with discovering and developing local talent for the regional market. Some of his artistes include Phyllis Quek, Jeanette Aw, Michelle Saram, Stella Ng and Rui En.

Ken has also partnered with Tsui Hark, Hong Kong’s top film director to produce the world’s first cyber recording artiste. With over two decades of experience, today, Ken is the Director of Hype Records, which he started 10 years ago.

The four judges play a crucial part in the show as they are out to find the Final 30 who will go on to compete for viewers’ votes to be Singapore’s very first Idol.
    ----------------

DIck Lee

SInger-songwriter

-------------------
    Famous for his musicals Beauty World and Fried Rice Paradise, has firmly established himself as an award-winning international music producer, performer and composer.

His album The Mad Chinaman shot him to regional prominence, allowing him to work with top Asian artistes like Hong Kong’s Sandy Lam.

With over 20 years of experience in the entertainment industry, including a stint as Regional Vice President of Artiste and Repertoire for Sony Music Asia, Dick Lee has won over fifteen prestigious awards for his work in music and theatre in the last ten years.
    ---------------------
    Last edited by masashi; 06-09-2004 at 02:57 AM.

Judges - THey may know the music indutry, but will they be good TV? I know it's a reality tv show, but we do need entertainmnt right?

THe host --> :rolleyes

I know many people here are talented, can sing and so on. But should be funny how this show starts out. WHat is odd, is that they don't do the whole 100 -- cut down to 32 - cut down to 10 + wildcard round, nope it starts off with Final 12 (or 10 I forgot)

Awww, I wish I could see this. Masashi, did you audition?

I was considering, just for a joke, but wasn't up to it long queus, hours and hours of waiting, just for what 5-10 minutes of making a fool of myself, nope! *shakes head*

Olivero looks like Erik Estrada

FORT Fan
    Mediacorp sure is making this a really really really big deal... i mean to have this show in around 10 minutes of a 30 minute news show... i think it's too much... i really dont know the judges. i was actually wondering what the big fuss was all about... it being a very BIG secret and all. i thought they were gonna have simon cowell or some US star here... and when they finally announced the judges... I had no idea who these people were... i was like... "err... okay... who are they?" but blame it on the fact that ive just been here in singapore for the last 6 months.

I hope the show will have good singers... from what i saw in the news though... those few people they had sing... yikes!!!! not one good singer...

and about the title of the show... i think its singapore idol and not singaporean because you dont have to be singaporean to join... so i guess it's more of the place rather than the people in it. hehe.

there's this neigbor of mine whose been singing her head off almost everyday... she is way better than an alarm clock. I think she joined... and I think she went through the first round of auditions coz I still wake up to her singing... she does have a decent voice though... i just wish she won't sing that early in the morning.

haha. masashi, i also wanted to try and see if the judges would like me... then i realized Singapore is a VERY small place and if i made a fool of myself... i would prolly meet around half of the population whose seen the footage... ACK! just thinking about meeting the guy who sang like a virgin in AI2 would prolly drive me nuts laffing... i dont want to be at the receiving end of that... hehe

Jaycee - are you an expatriate? then I understand what you mean by some of your comments

Yes, the whole "Judge is a big secret thing" :rolleyes why keep a secret of people whom we don't even know? :rolleyes the only name that rings a bell is "dick lee" when I heard that I'm like "oh isn't he the one" but the three others --> :rolleyes I have no clue who they were.

Singapore has definitely blown - SIngapore Idol auditions out of porportion lets hope it's worth it. I'm not hoping it's a faillure, i hope it turns out to be good, and hopefully better then AI3 - (that might not be much of a challenge )

THe judges are unknown, and I'm sure most of the local population don't know at least two of them. I agree with what most has been said. I guess we'll all just have to see it for ourselves

I agree, I think the general local population wouldn't know the Rock Star guy :rolleyes or the ex-DJ girl. I mean to know the music, and be able to judge the show is one thing, but to be a good TV show is another, and they won't bring that. Ie// the Show "An eye for a eye" (SG's version of the Bachlorette)" - total faillure, as in a local Reality TV show, and I predict Singapore Idol to follow along the same footsteps IMO!

I won't get to see this show but, I hope that it's a great show and that all of you enjoy it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast