+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Singapore Idol

*bump* and *update*

note sure how many people will be catching this, but to the few who will.

Singapore Idol premiers after the National Day Parade Telecast:

SINGAPORE IDOL

Date: August 9th, 2004
    Time: 8:25pm
    Channel: Channel 5

I'm looking forward to it in a weird sort of way.

FORT Fan
    on a side note. im a bit excited. i heard one of the filipinos who joined is really good. i believe he joined a contest in the philippines and the only person who beat him there went on to beat christina aguilera in star search. hopefully this guy is good.

SINGAPORE IDOL PREMIER

(my take) - my opinions, my biased comment (so deal with it)

ok firstly, WHAT IS UP WITH THE "SHE BANGS" song? For out international people online, who do not have viewing of Singapore Idol. We had our very own William Hung moment.

This guy, work some gladiator get up, started stripping down (yes, all the way down) to his yellow briefs (or shall we say, close to thongs) and screaming "she bangs" "she bangs"!!. After that scene, I washed my eyes out with bleached for about 10 minutes.

Or the self-acclaimed Singapore "William Hung" the guy, with the crappy dance moves, the cheesiest voice, and the most pathetic comments.

"I want to be known as Singapore's William Hung" *barfs*

He sang Lemon Tree, did some really lame dance, swirley whirley dance moves, and yes, didn't get through. *evil grin*

Okay, off to the next "loser" (as labelled on TV) the Rocky guy, all the way from Shanghai. I personally felt bad for him, sure he didn't have it, to be "IT". Of course Singapore Idol is looking for a "pop" figure, I think he had a good voice, and shouldn't have been brushed off like that. I mean with the judges continously going "You have a classically trained voice, we don't want that" sort of atitude. just ticked me off. I felt bad for him, but then yet again, this could be just incredible editing to make us (the viewer) feel pity for him, which the tv producers have definitely achieved.

Okay, with the bad comes the good.

The guy, who sang for Zoe Tay's wedding okay, first of all ==> :rolleyes <== He was as Randy Jackson would say "it's aiight" -- I didn't think it was "so" impressive, but it wasn't terrible.

The guy with the pink shirt, I don't know why but I am personally rooting for him! So far my pick for the week. I think he has the charisma, with a bit of improvement (the looks), the voice, and yes, stage presence.

Miscellaneous comments:

I personally can't stand Gurmit Singh. I thought he just tried to hard, at being young and hip, but face it I don't think he is. The judges, Dick Lee, alright. Okay, THe youngest judge, the guy who sat on the total end (the producer guy) I don't remember the name. Okay first of all, his hair looks totoally fake. his comments are annoying, and irrelevant. *point*

Well after first episode, looks "alright" I hope I can keep up!

Comments, please, let us keep this post alive, with praise, diss, and comments on soon-to-be one of Singapore's Idol!

FORT Fan
    Dick Lee is way too insulting and harsh... "You are nothing, just get out" wow... that one was degrading. dunno what the contestant did as of yet... wow...

ken... well... he's just plain scary.

the other 2 judges... well.. theyre ok.

about the contestants... what is it with all the pimping? the one who joined fame? i mean ok... good voice... but did she was being pimped... and that fat girl who sang somewhere over the rainbow. nice voice too. the one in the pink shirt is ok, was kinda screaming but ok. the one who sang solitaire is good. the one with the shakira like voice was good. the rest were crap... cant believe they let some of the contestants go through(the little guy with the falsetto voice). its too early in the competition and they already dismissed people with good voices... the girl who refused to do a makeover and the guy who forgot the lyrics coz he dint practice.

*bump*

Just wondering, if I'm the only one on FORT watching Singapore Idol.

THE FINALE (aka the Show-down) December 1st @ the Indoor Stadium (and I'm working that day :phhht )

Anybody???

oh yeah, shameless plug to whom I'm supporting
    Last edited by John; 11-25-2004 at 08:52 AM.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I never knew there was this thread!!!

Taufik!!!! But I don't know how to get tickets to the finale.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

haha....only towards the finale this thread is coming alive.

a Taufik fan as well?

did you happen to catch the "phenomen" episode tonight?

GO TAUFIK!! he he he

p.s - I remmeber hearing on the radio, tickets can not be purchased, they have to be "won" :rolleyes i know many people who would pay a large sum of $$ to catch it...

Stupid! Don't they want to sell the tickets and get big bucks. I want to buy.

I didn't know this thread exist. or not I would have posted like crazzzy.

Taufik fan. but of course.
    Not to the extent of "wanting to marry him. OMG TAUFIK I LIEK YUOO!" weird fangirls. I love his voice and will purchase his cd for sure.
    He was sad in the episod today. He made me tear when he started crying for his mom. so touching.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

yeah, the ticket distribution very dumb. I mean to fill the whole "indoor statdium" isn't that 10,000+ :rolleyes

yeah, i know what you mean. during tonight's episode, when he was explaining how he wants to support his mum...my eyes watered he deserves to win!

oh, question: do you understand when sly talks? ... he seems to mumble a lot, and not "pro-noun-ciat-te* very well :rolleyes

the sad truth from what i see. sly supporters will support him, all the way :rolleyes

and the annoying hand pointing thing, and odd-looking wink/grin is getting so on my nerves

I used to like Sly because I recognized the "rocker" in him.
    But all those adoring fangirls of his turns me off.
    And yes, Sly mumbles and his diction is horrible. I think what gets on my nerves is "I Love you All" speech. Oh please. Just shut up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast