+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Singapore Idol

I forgot to put in a picture of the host:
    here it is, Gurmit Singh :rolleyes Singapore's very own Ryan Seacrest :rolleyes

FORT Fan
    masashi... yep im an expatriate... my company assigned me here for a year...

with your nick... im guessing your nihonjin? genki desu ka? i speak japanese... not fluent though..

oh oh oh... i saw that show too... funny how the girl ended up with the runner-up instead... hahahaha.

about the show... when does it start? i was hoping id still be here when it ends..

Hai, Nihon-jin desu! Ohayoo Gozaimasu! well nearly afternoon

Honestly I don't know when it starts, I've checked the mediacopr website, no date listed, well at least I haven't seen any.

FORT Fan
    hehe. konnichiwa. =) i work for a jap company thats why i speak a bit of japanese.. you an expat here as well?

expat I guess but consider myself local

Anyways back to Singapore Idol!

Am I the only one who finds it ridiculous by the fact that they start off the season with alreayd the final 12 or final 10?? :rolleyes

FORT Fan
    oh... i dint know that... why would they do that? there's no semi-finals? thats weird... i thought all idol shows should follow the original format?

Hmm, I think that's what I read a while back I don't think they had enough contestants to do the whole stndard format anyhow, I think they only got what 20,000+ auditions? not much really if you think about it, just assume 80% are really crap, well the producers don't have much to make a show out of it IMO

FORT Fan
    what i meant by standard format was go with the 132 or so contestants and then narrow it down to 32 before and then have the semi-finals... oh well... it will be weird because the judges will have too much power... i mean, its like shoving the finalists down our throat... oh well... so that means no wildcards either..

iS that just assumption or fact that they will already have the final 12 to start off with? if so, then they might as well just call it that "talent-time" instead of Singapore Idol. Talent-time i remember they did that like 4-5 years ago.

Singapore Idol should be interesting

But I agree, the other attempt at a local reality tv show "eye for a guy" - was really lame, tacky, and unoriginal, so who knows how Singapore Idol will end up like.

For the starting date, it hasn't yet been publically announced. But I have a feeling sometime in Aug. Due to processing of the what 3,500+ applicants and finding the final 12 to be featured in Singapore Idol.

I just saw the news, they showed a little clip of someone auditioning. The people ARE talented for sure (in 'general') but what is also key is how this show is directed and produced, which IMO might mess things up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast