+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NBC seeking "Average Janes" for new Average Joe Series

NBC seeking "Average Janes" for new Average Joe Series

NBC CURRENTLY SEEKING 'AVERAGE JANES' FOR NEXT INSTALLMENT OF ITS HIT SERIES 'AVERAGE JOE,' FEATURING REVERSE TWIST ON POPULAR SERIES FORMULA

Nationwide Search for 'Average Janes' Underway with Casting Calls in New York City, Milwaukee, Atlanta and Tampa

BURBANK, Calif. -- June 7, 2004 -- NBC is looking for smart, witty and engaging women with great personalities for "Average Jane," the network's new edition -- with a reverse twist -- of its hit series "Average Joe."

Casting is underway for women hoping to find romance with a man who wants something more substantial than just superficial physical attraction. Likewise, the producers are also looking for charismatic, intelligent, successful bachelors interested in meeting a woman who has much more to offer than just "model" good looks.

Television viewers have fallen in love with and rooted for the "Average Joes" through three previous editions of the popular relationship series: "Average Joe," "Average Joe: Hawaii" and "Average Joe: Adam Returns." Now fans of the series can watch what happens when the tables are turned -- and real women travel to an idyllic, romantic destination to woo an eligible bachelor with charm, wit and intelligence instead of just relying on good looks.

Those interested in auditioning for "Average Jane" or submitting a friend or family member's name for consideration can apply online by visiting the "contestants" page at www.nbc.com, which also lists location dates and times for upcoming casting calls. There will be open auditions in June in New York City, Milwaukee, Atlanta and Tampa. Venue locations, dates and times are detailed below.

The three installments of "Average Joe" this past season averaged a powerful 5.7 rating among adults 18-49, a 54 percent improvement over NBC's earlier series programming in that time period. "Average Joe" also outscored time-period rival "CSI: Miami" in several key upscale ratings categories, such as adults 18-49 living in homes with incomes of $75,000 or more. The first edition of "Average Joe" finished as the season's #12 series among adults 18-49.

The eight-episode series, expected to begin filming late summer, is a production of NBC Universal Television and Krasnow Productions. Stuart Krasnow ("Average Joe," "Weakest Link") and Andrew Glassman ("Average Joe," "Average Joe: Hawaii") are the executive producers.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Not said in this announcement....seeking women who are under 5' 4" or over 5' 9", large or painfully thin....wear glasses.....are smart and object to being made a fool of in public ...object: humiliation in front of millions of viewers....

It describes every woman I dated...my darling wife and tons of people NBC just should leave alone...left out of the casting call is professional actresses need not apply...

don't think this is gonna work...well maybe, but still something not right about a room of men competing for an avg looking chick

nbc can always just call up miss lifshitz yes/no

They just had an open call for Average Jane here in Phoenix last weekend.

I'm happy to say I did NOT attend. I'd like to think I wouldn't be choosen.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Ohh...damnn!! My reality show dreams are FOILED again! Sometimes it just sucks being so superior over all of the "average janes" in the world. ::sigh::
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

"Average Joe" also outscored time-period rival "CSI: Miami" in several key upscale ratings categories, such as adults 18-49 living in homes with incomes of $75,000 or more
    Too bad they missed the other key demographic, 36 year olds earing $56,632.32 with a grandfather from Poland.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    That was funny AI!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Anyone have the casting call schedule?

+ Reply to Thread