+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dougs "car" room

Dougs "car" room

Did anyone see this last night?
    Was it a new one? I couldn't find the pictures on the website, but this had to be the worst room ever.
    The concept was actually kind of fun for a kids room, He took two halves of real car frames and used the back end of a red one for a bed and the front end of a blue one for a toy box (which actually never got finished). The cars looked like they were driving into and out of the kids walls, but the room was way to small! There was no room for anything else. You should have seen the amount of things that were removed from the room. Plus if these guys ever move and try to sell to people who have no interest in that room, it could be a huge issue.

I swear I think I dislike Doug more every time I see him.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I saw it Cali, I do think it was new.
    They usually have the newest before and after shots on the right hand side of the screen aloing with a short write up about the episode.

I agree, it was a fun idea, but it should have stayed just that imo and never been put into practice.

The room was definitely too small, he has virtually eliminated all the floor space for play and he didn't even get the room properly finished.
    He totally monopolised Ty too.
    I think it was ridiculous.
    Did you ever see Changing Rooms where Michael Jewitt did a construction site room?
    It was so much better than this.
    "That's Numberwang!"

yes I did see the CR, and you're right his room did look great.

Using lifesize cars was just too much. I'll look again later for the before and afters.

He blew half his budget on the car and the little boy ended up with a car in his room and very little else.
    I did like he way he made the wall look like an extension of the road (carpet). I agree with his HO's though, he should ahve just bought that route 66 sign for $10.00.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I had a couple of minutes so I went and got the b&a.

Doug's Room

The room looks good, but he has not left if as a functional space.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Thanks Fluff. I did go back and look for the B&A's, just couldn't find them. So then My husband and I sat around lloking at older ones

You're right it does look good. What are they going to do with those "table toys" he had?

Ugh...I didn't see that episode. Y'all are right--it does look good, but there's hardly any room for anything else! I agree with Fluff about the extension of the road idea. That's pretty cool.

Now that looks cool! It didn't look like there was much space to begin with though. Perhaps it would have been best if he just used the bed one and left it at that. The big red thing jutting out into the room seems to be the problem. I haven't seen this one yet so I have no idea what that is.
    I can't wait to see a repeat of this one.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

I like the idea of the room, but it wasn't very well thought out. I think the car bed that Vern had built was a better idea. The real cars also seemed kind of dangerous.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I agree.
    Doug really cut down on the floor space in the room.
    I think she could have got Ty to build a toy car out of MDF for a fraction of the price, plus he could have actually made the toy chest part operational.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread