+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FOX begins search for a new "Swan"

FOX begins search for a new "Swan"

SEARCH FOR A NEW "SWAN" BEGINS

Hit FOX Makeover Series to Hold Live Auditions For Women Seeking Life Transformations

The most popular makeover series in America returns with open auditions for the second season of THE SWAN, the groundbreaking FOX series that turns average-looking women into drop-dead-gorgeous beauties. Auditions will take place in six cities across the U.S. starting on Saturday, June 5.

THE SWAN goes beyond other makeover shows, offering women the incredible opportunity to undergo complete life transformations, as they accomplish their goals and bring their dreams to fruition. To bring about these radical transformations, contestants are given access to a team of plastic surgeons, a cosmetic and reconstructive dentist, a trainer, a nutritional plan, therapy and life coaching.

The series is especially dramatic because the contestants are not permitted to see themselves in a mirror during the three-month transformation process. Only the most beautiful and transformed women are selected to compete in the Swan Pageant and further their chances of being crowned "The Swan" during a dazzling, suspense-filled season finale.

Producers are looking for female contestants, ages 21-45. They must have health and dental insurance and must not be recovering from any surgeries or illnesses. Videotaped submissions can be sent to "The Swan" Season Two, 2554 Lincoln Boulevard, PMB #1013, Venice, CA 90291. For audition and submission information, log on to the website at www.fox.com/swan or www.swancasting.com.

The first round of casting calls will be at the following locations:

MEMPHIS, TN SATURDAY, JUNE 5 10:00 AM
    Radisson Downtown Memphis
    185 Union Avenue
    Memphis, TN 38103
    *E.H. Crump Ballroom

PHILADELPHIA, PA SATURDAY, JUNE 5 10:00 AM
    Crown Plaza Philadelphia Center City
    1800 Market St
    Philadelphia, PA 19103
    *Independence Ballroom

PHOENIX, AZ SATURDAY, JUNE 5 10:00 AM
    Wyndham Phoenix Hotel
    50 East Adams Street
    Phoenix, Arizona 85004
    *Salon 8

ORLANDO, FL WEDNESDAY, JUNE 9 10:00 AM
    Orlando Marriott Downtown
    400 W Livingston St
    Orlando, FL 32801
    **Ballroom B

DETROIT, MI WEDNESDAY, JUNE 9 10:00 AM
    Hilton Hotel
    26000 American Dr
    Southfield, MI 48034
    *Fisher/Fox Room

HOUSTON, TX WEDNESDAY, JUNE 9 10:00 AM
    InterContinental Houston
    2222 West Loop South
    Houston, TX 77027
    *Discovery Ballroom

THE SWAN is produced by FremantleMedia North America and Galan Entertainment in association with A. Smith & Company Productions. Arthur Smith and Nely Galan serve as executive producers. Kent Weed is co-executive producer. The series was created by Nely Galan.

FremantleMedia North America
    Based in Santa Monica and with offices in New York, FremantleMedia North America (FMNA) is one of America's foremost producers of reality-based entertainment programming for television. In 2004, FMNA will launch THE COMPLEX and THE SWAN on FOX. Additional credits include AMERICAN IDOL (FOX), which received five 2003 Emmy nominations and scored the highest-rated season or series debut on any network in the 2003/2004 season; "The Price is Right" (CBS); "Family Feud" (syndication); "Oliver's Twist" (Food Network); "Date Patrol" (TLC); "American Juniors" (FOX); and "Cupid" (CBS). FMNA is a division of award-winning international television production company FremantleMedia, which creates drama, entertainment and factual entertainment programming in more than 40 countries and territories. FremantleMedia is a wholly owned subsidiary and the content business arm of the publicly traded RTL Group, one of Europe's largest television and radio broadcast companies. The RTL Group owns 23 television and 22 radio stations in eight countries, and is a division of leading integrated media and entertainment company Bertelsmann AG.

Noooooo!
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

FORT Fogey
    Sheesh. Leave it up to FOX to renew a terrible show

Good Lord! On top of everything else they have to have medical and dental insurance. I'm wiring my mouth shut! Wish I could put smilies in my text.

toothdoc

Maybe I really am the only one who liked this show.

No, I really, really liked the show although I think perhaps the contestants could have been screened a little better. Some of the attitude problems were a little hard to understand given all the free stuff and effort that was done on their behalf. I mean it was understood what was going to happen when they signed up for the show so I was really ashamed for some of them with their attitudes. I have watched the pageant a few times since I taped it and I thought it was fun. When else would any of these women get to do such a fun thing? The only person I really think is silly and over the top is the hostess Amanda. There has to be someone a little more user friendly than her. She is so mechanical and cold and has no rapport with the women at all. She detracts from the show and makes it seem sillier than it already is, lol. But, I digress, I liked the show, yes it's unfortunate that we can't all just be happy with the way we are but since that is the case I think it's nice that they not only work on the outside but the inside as well. Having said that I do think some of the procedures were overly aggressive and unneccessary but nothing was done that wasn't agreed upon by the contestants who didn't have to do any of it if they didn't want to. I also agree that I can't imagine letting anyone know about my marital problems on national TV and don't see how that's going to help when they get back home and the other person feels like the whole knows what a jerk you've been to someone, lol. I mean that was a little uncomfortable to watch for me. I could live without knowing all those sorts of details. But I'm sure that a lot of people could relate to that side of it. They sure didn't sugar coat anything.

+ Reply to Thread